Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I could see it taking a few years. X-men is a Gordian Knot to untangle so I rather they take their time.

While I'm sure some of them will pop here and there, as references or even actual cameos/supporting roles, my rough estimate pre-pandemic was 2024, but more realistically 2026 or 2027. I think unless Feigi is thinking of using the multiverse cheat like what appears to be happening with Spidey's Sinister Six, it will be a long wait.

Personally, I'm stillñ waiting on a cartoon. I want that first.

I think we’ll get some cameos sooner than later. And, as mentioned, Deadpool 3 is in development. It will likely be mostly self-contained due to its R-rating, but they will definitely have some fun with him now being in the MCU and I’m sure we’ll get at least a couple of supporting characters back, namely Zazie Beetz as Domino and Josh Brolin as Cable who are rumored to be returning.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Like I've said before, if the writers don't have Cable be confused for Thanos, they don't deserve a WGA card.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Sometime between 2023 and 2025.

Marvel Studios might want to free up some space in their slate first before bringing them in while they figure how to tie them into whatever new saga they've got planned.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    2-3 maybe.
    There’s a lot of moving parts to consider. Hopefully sooner rather than later though, esp. if, as pointed out above, the movies will affect the comics, ala GoTG. It’ll be nice to have that positive influence.
    The movie will use Hickman’s take almost certainly. It’s not a case they’ve gone for something new and different just now. It’s also easy to see this from the fact that all the new announcements are inspired by the modern runs that happened in the Alonso era: Sam as Cap has been already setup when Steve gave him the shield, Jane as Thor, the King-inspired Vision series, Iron Heart, Kate Bishop as Hawkeye, Ms Marvel etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Before the pandemic, there was no way they were going to take the X-men to Disney+, only an animated show or at most a series like Agents of SHIELD. But now, no one can say for sure- and I suspect part of the reason nothing was announced yet was that they don't know how much of the X-men they're going to take there.
    I think youÂ’re right because the box office is going to be down for 2021 as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    The movie will use Hickman’s take almost certainly. It’s not a case they’ve gone for something new and different just now. It’s also easy to see this from the fact that all the new announcements are inspired by the modern runs that happened in the Alonso era: Sam as Cap has been already setup when Steve gave him the shield, Jane as Thor, the King-inspired Vision series, Iron Heart, Kate Bishop as Hawkeye, Ms Marvel etc.
    The X-Men as just a mutant superhero team would be poor man’s Avengers and the school/Fox X-Men versions horribly failed in the last two X-Men movies and New Mutants movie. So Hickman was hired to completely reboot the concept of the comics, which will certainly be used in the movies. It’s why Hickman boosted the cosmic and magical aspects of the X-Men, as these are big parts of MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    Like I've said before, if the writers don't have Cable be confused for Thanos, they don't deserve a WGA card.
    Oh, that’s a given. Must happen. Brolin is lobbying to come back as Cable, Disney has a great relationship with him and it’s been rumored. So I’d give it a high probability. DP3 might end up being more of an X-Force film than a DP solo one actually, as I could see them rolling some of the base ideas for the X-Force flick they had in development into this film. Namely Sinister as the villain. Could be cool to get some hints about his connection to Cable’s origin, without going fully into it since it’s so complicated. But also using Sinister and Essex Corp as the big bad would be awesome because he could supply an endless army of Marauder clones for the Cable, Deadpool and Domino to execute. Ha.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    The X-Men as just a mutant superhero team would be poor man’s Avengers and the school/Fox X-Men versions horribly failed in the last two X-Men movies and New Mutants movie. So Hickman was hired to completely reboot the concept of the comics, which will certainly be used in the movies. It’s why Hickman boosted the cosmic and magical aspects of the X-Men, as these are big parts of MCU.
    Couldn’t agree more. We’ll see Krakoa and the Hix-men era in the MCU. That’s what he was brought in to do. The comics are now basically just a writers lab for the movies and Disney+ shows.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Hopefully before I turn 40, I just turned 30 a few months ago so fingers crossed!

I understand the movies taking so long to come, specially after Covid, but I was so disappointed with the amount of series and characters less interesting then the X-Men getting shows and movies. I mean, I think when X-Men come, the MCU will be declining due to the saturation of the genre.

I was hoping for at least a new cartoon to be announced...but not even this.
    A picture would last longer darling...

I have no idea what Feige will do, but what I want to see is mutants introduced as a problem way before we get the X-men proper.

Let the audience understand why they're hated and feared, and the existential threat they pose to humanity. The Fox X-verse approached mutant-ism as a weak metaphor for the LGBT experience but didn't dig a whole lot into it, apart from maybe Logan.

Have Destiny, Rogue and the lesser-known Brotherhood break **** and fight the Avengers. Have weirdos like Exodus preach mutant separatism/superiority. Have less powerful but off looking mutants show up. Show the culture of fear this new evolution of humanity has produced and why the X-men (and Magneto) need to exist.

If I was Feige, I'd build this all up in the background of the movies and Disney+ shows over 2-3 years, then nuke millions of mutants on Genosha and have the X-men and Magneto appear as two polarised responses to it.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Oh, I'm pretty sure Krakoa is taking Genosha's place as the mutant nation, because it's visually much, much cooler, and a way to immediately set the MCU X-men from the Fox ones- and they'll really be very eager for that to avoid association with the flop of Dark Phoenix and with Brian Singer.

Phase 5 could be mutant themed with each film dealing with a separate x-men villian.

Thor versus Apocalypse, Sam and Bucky investigates Weapon X, Black Widow infiltrates the friends of humanity etc.

It allows for faster worldbuilding and a shortcut to reestablishing the X-verse.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    GoTG weren't much of a franchise prior to the movies. I can't speak to their origins because I don't follow the books but I definitely picked up the Annihilation Wave series due to the movie. The X-Men are probably Marvel's most or 2nd most popular franchise now that the Avengers are so popular so I doubt the movies will have much if any affect on the comics.

I don't think it's really fair to compare the movies to the comics. They are two separate mediums of entertainment. The comics have had multiple decades to tell their stories and comics are only limited by imagination. The movies have been around for only 12ish years (MCU only, obviously it's longer if we count Blade/X-Men) and are limited to budget, not matter how massive, and time constraints. You've got 2-3 hours to tell your story in a movie max, comics can stretch out for months. As for positive influence on the comics I think there has been very little influence from movie to comics in general outside of maybe costume changes, and to be honest Iron Man looks way better in his modern armor than he ever did in his classic apparel, same with Cap and the wings going on the side of the helmet vs sticking up. I will mention there has been some just awful retcons/changes we could blame on the movies, the first being Wanda and Pietro not being mutants or Magneto's kids, the pinnacle of the CompleX imho, and to a lesser degree Nick Fury Jr being a thing. As for the creation of mutants, you raise a good point as I agree that the infinity stones seem very likely to play a role in their creation but we won't know for sure until they show up on screen. Honestly I hope they go the route the Ultimate Universe took and mutants are created by governments as a way to try to replicate the super soldier formula or the classic natural evolution route. I think both of these are better options than the stones being part of it but I'll take what I can get.

Honest question, would you rather there be no MCU at all and these characters strictly be in the comics?
    The mcu could be defunct or canceled tomorrow and I wouldn't take more than 5 seconds of my day to mourn it, maybe id be sad about cartoons and games, but OH wait!!

Every recent marvel cartoon has been an uninspired attempt to milk the mcu and sell toys, and the most recent marvel game without the saving grace and cleasing hand of sony lost 99 % of its playerbase a month after and barely sold 3 million copies across 3 platforms.
    And i don't have any nostalgia towards the 90's animated series, soooo...