Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I'm fairly certain they send digital files to the printers (since lettering and colors are done digitally) and then use those digital files to create the ebook versions and not scan them back from the physical releases. So I highly doubt that's the reason.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    I'm fairly certain they send digital files to the printers (since lettering and colors are done digitally) and then use those digital files to create the ebook versions and not scan them back from the physical releases. So I highly doubt that's the reason.
    Right, I didn't mean scan them back. But wouldn't the digital files for printing be prepared at resolutions relative to the actual printing size of the book? So it would probably be more obvious by the file size of the two collections since a higher resolution should mean a larger file size, assuming no differences in compression. Again, it's a long shot, but it could be possible. Unfortunately it's practically meaningless unless you're reading the digital versions on a large monitor or TV as opposed to a tablet or phone.

Quote Originally Posted by kodave View Post
    Right, I didn't mean scan them back. But wouldn't the digital files for printing be prepared at resolutions relative to the actual printing size of the book? So it would probably be more obvious by the file size of the two collections since a higher resolution should mean a larger file size, assuming no differences in compression. Again, it's a long shot, but it could be possible. Unfortunately it's practically meaningless unless you're reading the digital versions on a large monitor or TV as opposed to a tablet or phone.
    you might be right, in an ideal world, but I really think they've just based the pricing on the original cover price and then reduced it with a percentage. Probably some intern or a bot doing it (both on DH's and comixology's end) who has no idea about different editions and the digital files being the same.

Actually tho, it might worth shooting an email or a tweet to DH and asking them.

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    you might be right, in an ideal world, but I really think they've just based the pricing on the original cover price and then reduced it with a percentage. Probably some intern or a bot doing it (both on DH's and comixology's end) who has no idea about different editions and the digital files being the same.

Actually tho, it might worth shooting an email or a tweet to DH and asking them.
    Good idea. I just sent DH an e-mail. Let's see if I get a response.