Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X-men Monday 87

This was my fave one by far. Not a lot of info but i enjoyed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I'm curious about what Vita Ayala is up to with Leah Williams.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

I'm loving the selection of characters in this top image, and it is always a joy to see Dust. And is that Petra joining the secondary squad, because I could get used to that as well as having Warpath on the main team!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    I'm curious about what Vita Ayala is up to with Leah Williams.
    New xmen academy x book ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    New xmen academy x book ?
    Or finding a way to bring Warpath's big bro home, maybe. X-Factor is the resurrection book...

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Glad they remembered Anole has the spikey arm.

Really curious for Rainboy, as we never saw him using his powers. Not hyped about Sprite though.

Still no Magma on the New Mutants seems a bit off though.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I "heart" you too Rahne.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member Lady Midnight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Or finding a way to bring Warpath's big bro home, maybe. X-Factor is the resurrection book...
    As an X-Man this should have already happened.
    My flag is bacon.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Unless Thunderbird was some sort of Sinister creation, not exactly how to theorize it, but 'mutant' Sinister having use Thunderbird DNA and there being no Thunderbird cannot just be coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Midnight View Post
    Didn't Thunderbird die before Xavier started making backup copies?

Extraordinary Member

I think the art in the scene made it seem like it occurred later in the history than it did, but I don't recall if any given information helped placing it before or after his death.

Astonishing Member

According to the retcon history of HoX/PoX Xavier has more or less begann making copies ever since he had Cerebro. Which is also why Petra and Sway are alive again (they died before Thudnerbird was even recruited).

So there is nothing theoreticaly stopping him from being replicated and printed out like everyone else. Suggesting it's a plot point down the line and as others have theorized it might be tied to Sinister hijacking his X-gene at the moment.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    According to the retcon history of HoX/PoX Xavier has more or less begann making copies ever since he had Cerebro. Which is also why Petra and Sway are alive again (they died before Thudnerbird was even recruited).

So there is nothing theoreticaly stopping him from being replicated and printed out like everyone else. Suggesting it's a plot point down the line and as others have theorized it might be tied to Sinister hijacking his X-gene at the moment.
    On a X-men Monday Jordan White answered that Thunderbird died before Cerebro doing back ups

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    On a X-men Monday Jordan White answered that Thunderbird died before Cerebro doing back ups
    Which clearly contradicts the very presence of Petra and Sway on Krakoa. With both even having speaking appearances in story, so it's not just an artists mistake with a group shot.
    Both died days if not weeks before Thunderbird joined the X-men, yet they are there in the present day replicated and brought back, indicating that Xavier did infact make cerebro copies of them.

So what White said seems to go contray to what we actualy see on pannel with other characters, which could have different reasons:
    1. He lies on purpose to hide a reveal down the line (not the first time, since lying in interviews has a long history to fool the audience).
    2. He has false informations.
    3. He misunderstood something a writer told him.
    4. He confuses the character with another one.
    5. He wasn't prepared for the question and gave a quick answer to not have to actualy admit not knowing.
    6. Some other reason.

It's also important to remember that while interview informations can give insights in how things are created, meant to be read, or give official interpretation of events in story, they are not canon until they actualy make it into the comics. So even if what he said was the canon at the time it might very well turn out false later when the story shifts through writing.