Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    Secret wars toys ! Excellent. Of course there's less to say or to show than for the swords, but I like the idea.

And now I have an explanation why I though that Doom was riding a very special military car in the current series... Ha ha.

I thought that was kind of cool of him to give a little call back to those toys. Maybe one day I will get myself a Secret Wars Doom. They are sure a far cry from the Marvel Legends

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Best Thread Ever
    Thanks! Two more entries to go before Santa Doom goes away until next year

On the Eleventh Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......

Eleven Golden Goblets

Ten Secret Wars Toys
    Nine Swords for Dueling
    Eight Horses Prancing
    Seven Doombots Dancing
    Six Subject Swearing
    FIVE IMPERIAL RINGS
    Four Horns for Tooting
    Three Doomy Bears
    Two COVID Masks
    and a Throne Made of Asgard's World Tree

I think if Doom were to admit to having any kind of vice or indulgence it would be either fine wine or good food..... or both. The first time we see Doom with an elaborate dining service is when Jack Kirby gave us this splash page in Fantastic Four #87. While Reed, Ben and Johnny are out there on the streets of Latveria fighting for their lives against some berserk killer Doombots, Doom elects to whisk Crystal and Sue away in a secret trap door and they eventually find their way into the dining hall of Castle Doom.

Way back in Fantastic Four #6, Doom and Namor share a goblet, probably Namor's since it looks like a sea shell. They don't mention what they are drinking but usually when Stan wrote the comics, he doesn't mention alcoholic beverages. When Reed and Doom share a toast in Fantastic Four annual #2, they state that they are drinking....berry juice!

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-25-2020 at 09:54 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Of course, Doom appreciates fine wine in a fine goblet!

Love your choices, Iron Maiden! We're almost there!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Secret wars toys ! Excellent. Of course there's less to say or to show than for the swords, but I like the idea.

And now I have an explanation why I though that Doom was riding a very special military car in the current series... Ha ha.
    Abe!!! Great to see you! Hope everything is good with you in this difficult year. Happy Holidays!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by Reviresco View Post
    Of course, Doom appreciates fine wine in a fine goblet!

Love your choices, Iron Maiden! We're almost there!
    Thanks Reviresco! I'll try and get it the last one out there later tonight so. I already have it planned out just have to get the images together.

On the Twelveth Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......

Twelve Bears for Riding

Eleven Golden Goblets
    Ten Secret Wars Toys
    Nine Swords for Dueling
    Eight Horses Prancing
    Seven Doombots Dancing
    Six Subject Swearing
    FIVE IMPERIAL RINGS
    Four Horns for Tooting
    Three Doomy Bears
    Two COVID Masks
    and a Throne Made of Asgard's World Tree

I wish we knew more about Doom's adventures with Novak. Debuting in Doctor Doom #7, we see Doom emerge from the wilderness of Northern Latveria riding this enormous bear. I assume he is a European species. After doing a bit of Googling, I found that largest bears are the Polar bears and the Kodiak bear, which is mostly found in Alaska. Since Doom was heading to Chihuahua, Mexico after he dispatched Kang, I had assumed he would be traveling east to Europe via the Atlantic Ocean. But I guess he headed West and crossed over to the Russian coast. Somewhere along the way back to Latveria he encountered this bear... and a saddle. Where does one find a saddle for a bear that would stretch over the girth of that size? I feel like this could be a whole issue right there. He even calls Novak his comrade.

Maybe he was rescued from circus. I wonder if he is keeping him as a kind of pet or perhaps he just let turned him loose after he served to get Doom back home again. At least he looks well fed....

And so we come to the end of the 2020 edition of The Twelve Days of Santa Doom. I hope we all have a brighter and safer 2021 ahead of us. Merry Christmas Everyone and watch out for any hungry stray bears in your neighborhood!

A little bit late, but anyway I wish you a Merry Christmas, Iron Maiden !

As to Rev -hope you're as fine as me, dear friend - and everyonz here of course.

Of course it's a 2020 Christmas but I hope it was a good one despite everything happening.

And thanks a lot for all the treats in that thread : so many excellent ideas, so much Maleev artwork ! I loved it !

I still haven't read the last issue of the Doom series, but I couldn't avoid all the spoilers... so let's say that for that Christmas Day you had the last word about Victor : I will forgive Marvel's editorial staff the day they will greenlight the highly anticipated "Comrade Novak" mini-series. Until then... I'm not that sure...
    Last edited by Abe; 12-27-2020 at 08:11 AM.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

As to Rev -hope you're as fine as me, dear friend - and everyonz here of course.

Of course it's a 2020 Christmas but I hope it was a good one despite everything happening.

And thanks a lot for all the treats in that thread : so many excellent ideas, so much Maleev artwork ! I loved it !

I still haven't read the last issue of the Doom series, but I couldn't avoid all the spoilers... so let's say that for that Christmas Day you had the last word about Victor : I will forgive Marvel's editorial staff the day they will greenlight the highly anticipated "Comrade Novak" mini-series. Until then... I'm not that sure...
    Sorry about the spoilers. I really couldn't avoid them popping up in the appreciation thread which is why I start the review thread so the spoilers could go there. I plan to start a review thread to the King in Black: Iron Man/Doctor Doom even though I doubt there will be any things game changing in that. I just hope it's a goofy little outing.

And a Merry Christmas to you as well Abe! I am glad you enjoyed this year's presents from Santa Doom. I wanted to do mostly new things but left in some of the old....you can't leave out Doomy Bear! And the World Tree I think will always be my equivalent of the "partridge in a pear tree"!
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-29-2020 at 03:46 PM.

Glad to hear you are safe and doing fine in these difficult times Abe! Always good to see you.

Maleev's Doctor Doom is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    Sorry about the spoilers. I really couldn't avoid them popping up in the appreciation thread which is why I start the review thread so the spoilers could go there. I plan to start a review thread to the King in Black: Iron Man/Doctor Doom even though I doubt there will be any things game changing in that. I just hope it's a goofy little outing.

And a Merry Christmas to you as well Abe! I am glad you enjoyed these year's presents from Santa Doom. I wanted to new mostly new things but left in some of the old....you can't leave out Doomy Bear! And the World Tree I think will always be my equivalent of the "partridge in a pear tree"!

Yaay! Can't have Christmas without Santa Doom!

Excellent job spreading the Holiday Dr. Doom Cheer, Iron Maiden!

Thanks Reviresco! I needed something fun to do during these times. I really didn't enjoy Christmas shopping this year. I'm sure Christmas 2021 will be a brighter one! (boy, I was multitasking too much when I wrote that other post! (fixed)

BTW, I asked about the threads being rebooted and yes, they will do it again
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-29-2020 at 04:08 PM.