Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    And soon, She-Hulk, a character Aaron has treated as if she had no fans at all before.

It doesn't really matter, though. If movie synergy had any impact it would have had it by now. It's clear that the powers that be at Marvel just don't want the Avengers to go back to a pre-2004 approach and that Wanda, Wasp, etc. aren't going back on the main lineup unless some writer fights for them.
    I think it depends on who takes over after Aaron. I feel like it might be Al Ewing and he seems like he'd bring in some classic Avengers instead of big names, although he's also likely to bring in some more obscure members too.

I think Aaron is a great writer of anything that isn't X-Men. However, his Avengers run lacks the punch that it deserves. Avengers feels too smalltime. It should never be a lean book with just a handful of characters. There should always be at least two or three books with at least that many different teams. The Avengers are supposed to be worldly and have to come together for a big deal. It doesn't feel like it under Aaron. Whereas when you see Avengers under Hickman it was like a huge deal and it was treated as such because it took itself and wrote itself like it was a big deal. IDK.

Aaron's run is likely bulletproof because of the pandemic so that medicore run will just keep going until the heads say it ends or Aaron ends it.

Not shocking Xmen, Hulk, Venom have outsold it though. That being said, the numbers are skewed only because DC left Diamond.