Page 1 of 15 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst MCU movie

Default Worst MCU movie

Captain America 1, Thor 1 and Avengers 2 were all pretty boring movies compare to the others. Especially Avengers 2 is a big letdown. Spider 2 was also meh other than good performance by Jake Gyllenhaal.

My vote goes to Captain Marvel. Later half was utterly boring when truth was revealed, bad characterization on both sides and very weak villain.
    Last edited by Slowpokeking; 12-13-2020 at 06:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Captain America 1, Thor 1 and Avengers 2 were all pretty boring movies compare to the others. Especially Avengers 2 is a big letdown. Spider 2 was also meh other than good performance by Jake Gyllenhaal.

My vote goes to Captain Marvel. Later half was utterly boring when truth was revealed, bad characterization on both sides and very weak villain.
    Cap 1 was one of the best superhero movies (and not just MCU superheroes). None of the Thor movies were great but the first was the best one. Avengers 2 was bad. Captain Marvel was just fairly average despite all the negative and positive hype. Overall, I'd have to say Thor 2. I even found the Ant-Man movies entertaining. But Thor 2 was mostly blah with an utterly bland villain.

Based on success at the box office, the Incredible Hulk appears to be the least popular and, discounting Endgame and all Avengers movies, Black Panther seems the most popular.

I don't think IH was the worst. In fact, I rate it and most of the early Phase One stuff very high.
    Last edited by Powerboy; 12-13-2020 at 06:38 PM.
    Power with Girl is better.

Incredible Member

Have to agree with Captain Marvel being the worst. Not only was the story weak but the fight scenes were nothing spectacular either. The only positive was the chemistry between the actors on screen, their raport seemed natural. I think it also didn't get any favors being overly hyped because it was the movie before Endgame. Another aspect that didn't do it any favors was how good Wonder Woman was (particularly No man's land scene)and being the first female lead superhero movie after that I think left many people disappointed. Hey but it's in the history books because it is the highest grossing female lead superhero movie of all time.

I have zero desire to see Captain Marvel 2 and wouldn't be surprised if the BO for that is lower.

It’s Thor 2 The Dark World. That was garbage.

Captain Marvel was a charming, fun movie. It is far from the worst MCU movie.

Quote Originally Posted by ComicJunkie21 View Post
    Have to agree with Captain Marvel being the worst. Not only was the story weak but the fight scenes were nothing spectacular either. The only positive was the chemistry between the actors on screen, their raport seemed natural. I think it also didn't get any favors being overly hyped because it was the movie before Endgame. Another aspect that didn't do it any favors was how good Wonder Woman was (particularly No man's land scene)and being the first female lead superhero movie after that I think left many people disappointed. Hey but it's in the history books because it is the highest grossing female lead superhero movie of all time.

I have zero desire to see Captain Marvel 2 and wouldn't be surprised if the BO for that is lower.
    Jude Law was wasted, his character could have been more developed like MBJ's Killmonger.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    Jude Law was wasted, his character could have been more developed like MBJ's Killmonger.
    And that is unfortunately the story of Jude Law's career. Great actor but most of his movies are let downs because the directors don't know what to do with him.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Joker View Post
    It’s Thor 2 The Dark World. That was garbage.
    This is the only right answer. There are several weak Marvel movies, but only one that is legitimately terrible. The Dark World is awful. It's dull, full of plot holes, has easily the worst acting of any film Marvel has done, and may as well not even have a villain for how badly they wasted Malekith.

I'm surprised by the Captain Marvel hate. I thought it was fun and well put together, if largely safe and conventional.

But I am mystified at the First Avenger comments. It may not compare to Winter Soldier (still the best Marvel film, hands down), but it was a strong start for the franchise. One of my favorites.

Folks up in here slandering The First Avenger?

C712AEFC-1D60-41D5-BC74-5E926B4DAC80.jpg
    Last edited by Largo161; 12-13-2020 at 08:57 PM.
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I liked them all, but The Incredible Hulk is probably the one I liked the least.

Spider-Man: Far From Home. As much as LOVE spider-Man. This is one movie that I haven't seen since seeing it in theaters. Even with Jake Gyllenhaal's performance I can't watch it again. The only other MCU movie that could tie for worst is Spider-Man: Homecoming. Only reason why it isn't the worst is because of Michael Keaton.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    This is the only right answer. There are several weak Marvel movies, but only one that is legitimately terrible. The Dark World is awful. It's dull, full of plot holes, has easily the worst acting of any film Marvel has done, and may as well not even have a villain for how badly they wasted Malekith.

I'm surprised by the Captain Marvel hate. I thought it was fun and well put together, if largely safe and conventional.

But I am mystified at the First Avenger comments. It may not compare to Winter Soldier (still the best Marvel film, hands down), but it was a strong start for the franchise. One of my favorites.
    Thor 2 or Iron Man 2 are the least best to me.

I have to say Marvel has yet to make a true stinker but has only truley made 3-4 "great" films. Most are decent to good.

And the Captain Marvel hate shouldn't surprise anyone. It's the internet and the anti-women crowd is still active. And I am 90% sure most of the people that are still slogging it will say otherwise when called on it. But it shouldn't be a surprise.

The community here is pretty good, so the ones here probably have a real reason to think so.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 12-13-2020 at 09:28 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I would say "Iron Man 3." I hated the Mandarin twist, and not because I wanted to have the comic book Mandarin on screen. The reveal let the air out of the movie for me - the Mandarin had been built up to be a genuine global threat with an interesting personality and agenda, but the twist took that away and (the most important point here) did not replace it with something better. We already knew Killian was bad, so.... he was revealed to be the #1 instead of he #2? So now the Big Bad is a Tony Stark wannabe who just wants to make money? They also wasted Maya Hansen, and I don't need to see Tony Stark being MacGuyver, I want to see Iron Man. And I don't want to see his armors fall apart at the drop of a feather. And I don't like precocious children in movies. And they only paid lip service to Tony's PTSD, which could have been interesting, but mostly gave RDJ an excuse to act weird. And I am not a fan of movies where the hero treats the thing that makes them a hero something to be denied. (I'm looking at you, "The Wolverine") Tony was the one who told Bruce to embrace the thing that turned him into something different - to embrace it because it saved his life, yet Tony gets surgery, blows up his armory and says "I AM Iron Man?" Nobody bought that, and it meant nothing the second he put the suit back on, which we knew he would.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 12-13-2020 at 10:43 PM.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Thor 01- your standard origin movie
    Doctor Strange- see above and I dislike the Cumberbatch
    Captain Marvel- see Thor and girls have cooties

Gonna say either Incredible Hulk or Iron Man 2; found the first to be really bland and boring, and the latter is an incredibly sloppily constructed mess of a story. I think Increidble Hulk is the objectively better one, but Iron Man 2 has more charming performances to offset the bad parts, so remains more enjoyable to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroBG82 View Post
    Yeah, I don't really get that either; you do have your pockets of misogyny found elsewhere on the internet (the dark side of YouTube, for example), but I could never find a good explanation why it was so deserving of being torn apart by the haters. Frankly, I thought it was the best MCU effort of the Phase One-style, self contained origin stories. Really bummed that Maria is probably not going to be in any of the sequels going forward.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

TFA had one of my favorite scenes in a CBM when Steve jumps on the grenade.

For me its Thor 2 or Ironman 2. Doctor strange was beautiful to look at and I loved the creative ending. But I didn't love the movie. Strange was handled way better in Avengeds 3/4 and Ragnarok. They let him be his own character, They tried to make him too much like Tony in his film imo. I don't hate any of these but those 3 are the ones I enjoyed the least.