Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Default How long do you think before X-Men join the MCU?

The MCU have given updates and recent announcements of their movies and shows, including the Fantastic Four.

No X-Men announcements though. Not even Deadpool.

How many years until you think the MCU will be ready for them?

BANNED

I hope it takes as many years as possible, and I hope it's not allowed to consume every version of the x-men like it did with GoTG

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The MCU have given updates and recent announcements of their movies and shows, including the Fantastic Four.

2-3 maybe.
    There’s a lot of moving parts to consider. Hopefully sooner rather than later though, esp. if, as pointed out above, the movies will affect the comics, ala GoTG. It’ll be nice to have that positive influence.

Depends on if there are any supporting characters in Deadpool 3. It’s not outside the realm of possibility that that one could come in 2022, so if Cable or Domino show up again then we could see some X-men characters in two years. But most likely it’s 2023 at soonest for most of the mutants.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    2-3 maybe.
    There’s a lot of moving parts to consider. Hopefully sooner rather than later though, esp. if, as pointed out above, the movies will affect the comics, ala GoTG. It’ll be nice to have that positive influence.
    what positive influence has the mcu ever given the books?
    the mcu is a pale, shallow and simplistic immitation of the source material, and the last thing the x-men need is whatever stark/infinity stone origin the mcu will create for the mutants
    Last edited by Ferro; 12-14-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I must say I was incredibly jealous of the recent deluge of Marvel movie/TV news which didn't even have a hint of our merry mutants. I mean, as a Marvel fan I'm looking forward to most of their upcoming productions, but as an X-fan first and foremost I'm just dying to get even the smallest bit of news about them.

At this stage I'd say they're 4/5 years away at the very least. As much as I'd love to believe otherwise, I don't think we'll be getting any cameos or anything like the rumoured/wished for Rogue in Captain Marvel 2 or Storm in Black Panther 2.

The X-Men franchise will stay dormant over the next few years and then it will likely be the next big thing Marvel focuses on... but it will be a while before we get there.

Imho it can't get here soon enough. I'm gonna miss seeing the mutants on the big screen or little screen.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

BANNED

I hope people get tired of the mcu by then

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    I hope it takes as many years as possible, and I hope it's not allowed to consume every version of the x-men like it did with GoTG
    GoTG weren't much of a franchise prior to the movies. I can't speak to their origins because I don't follow the books but I definitely picked up the Annihilation Wave series due to the movie. The X-Men are probably Marvel's most or 2nd most popular franchise now that the Avengers are so popular so I doubt the movies will have much if any affect on the comics.

what positive influence has the mcu ever given the books?
    the mcu is a pale, shallow and simplistic immitation of the source material, and the last thing the x-men need is whatever stark/infinity stone origin the mcu will create for the mutants
    I don't think it's really fair to compare the movies to the comics. They are two separate mediums of entertainment. The comics have had multiple decades to tell their stories and comics are only limited by imagination. The movies have been around for only 12ish years (MCU only, obviously it's longer if we count Blade/X-Men) and are limited to budget, not matter how massive, and time constraints. You've got 2-3 hours to tell your story in a movie max, comics can stretch out for months. As for positive influence on the comics I think there has been very little influence from movie to comics in general outside of maybe costume changes, and to be honest Iron Man looks way better in his modern armor than he ever did in his classic apparel, same with Cap and the wings going on the side of the helmet vs sticking up. I will mention there has been some just awful retcons/changes we could blame on the movies, the first being Wanda and Pietro not being mutants or Magneto's kids, the pinnacle of the CompleX imho, and to a lesser degree Nick Fury Jr being a thing. As for the creation of mutants, you raise a good point as I agree that the infinity stones seem very likely to play a role in their creation but we won't know for sure until they show up on screen. Honestly I hope they go the route the Ultimate Universe took and mutants are created by governments as a way to try to replicate the super soldier formula or the classic natural evolution route. I think both of these are better options than the stones being part of it but I'll take what I can get.

I hope people get tired of the mcu by then
    Honest question, would you rather there be no MCU at all and these characters strictly be in the comics?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Obviously the answer is after this phase/slate of movies. 2021 and 2022 has four movies bunch of them represent the maybe possible end of their franchise like Antman and GotG. 2023 has one movie listed in GotG and lets pretend that Blade and FF, Deadpool will be what fills in the other 3 slots. Then soonest we can see an X-men movie is 2024.

My personal feeling, not until they do a full reboot of the movies. Recast Cap, Iron Man, etc. Because they will want to do Avengers V X-Men for a final chapter.

I'm thinking 2027 or 2028.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Maybe Disney+ will be earlier than the movies?

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    I don't think they do a X-men show with a movie first but as fan I would love for them to do Original 5/X-men first class as show. So we never have see that group in a movie and the core concepts of X-men stay in tact. I can't wait for MCU to getting their hands on X-men properties because a New Mutants with stranger things like feel and X-factor investigations show are easy money spin offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    That’s what I’m hoping. I could see a Weapon X series that shows how everything is connected (Weapon Plus) from Project Rebirth and the Super Solider serum which created the Isaiah Bradley (Weapon 0) and Steve Rogers (Weapon I) Captain Americas to Nuke, Luke Cage, Deadpool and eventually X-23 and Fantomex... with lots of stuff in between. Including how the sprawling military industrial complex of the Marvel U, which has its origins in WWII and continued as an Allied conspiracy beyond the war, even played a role in the creation of the Hulk and Spider-man. And, of course, with lots of good Cold War era Team X stuff, including the Soviet Super Soldier Program which gave us the Red Room (Black Widows), Red Guardian and Omega Red.

Essentially this is a series that fits “between the cracks” of what we know about the MCU to date, and once mutants are established it would be the perfect way to set up Wolverine and Weapon X and show how it’s all connected. And how these clandestine allied military experiments and programs evolved over time and became private corporate ventures (maybe even have Sinister and Essex Corp be involved with Weapon Plus in the modern era?). Could be really, really cool if done right. Would definitely be my favorite Dis+ show.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Before the pandemic, there was no way they were going to take the X-men to Disney+, only an animated show or at most a series like Agents of SHIELD. But now, no one can say for sure- and I suspect part of the reason nothing was announced yet was that they don't know how much of the X-men they're going to take there.