Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Worst MCU movie

How will the MCU Age? no clue but the MCU is 12 years old with 23 films released so far and going strong with no flat out Cluster F of a film while look at Superman 1978, Batman 1989, and Spider-Man 2002 3 of the best Superhero films of all time.

Yet by 1987 11 years after the 1st film the Superman series released just 4 films and the latter 2 float between not good and flat out terrible.

Batman 89 had Batman and Robin released within 8 years of it's debut.

Only 5 years after 2002 Spidey we got one of the best comic book films Spider-Man 2 but then ended on the mess of Spider-Man 3 that even Raimi says is bad.

The X-Men franchises 12 years in only had 5 films 2 of which were bad Last Stand and Origins but had rebound in 2011 with First Class.

How will they be remembered down the road? They'll probably have a good shelf life due to a generation of kids growing up on them but once that generation gets past their nostalgia phase in about 30 years who knows but as for now they're doing better than the rest of the Superhero franchises that came before even ones that gave up some of the most iconic films in the genre.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    How will the MCU Age? no clue but the MCU is 12 years old with 23 films released so far and going strong with no flat out Cluster F of a film while look at Superman 1978, Batman 1989, and Spider-Man 2002 3 of the best Superhero films of all time.

Yet by 1987 11 years after the 1st film the Superman series released just 4 films and the latter 2 float between not good and flat out terrible.

Only 5 years after 2002 Spidey we got one of the best comic book films Spider-Man 2 but then ended on the mess of Spider-Man 3 that even Raimi says is bad.

The X-Men franchises 12 years in only had 5 films 2 of which were bad Last Stand and Origins but had rebound in 2011 with First Class.

How will they be remembered down the road? They'll probably have a good shelf life due to a generation of kids growing up on them but once that generation gets past their nostalgia phase in about 30 years who knows but as for now they're doing better than the rest of the Superhero franchises that came before even ones that gave up some of the most iconic films in the genre.
    Most and if not all mass manufactured dumbed down cooperate made movies age and are tossed aside after they are out of cinemas. See it more as quick meals, its not an MCU thing, its a Hollywood and cinema thing. this is why Hollywood stressed itself alot on this 400m dollar budget movies.

I did raise a question that it is impossible to name the worst mcu movie from 2014-2020 because they are all the same. these type of movies are usually at the bottom of memorable list in the future, I mean how can you even choose when they are all the same.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-03-2021 at 03:43 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Most and if not all mass manufactured dumbed down cooperate made movies age and are tossed aside after they are out of cinemas. See it more as quick meals, its not an MCU thing, its a Hollywood and cinema thing.
    Oddly enough, Disney MCU movies are as much as...what...8 years old? How many of them are not fondly remembered, or regarded as dumbed down?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    Oddly enough, Disney MCU movies are as much as...what...8 years old? How many of them are not fondly remembered, or regarded as dumbed down?
    Most from this thread, one of the core factors of posters saying GOTG, Iron Man 3 , Ant man or Thor Ragnarok are the worst mcu movies is because you get the sense this movies were dumbed down vs the source material. I am stoked they can choose, it reflects why I said Iron Man 1 was the best mcu movie.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-03-2021 at 03:34 PM.

Except "most" aren't saying that. You are saying that.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post

An interesting point is that Superman the Movie has reached a point where a new generation considers it dated even though many parts of it (NOT the Lex Luther parts) were considered a leap in realism. Some of it is the special effects showing signs of being dated but a lot is just that the culture has changed so much that parts feel silly that were not considered silly at all then.

The Tim Burton Batman was meant to be dark but actually seemed campy the last time I saw it because our definition of dark has changed.

There is no doubt that, given a couple of decades, there will be things that seem outdated in the MCU movies. I'd say the same could be true for the DCEU. If we move away from this paranoid, racist culture we're in right now, the very premise of MoS, the paranoid fear of "other", may be incomprehensible to a new generation. At least that would be a good reason for it.
    Power with Girl is better.

Most from this thread, one of the core factors of posters saying GOTG, Iron Man 3 , Ant man or Thor Ragnarok are the worst mcu movies is because you get the sense this movies were dumbed down vs the source material. I am stoked they can choose, it reflects why I said Iron Man 1 was the best mcu movie.
    Yes but they are pointing out ones they think are the worst ones. You are reading into it a statement that they think all of them are bad.
    Power with Girl is better.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Except "most" aren't saying that. You are saying that.
    eh no I am not.

