Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Cancelled due to COVID-19? Or just delayed? What happened to these books?

There's an article about 12 missing Marvel titles, not yet resolicited after COVID shut everything down.
    https://www.gamesradar.com/missing-marvel-titles-2020/

Infinite Destinies: no news
    Darkhold: no news
    Gwen Stacy: writing and art complete, but no release date
    Nebula: no news
    Silk: Out in March!
    Marvels: stated in September to still be happening, but we don't know when it'll be out
    America Chavez - Made in the USA: Out in March!
    New Warriors: no comment, possibly DOA as Champions and Power Pack, the other Outlawed books, are already underway
    How to Read Comics the Marvel Way: no news
    Punisher vs Barracuda: no news, but Brisson is no longer Marvel exclusive so it may be DOA.
    WEB of Spider-Man: was resolicited for December then pulled again. Waiting for the Disney Parks to reopen?
    Dark Ages: no news since it's announcement in FCBD X-Men.

The article forgot to mention Black Panther.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-17-2020 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Updated Silk and America Chavez
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Marvels: stated in September to still be happening, but we don't know when it'll be out
    This is the last I read on the status of THE MARVELS, as of a few months ago...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.gam...-in-the-works/

...it’s also the only book on the posted list i care at all about.

Astonishing Member

Well we got more late books
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/late...ris-claremont/

I think Dimond is having printer problems thanks to covid and is having marvel shuffle around/canncled books to help them out

BANNED

Dark Ages: Tom taylor says that it is happening, just will be post poned

Silk is still happening but postponed.
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Well we got more late books
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/late...ris-claremont/

I think Dimond is having printer problems thanks to covid and is having marvel shuffle around/canncled books to help them out
    Diamond is the distributor, not the printer. I went through this during the pandemic because the big shutdown hit the week that Doctor Doom #7 was supposed to be in the comics shops. The LCS had my pull list but for that week they were only doing curbside. But when I called them to see if the comics came in they said they got no deliveries. The FedEx (or maybe UPS...I forget which he said it was) driver left a note on his shop's door to say they tried to deliver but the door was locked. He said that was bogus because he's always opens the shop early on the day that they get their shipments. If you look at the small print at the bottom of the title page, it tells you where the comic is printed. For some reason it seems the comics that were due to come out in March got really messed up. As we're seeing, some still haven't been released. Doctor Doom #7 finally got a shipped in September. The Fantastic Four was another on my pull list but that resumed during the summer. There's been no explanation as to what happened but I am sure there was a lot of confusion. My LCS owner thinks the shipments got sent back to Diamond but Diamond had stayed closed IIRC. So who knows where those shipments ended up? I don't know if anyone knows the whole story or if we will ever know. I've heard stories of comics ending up in a warehouse somewhere. We' re talking about multiple deliveries across the country. Did they send the files back to the printers again? I think most of the art gets digitized for printing. I'd be curious to find out where they ended up.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-13-2020 at 04:14 PM.

America Chavez - Made in the USA -- I believe the artist has indicated that he's now working on this again.

I need Darkhold to come out because I am desperate for Scarlet Witch content.

Dark Ages is in a weird spot since the artist is on Venom again.
    Nebula's last 2-3 issues are just in the air.
    New Warriors is likely canned, likely because of the outrage of the 2 characters.
    Everything else is in limbo and I don't know when they will be back if at all since Marvel revealed 2 Mastero books and all the King in Black minis since then.

They also forgot the Rise of Skywalker adaptation.

Don't forget trying to spin Kamala's knock-off symbiote suit into its own mini-series for the Empyre event.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

That's confirmed cancelled - the only cancelled Empyre tie-in to be repurposed was The Union, which had it's villains changed to be a King in Black tie-in.

Stormranger's plot will instead be condensed into a single issue - Ahmed's finale on Magnificent Ms. Marvel. Yeah, Kamala's gone from having a spin-off to being cancelled.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member Ruby Quartz Diamond's Avatar

I wonder if Rosenberg's Hawkeye: Freefall was supposed to be an ongoing series but had to be cancelled because of COVID-19.

I think it had a second arc nixed, but the first arc did eventually finish.

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    They also forgot the Rise of Skywalker adaptation.
    Given the recent Disney+ announcements concerning the new Star Wars shows I wouldn't be surprised if we never see this one again.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest