Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    Thanks (and to you too, SiegePerilous!!) for the clarification!!
    No prob!

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I also would have loves Psycho instead of Lord.
    I will never understand why the movie writers did not go for Psycho instead. Up until very recently, I was truly hoping in my heart of hearts that the whole Max Lord thing was a ruse, a subterfuge to cover what would be the film's last-act reveal: that "Max Lord" was simply Dr. Psycho in disguise. I know, I know, wishful thinking.
    Would also have preferred movie Max be Psycho. He doesn't really resemble either character, but at least Psycho is a WW character

I'm not a huge fan of Psycho on account of his being an explicit sexual predator. I'm kind of surprised he's stayed around this long.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    I'm not a huge fan of Psycho on account of his being an explicit sexual predator. I'm kind of surprised he's stayed around this long.
    That's why he's such a great villain, he's Wonder Woman's opposite in every way.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Now this is a much better list. Switch Red Panzer for Dr Cyber or Duke of Deception and it's pretty perfect. Bonus points for addressing the issue with Maxwell Lord.
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=oCzdgUoRByA
    I've never realized before how multinational Dr Poison is across all the versions and adaptations. Japanese, Russian, German, Spanish...What's she gonna be next I wonder?
    Easily the best Top 10 WW list on a mainstream website I've seen so far, even with the mind-boggling addition of Red Panzer. He wouldn't even scratch the top 50 list for me...

Dr. Poison being a white Russian woman in the New 52 was pretty reviled. Nevermind the horrible story she was in, but it was another case of bizarre whitewashing in an era where... that sort of **** shouldn't happen. I can somewhat forgive the film for making her German simply because it made sense for her to be (and they made her rad as hell with that mask), but the comics had no reason to do it and it was thankfully retconned away with Rebirth.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    That's why he's such a great villain, he's Wonder Woman's opposite in every way.
    I'd be interested to see who in general the WW fandom likes the most out of the WW villains. Obviously everyone has their favorites, but it does seem like certain characters are a bit divisive as WW villains (we've seen it recently in this forum with Queen Clea, Angle Man, and Ares, and now Dr. Psycho here). My guess would be Circe? Maybe Dr. Cyber?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Easily the best Top 10 WW list on a mainstream website I've seen so far, even with the mind-boggling addition of Red Panzer. He wouldn't even scratch the top 50 list for me...

Dr. Poison being a white Russian woman in the New 52 was pretty reviled. Nevermind the horrible story she was in, but it was another case of bizarre whitewashing in an era where... that sort of **** shouldn't happen. I can somewhat forgive the film for making her German simply because it made sense for her to be (and they made her rad as hell with that mask), but the comics had no reason to do it and it was thankfully retconned away with Rebirth.

I'd be interested to see who in general the WW fandom likes the most out of the WW villains. Obviously everyone has their favorites, but it does seem like certain characters are a bit divisive as WW villains (we've seen it recently in this forum with Queen Clea, Angle Man, and Ares, and now Dr. Psycho here). My guess would be Circe? Maybe Dr. Cyber?
    Well in that everyone seems to hate him; Jason, obviously.

Yeah, that's a weird pick. Though he shows up more often than one would expect, he still spends more time fighting characters who aren't Diana. Maybe he was included because he's one of the few WW villains who regularly appear outside of her title?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Well in that everyone seems to hate him; Jason, obviously.
    And he'd make a good villain too. Everyone despises him already, there's a lot of story potential in him being the bastard son of an alternate universe Hippolyta, that's never as good as Diana at anything, although he has more powers. The right writer could turn him into Wonder Woman's Loki but as it stands now no one wants to see him.

I think we as Wonder Woman fans tend to throw stuff away too easily.

And he'd make a good villain too. Everyone despises him already, there's a lot of story potential in him being the bastard son of an alternate universe Hippolyta, that's never as good as Diana at anything, although he has more powers. The right writer could turn him into Wonder Woman's Loki but as it stands now no one wants to see him.

I think we as Wonder Woman fans tend to throw stuff away too easily.
    Not everything is worth keeping. Besides, we're not the ones writing and editing the books.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Not everything is worth keeping. Besides, we're not the ones writing and editing the books.
    So are you're implying fan reaction, reviews and sales have no barring on editors and writers?

So are you're implying fan reaction, reviews and sales have no barring on editors and writers?
    If the editors and writers choose to exclude or keep something, there is nothing fans can do about it. DC has tossed away stuff that was far better received than Jason.

Besides, if the majority of fans hated Jason and DC decided to discard him maybe that says something of his worth. Or lack there of.

If the editors and writers choose to exclude or keep something, there is nothing fans can do about it. DC has tossed away stuff that was far better received than Jason.

Besides, if the majority of fans hated Jason and DC decided to discard him maybe that says something of his worth. Or lack there of.
    I was speaking of Jason as an example. As Nyssanne sated earlier he's hardly the only Wonder Woman concept that fans find problematic or are willing to abandon, take Wonder Woman's secret identity or vulnerability to gunfire for instance.

I was speaking of Jason as an example. As Nyssanne sated earlier he's hardly the only Wonder Woman concept that fans find problematic or are willing to abandon, take Wonder Woman's secret identity or vulnerability to gunfire for instance.
    Yeah, putting Jason in the same category as those concepts doesn't help your argument that he should get tossed into limbo and never spoken of again.

Also, here is what Nysanne actually said.

Jason is neither divisive nor a favorite. He's universally loathed.

Yeah, putting Jason in the same category as those concepts doesn't help your argument that he should get tossed into limbo and never spoken of again.

Also, here is what Nysanne actually said.

Jason is neither divisive nor a favorite. He's universally loathed.
    Villains are supposed to be. However we're willing to throw out this one because he's a tone deaf twin no one asked for, that one because he's a sexual predator and a bad representation of a little person, others because their costumes are too sexualized, another because they're perceived as a racist caricature and it goes on and on, where does it end? Do we jettison Circe for being campy, Cheetah for being a naked werecat, Ares for lack of interest, etc.