I read this whole thread, before I cared to comment, Ragnarok , iron man 3, gotg in particular, those who have said this movies are the worst seem to have been turned off by the disney-light comedy and aloof style of the movies, others cannot just take what they did to the villain of Iron Man 3, which was dumbed down writing from MCU. Why take a dangerous villain of that nature and make him into a gotcha jokes on you moment then derail your film with RDJ being RDJ? this is the one i understood most as the worst although you can also make the case for Thor in Endgame. which is why I can not choose for sure. they all have the same problems for ''worst'' unlike maybe Superman 2 and Superman 4 or Spiderman 2 and Amazing Spiderman 2 that Jokerz79 brought up.
    Last edited by Castle; 01-03-2021 at 03:45 PM.

BANNED

I would actually agree with you that Ragnarok is dumbed down. It took a "final solution" type of plot and reduced it to "Top Secret" storytelling. None of your other examples qualify. Further, the general audience defies your (our) characterization of Ragnarok.

eh no I am not.

I read this whole thread, before I cared to comment, Ragnarok , iron man 3, gotg in particular, those who have said this movies are the worst seem to have been turned off by the disney-light comedy and aloof style of the movies, others cannot just take what they did to the villain of Iron Man 3, which was dumbed down writing from MCU. Why take a dangerous villain of that nature and make him into a gotcha jokes on you moment then derail your film with RDJ being RDJ? this is the one i understood most as the worst although you can also make the case for Thor in Endgame. which is why I can not choose for sure. they all have the same problems for ''worst'' unlike maybe Superman 2 and Superman 4 or Spiderman 2 and Amazing Spiderman 2 that Jokerz79 brought up.
    Yeah, you are wrong, Thor 2 alot, IM 3 a lot, almost no one says Antman or GOTG. Did some not like them or Ragnorok, sure, but most, not even close.

Please proceed.

There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Most and if not all mass manufactured dumbed down cooperate made movies age and are tossed aside after they are out of cinemas. See it more as quick meals, its not an MCU thing, its a Hollywood and cinema thing. this is why Hollywood stressed itself alot on this 400m dollar budget movies.

I did raise a question that it is impossible to name the worst mcu movie from 2014-2020 because they are all the same. these type of movies are usually at the bottom of memorable list in the future, I mean how can you even choose when they are all the same.
    2014 to 2020 worst? IMO Captain Marvel and I enjoyed it but I would rank it worst. Also if you think Winter Soldier (2014) and Thor Ragnarok (2017) are the same I have no words for you. I love both but both are vastly different films.

X-Men Origins at Fox and Spider-Man 3 all had corporate mandates as did Batman and Robin and films in the DCEU so let's not act like only the MCU are manufactured corporate films they all are in the Superhero genre.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 01-03-2021 at 04:52 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    An interesting point is that Superman the Movie has reached a point where a new generation considers it dated even though many parts of it (NOT the Lex Luther parts) were considered a leap in realism. Some of it is the special effects showing signs of being dated but a lot is just that the culture has changed so much that parts feel silly that were not considered silly at all then.

The Tim Burton Batman was meant to be dark but actually seemed campy the last time I saw it because our definition of dark has changed.
    Agreed.

There is no doubt that, given a couple of decades, there will be things that seem outdated in the MCU movies. I'd say the same could be true for the DCEU.
    Agreed, again.

If we move away from this paranoid, racist culture we're in right now, the very premise of MoS, the paranoid fear of "other", may be incomprehensible to a new generation. At least that would be a good reason for it.
    Here I don't. Those themes keep on coming back, history keeps on repeating. Erasing racism is like ending terrorism, you can't wage war on an abstract concept and expect to win. Hopefully the world will improve, but what Snyder did get right was how those themes are relevant in the real world. Paranoia and racism have only been emboldened the last few years and it's not like things were happy in the US during 2000-2008. Every generations goes through those trials.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Here I don't. Those themes keep on coming back, history keeps on repeating. Erasing racism is like ending terrorism, you can't wage war on an abstract concept and expect to win,
    I dunno, we've erased abstract prejudices like witchcraft, we're close to erasing theism, at least I hope so. Granted it won't happen in our children's time, but hopefully in our grandchildren's,

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by green_garnish View Post
    I dunno, we've erased abstract prejudices like witchcraft, we're close to erasing theism, at least I hope so. Granted it won't happen in our children's time, but hopefully in our grandchildren's,
    There have been politicians who have campaigned on that in our lifetimes, and there's the Harry Potter reaction. Racism is much, much harder to get rid of. These are abstract concepts which have plagued humanity for millennia, they won't be solved in a few generations. That problem is too big.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yeah, you are wrong, Thor 2 alot, IM 3 a lot, almost no one says Antman or GOTG. Did some not like them or Ragnorok, sure, but most, not even close.

Please proceed.

Lol people see what they want to see I guess.