Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where's Alfred?

Default Where's Alfred?

Earlier this year we had

BATMAN PENNYWORTH RIP #1
    DEC190410
    (W) James Tynion IV, Peter J. Tomasi
    (A) Eddy Barrows, Eber Ferreira, Others (CA) Lee Weeks

Alfred Pennyworth served the Wayne family for decades-even through the tragic loss of Bruce Wayne's parents. His death at the hands of Bane is the only event that could possibly compare to that fateful night in Crime Alley, and it leaves Bruce at a similar crossroads. If Alfred was the glue that held the Bat-Family together, how will Batman deal with that all falling apart? And if the Caped Crusader is to be truly alone, he might either hang that cape up once and for all...or double down and carry on with this vengeful quest forever. Batman: Pennyworth R.I.P. #1 celebrates the life of one of the most important people in the history of Gotham City, while also addressing questions about what's next.
    In Shops: Feb 12, 2020
    (U.S.) SRP: $4.99
    https://www.previewsworld.com/Catalog/DEC190410

Now, I haven't been reading mush in the Bat-books recently, but is Alfred really going to stay dead for the foreseeable future, or will we maybe get something like a return of . . . The Outsider?

Have there been any hints that maybe he's possibly not really still dead?
    (Yes, that may sound a tad convoluted, but considering what's happened with Damian, with Jason, . . . etc., etc. . . . )

Nah he’s dead still. Probably will be for a while since part of Tynion’s run has been Bruce dealing with what happens when the stuff he takes for granted (his wealth, his tech, his company, Alfred) all get taken from him.

He’s where he belongs...

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    He’s where he belongs...
    And what's THAT suppose to mean??

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    And what's THAT suppose to mean??

that these characters shouldnt be immortal
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Such a worthless death looking back on it. Just no emotion and feels so unnecessary, but at the same time I don't really care if he comes back. I'm just so jaded and apathetic now when it comes to these things I guess.

He's dead and I'm kinda glad he's dead
    His death opens up his role to be filled by another bat character that has nothing to do

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I am willing to put money on him being resurrected right before the Pattison Batman movie release.

Andy Serkis as Alfred is pretty huge so they're not gonna want to miss out on that ATT synergy

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
    He's dead and I'm kinda glad he's dead
    His death opens up his role to be filled by another bat character that has nothing to do
    Ok, I'll bite. The supporting cast works better for me, if they don't wear a costume and its totally alright if they aren't in their Twenties or Thirties.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I love Alfred as a character and I didn't realize how much I missed his presence till Tynion's run started, that being said, it is nice seeig Bruce have to come up with new partners and relying on his own witts more when it comes to tough decisions.

I think Tynion might bring him back by the end of his run.

Alfred is in a special happy place where butlers don't have to make cucumber sandwiches.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    Ok, I'll bite. The supporting cast works better for me, if they don't wear a costume and its totally alright if they aren't in their Twenties or Thirties.
    I'm cool with more civilians supporting cast of varying ages - and very much want the other adult Bats out of Bruce's shadow (and probably out of Gotham for most) - but I don't like the type of role Alfred has frequently filled for a while now (and what I see as an unhealthy dynamic with him and Bruce). But that's more a problem/symptom of Bruce's characterization, really, and I don't actually think Alfred being gone will make the "disease" any better and it's likely a new symptom will replace the old one.

Characters no matter how minor do not stay dead. I mean Hell they brought back Betty Bryants brother after what 40 years to be the Crime Master.

So someone like Alfred who is so tied to Batman is not down for the count. Even more so with a movie coming out. his death was a cheap trick that everyone knows wont last. Comic book deaths are so dumb. They are done by writers for shock value who are too lazy to write something good.

I love Frank Miller but the whole death of Elektra thing. I was like who cares. A character that was in like two issues, given a back story for a life with matt that was never even hinted at before and was there just to kill. I am shocked people made such a big thing over it.
    Last edited by babyblob; 12-16-2020 at 07:48 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Alfred has died before. He'll be back.