Default DC’s Very Merry Multiverse Special

Usually these holiday/seasonal specials are just filled with fluff and occasionally there will be a good story buried somewhere. This one was surprisingly good. I really enjoyed almost all the short stories, plus it’s always fun to take a trip through the multiverse.

Some great entries and featured characters. The gender swapped heroes of Earth 11 taking on Starrla the Conqueress , the arcane heroes of of Earth 13, Gotham By Gaslight Batman (and Plastic Man), David Walker telling a great President Superman tale, and of course no holiday would be complete without some Lobo destruction courtesy of Tom King.

The Lobo story gave me a few laughs and even had a surprisingly poignant moment. There’s even a Batman Beyond short drawn by Dustin Nguyen.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

I love Teen Justice already lmao. Aquagirl, Kid Quick and Donald Troy are my favorites!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I love Holiday specials but I skipped on this, is it worth a look?

The original kon-el was in a display case in the planet krypton restaurant in the booster gold story. Cool to see him there, and thst means he was a hero on that planet BEFORE he went to the future with Supergirl and joined the Legion.

Drawn by Todd nauck the artist in the original YJ comic series

Amazing Member

Not!Evil Maxwell Lord and Booster reminiscing about Ted was my favorite story, I never thought I'd see good Max again.

Always Rakzo

This was fun, nothing groundbreaking but it was fun.

I guess is too late to ask King to drop the pretentious writing but you would think that he at least would do something different for a frikking Lobo story.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    I love Teen Justice already lmao. Aquagirl, Kid Quick and Donald Troy are my favorites!
    Well you'll be seeing more of Kid Quick at least, as they're the Flash in Future State Justice League.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well you'll be seeing more of Kid Quick at least, as they're the Flash in Future State Justice League.
    Yeah I excited to see him there.

I was super pleased that the Earth-19 story explicetely followed the Convergence Shazam story, with the same designs for both the Bat-Blimp and Mr. Freeze. kudos to whoever made that descioin!

All over a very good oneshot. Special mentions to the Earth-23,19. 29 and 47 stories!

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    I love Holiday specials but I skipped on this, is it worth a look?
    It’s obviously not essential reading but if you love multiverse stories and Morrison’s Multiversity I would recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by HandofPrometheus View Post
    Yeah I excited to see him there.
    THEM. Jess is non-binary.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman