Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

On the Eighth Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......

Eight Horses Prancing

Seven Doombots Dancing
    Six Subject Swearing
    FIVE IMPERIAL RINGS
    Four Horns for Tooting
    Three Doomy Bears
    Two COVID Masks
    and a Throne Made of Asgard's World Tree

When you think about it, Doom has had a lot of dealings with the animal kingdom. He's wrestled lions, ridden bears (watch this space for that one) and has been known to keep pets like Bengal tigers and vultures. But horses have been a part of his life since childhood. When his father took young Victor and fled to the mountains to escape being arrested by the king's soldiers, they were on horseback. Unfortunately the horse got spooked, unseated the riders and took off. This forced them to flee on foot from their pursuers. Flash forward to Doctor Doom #6 and we see Doom on horseback as he races to Mexico to gain transport back to Latveria. It's not known how he crossed the ocean, since he was avoiding being tracked by using low tech forms of transportation. It wouldn't surprise me if he rounded up some dolphins or rode on a whale. But he has had some perilous incidents in the ocean...he was almost devoured by some prehistoric megaladons. But that's a tale for another day

San Diego, CA and Den of Madness, Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    On the Fifth Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......

FIVE IMPERIAL RINGS

Four Horns for Tooting
    Three Doomy Bears
    Two COVID Masks

As far as I know, the only time we see Doom's Imperial Ring is in Daredevil #38 "The Living Prison". Doom kidnapped Daredevil to use in a scheme to gain some payback from the Fantastic Four after they defeated him in FF#60. He switched bodies with Daredevil so that he could gain access to the Baxter Building to attack the FF. But while he's on his way to the Baxter Building, Daredevil, who know is in Doom's body, orders Doom's henchmen to stop Daredevil. So Doom has to prove that he is disguised as Daredevil by showing him his Ring Imperial

Four of the five rings in that picture at the top are ones I found while checking out Etsy and an online auction result. The monogrammed signet ring was sold at an auction back in 2015. It was worn on screen by Julian McMahon in Fox's Fantastic Four movies. One is an MF Doom ring and the other is from a Facebook store Batjeepster Rings for $125. I wonder if he has any more in stock?
    2020-12-20 13.35.31.jpg

Here's a Doom ring I've had for many years, probably pewter but still ... you shouldn't have to resort to MF Doom for jewelry.
    ds
    "Because ... I am Doom
    ... What Gods dare stand against me?"

Posting from the dungeon of Castle Doom, Latveria

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    2020-12-20 13.35.31.jpg

Here's a Doom ring I've had for many years, probably pewter but still ... you shouldn't have to resort to MF Doom for jewelry.
    ds
    LOL. Okay. I have edited that image of the 5 rings to include your ring instead
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-20-2020 at 06:21 PM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

I love the horseback pics! But I try to forget that awful run of FF. shudder

Quote Originally Posted by DoomScribe View Post
    2020-12-20 13.35.31.jpg

ds
    You have the coolest stuff, DoomScribe!
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

Thanks for posting. I already have plans I may use for this image when I saw it yesterday.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-20-2020 at 06:20 PM.

On the Ninth Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......

Nine Swords for Dueling

Eight Horses Prancing
    Seven Doombots Dancing
    Six Subject Swearing
    FIVE IMPERIAL RINGS
    Four Horns for Tooting
    Three Doomy Bears
    Two COVID Masks

Once again we see how writers and artists like to go medieval with Doom. In addition to a suit of armor that is bristling with high tech weaponry, he's been known to wield a sword in battle. You could say that Doom is very much into the trappings of the knights of old. The first example that I can remember showing Doom engaging in a bit of swordplay comes in Super-Villain Team-Up #13 where Doom gets medieval with Warlord Krang.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-21-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Default Nine Swords for Dueling

His most recent duel with a sword occurs in Doctor Doom #8 when he is given carte blanche to invade and seize neighboring Symkaria. He finds out who among the Symkarians plotted the scheme where he was blamed for the destruction of the Antlion complex on the Moon. One of them was a Symkarian of royal blood who I suppose was skilled at swordplay...or maybe not. I don't think it would have mattered because that was how Doom chose to deal with her. The match is lopsided, he is in armor while she is in an evening gown so it's unlikely she would have done Doom any damage. But I stop short of having any sympathy for her because he actions resulted in the death of thousands of people who were stationed on the Antlion.

As for Doom's claim of owning 50,000 swords I have my doubts....of course he would have a Hall of Swords.

One other sword that Doom has wielded is the Soulsword but he never has owned it. But he did snatch it away from Kitty and kept it for a while until she got it back later in the story.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-21-2020 at 10:37 AM.

Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Some great scans for the Nine Swords post, Iron Maiden!

I love the soul word one, and of course, Krang from Super-Villian Team-Up. And man, Maleev likes Doom with a sword! Gorgeous pieces.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

Thanks, Rev! Yeah, Maleev did a lot of Doom commissions when he was on Infamous Iron Man. He would post them on his Twitter and then people would start bidding on them. He does have an store along with some other artists on Kirby's Comic Art.
    Link: One of the Doom's was sold there for 1050 pounds. It's the one in the middleon the top row I keep asking if he will do signed prints of Doom there but so far there is only a Batman.

Oh my! I'm late to the party, Iron Maiden! How could I miss the Twelve Days of Santa Doom so far...

I love all the new stuffs and all the little changes in the classic parts. A pleasure to look at and a pleasure to read. Thanks a lot!
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Hi Abe! Glad you dropped by! I will be adding in the Tenth Day shortly!

On the Tenth Day of Christmas, Santa Doom gave to me......

Ten Secret Wars Toys

Nine Swords for Dueling
    Eight Horses Prancing
    Seven Doombots Dancing
    Six Subject Swearing
    FIVE IMPERIAL RINGS
    Four Horns for Tooting
    Three Doomy Bears
    Two COVID Masks

I got the idea of including Secret Wars Toys from the 1980s from Christopher Cantwell's Doctor Doom series. He had been teasing on his Twitter that since he had some of the Secret Wars toys as a child that he would include one of them in issue #8. He had a lot of people guessing which one it would be.

Sure enough, it gets a big splash page as Doom runs roughshod over Symkaria. I think Larocca really gave it a great upgrade. The Doom buggy is pictured on the bottom row of the toys. The bottom row has the Doom Doom Copter and a Doom Buggy. Then one row up is another Doom Buggy, a Doom Roller and a Doom Chopper. I never was really much into the Doom figure for Secret Wars 1984....I really wanted him to have that cape! AFAIK this Secret Wars figure was the first time a Doctor Doom toy was created. Marvel didn't really have much merchandise out there yet. I do remember the Mego Fantastic Four figures. They had cloth uniforms and even the Thing was in a cloth piece that had his craggy look. They didn't create a molded figure for him.

Last edited by Iron Maiden; 12-22-2020 at 02:20 PM.

Secret wars toys ! Excellent. Of course there's less to say or to show than for the swords, but I like the idea.

And now I have an explanation why I though that Doom was riding a very special military car in the current series... Ha ha.
    - To Tammy and the Blue Rose !

Best Thread Ever
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."