Default Sesshoumaru (Inu Yasha) VS Virgil (Devil May Cry series)

How do the brothers of the main characters do against each other?

If one is too fast, speed is equalized.

Winner gets to take over the role of the main character

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    How do the brothers of the main characters do against each other?

If one is too fast, speed is equalized.

Winner gets to take over the role of the main character
    Vergil is the faster of the two but with 100 feet between them, honestly, it comes down to a quick draw since they can both instantly kill the other with a single stroke of their swords.
    Ichigo: What even *are* you?!

Kenpachi: Some say my mother was a train. Some say that I'm a rejected Godzilla monster too strong for the series canon. But everyone says: I'M THE KEEEEENPACHIIIIII!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Len Ikari145 View Post
    Vergil is the faster of the two but with 100 feet between them, honestly, it comes down to a quick draw since they can both instantly kill the other with a single stroke of their swords.
    What does Sesshs' sword do?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

In addition to basically firing off a big ass AOE/beam, it effectively lolnopes any chance of regen. When he first got the sword, he blasted Naraku's body, which is notorious for being known to regen any lost part and prevented even untouched parts from being able to recover damage. It basically keeps attacking you even after the initial cut, akin to a virus.

He also has a healing sword that can't do any damage physically but can kill ethereal beings.

OTOH, Virgil's sword can literally cut through space and dimensions, so it's also pretty damn uber.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    In addition to basically firing off a big ass AOE/beam, it effectively lolnopes any chance of regen. When he first got the sword, he blasted Naraku's body, which is notorious for being known to regen any lost part and prevented even untouched parts from being able to recover damage. It basically keeps attacking you even after the initial cut, akin to a virus.

He also has a healing sword that can't do any damage physically but can kill ethereal beings.

OTOH, Virgil's sword can literally cut through space and dimensions, so it's also pretty damn uber.
    Well without speed equalized, Sessh doesn't have much other than being able to casually deflect musket bullets, while Vergil casually deflects modern day bullets fired by someone as fast as he so fast that you'd think they were from submachine guns, not handguns. As well as being involved in creating a 2 man bubble in the middle of a rainstorm just by them exchanging sword strikes at high-speed. Sessh will be blitzed into the ground.

Speed equalized seems like a quickdraw thing, how fast does Sesshs' sword attack move? Though I'd imagine Vergil's attack could cut through it, and keep Sessh off balance via sending ethereal blades at him.
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Spectacular Member

Speed equalized could very easily end up a double kill. Both of them can throw out a wide area attack that still has travel time, so it lasts even after they get hit.

Hmmn. I'm not sure if Vergil can actually pull out Judgement Cut End instantly, while Sessh can definitely do his giant poison attack just by waving his sword. Baku... something seemed to have a wider area of effect, so he might be able to pull out a harder-to-dodge attack when speed is equalized.

He's toast without speed equalization, though. Vergil gets up close and chops him up, the end, no giant energy waves needed.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Presumably, Vergil is capable of doing what Dante did with Yamato in DMC4. That's pretty massive range and destructive power just of a regular swing of the sword.

Bakusaiga in action. At one point, it basically one shots thousands of demons (grunts) with a single stroke. You do see some of the cheapness of the sword because it literally infected Naraku's body and continued spreading even after the initial attack.

Yeah, I can imagine Virgil being even better than Dante with the Yamato, since it's technically his sword.

Spectacular Member

Thing is, unless it somehow cancels out Bakusaiga, both attacks are going to hit, and both of them are going to die.

Weirdly, I don't think we ever see Vergil use a long ranged attack outside of gameplay. He's probably better with Yamato, but I can't recall seeing him do something other than get in close.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Presumably, Vergil is capable of doing what Dante did with Yamato in DMC4. That's pretty massive range and destructive power just of a regular swing of the sword.

We should just hire Dante to take down other problematic monuments. I feel like people would complain less about Christopher Columbus statues being taken down that way.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    We should just hire Dante to take down other problematic monuments. I feel like people would complain less about Christopher Columbus statues being taken down that way.
    Got more than a few up here in Canada that could do with being cut down as well. Our 'esteemed' Sir John A. MacDonald, for one.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

It'd be nice if he could cut the salary of these politicians who shut down businesses then go out and party it up in the middle of this pandemic.

if Vergil is motivated he can activate Xfactor
    “The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”
    -Stephen McCranie