Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I want to wait 7 years. 7 is a good number.

I prefer TV shows with the MCU budgets. I think that would be better in the long run. Introduce small groups of characters or solo characters. Gradually build the MCU era mythology. I really would advise to hold off on introducing "everybody" in a movie and trying to shoehorn in 10 new characters in each movie. We've seen the mixed results with certain films. I personally didn't hate certain films but I did see where they could be better.

I don't see the 05 as being guaranteed to be involved right away. Probably Cyclops and Jean to uplift the (cliche) of the X-Men's favorite couple. The other three, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I want to wait 7 years. 7 is a good number.

I prefer TV shows with the MCU budgets. I think that would be better in the long run. Introduce small groups of characters or solo characters. Gradually build the MCU era mythology. I really would advise to hold off on introducing "everybody" in a movie and trying to shoehorn in 10 new characters in each movie. We've seen the mixed results with certain films. I personally didn't hate certain films but I did see where they could be better.

I don't see the 05 as being guaranteed to be involved right away. Probably Cyclops and Jean to uplift the (cliche) of the X-Men's favorite couple. The other three, not so much.
    Agreed, I said Fantastic Four would have been awesome as a TV show with a high budget. They have so many compelling storylines over the years, that a TV show would do them better.
    I think restorative nostalgia is the number one issue with comic book fans.
    A fine distinction between two types of Nostalgia:

Reflective Nostalgia allows us to savor our memories but accepts that they are in the past
    Restorative Nostalgia pushes back against the here and now, keeping us stuck trying to relive our glory days.

Astonishing Member ohsnapulon5000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Depends on if there are any supporting characters in Deadpool 3. It’s not outside the realm of possibility that that one could come in 2022, so if Cable or Domino show up again then we could see some X-men characters in two years. But most likely it’s 2023 at soonest for most of the mutants.
    Deadpool 3 should have Dazzler in it. The two have shared so much media at this point, they’re perfect cartoonish foils for one another.

Pre-pandemic I was thinking 2024 but now given the amount of things that have been delayed/rearranged and new things added, I'm thinking 2026.

Will there still be this hype in a superhero movie?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    Will there still be this hype in a superhero movie?
    Possibly. As long as fanboys and fangirls aren’t only hyped to see the X-Men interact a lot with the other MCU characters. And keep their expectations down for interaction down.

Because by then, even the second wave of MCU actors will be phasing out like Cumberbatch, Brie and even Holland. (Chadwick’s already gone. So at least BP/Storm marriage expectations have died off).

Possibly even Elizabeth Olsen as well.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    The mcu could be defunct or canceled tomorrow and I wouldn't take more than 5 seconds of my day to mourn it, maybe id be sad about cartoons and games, but OH wait!!

Every recent marvel cartoon has been an uninspired attempt to milk the mcu and sell toys, and the most recent marvel game without the saving grace and cleasing hand of sony lost 99 % of its playerbase a month after and barely sold 3 million copies across 3 platforms.
    And i don't have any nostalgia towards the 90's animated series, soooo...
    So according to you the MCU is a blight upon the sanctity of superhero comics despite its critical and commercial success. Got it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    So according to you the MCU is a blight upon the sanctity of superhero comics despite its critical and commercial success. Got it.
    Mcdonnalds food is the most consumed around the world, food lovers would still not care if imploded

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Is this the main thread to discuss the X-Men in the MCU? I tried running a search but this was the only one I could find with somewhat recent discussion.

I just wanted to post a recent interview with Kevin Feige where he gives a (very) tiny update on the future of the X-franchise:

Screen Rant: At Disney Investor Day, you announced that Fantastic Four is happening. When will we see the X-Men?

Kevin Feige: You know how much I love the X-Men. I already said that's where I started. I can't tell you anything before we actually announced it, but rest assured, the discussions have been long and ongoing internally.
    From Screenrant

At this point I'm so hungry for any kind of news about the X-Men in the Marvel Cinematic Universe that even a short quote from Feige will help But it's definitely cool to see reconfirmed that the big boss himself is a big fan and that plans are cooking.

He also confirmed that Deadpool 3 will be both R-rated and set in the MCU. Whoo!!! Now bring back Cable and Domino for that bad boy and let's make it more of an X-Force junt.

BANNED

the end is nigh

Ultimate Member

They could have the X-men start after the first class has gone their separate ways, then with the alien attack from the avengers movie and such Xavier would put together a new team, with mutants at first being mistaken for being like Black Bolt and and Crystal and such, hence bring in Logan and Storm and others...just then being able to say that Deadpool and Logan are their own universe and such and the old movies are their own thing tied into the Logan movie and go from there, allowing Captain America being Steve to have met Logan years earlier and all of that...

I would have loved for Agents of Shield to meet mutants and think that they were Inhumans before being corrected, or else something big comes up and the President is told about someone that can help, and that man's name is Charles Xavier...
    Last edited by LoganAlpha30X33; 01-12-2021 at 08:13 PM.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

There's a lot of speculating that WandaVision will establish Wanda and Pietro as being mutants whose powers were "unlocked" by Struckers experiments/torture. Well see in a few weeks, but if so expect some re-re-re-retconning in the comics too.

BANNED

To me, "unlocked" makes 100% sense!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    No X-Men announcements though. Not even Deadpool.
    IMO no excuse for Deadpool given that the character is a super-human NOT and never was a member of the Mutant race.
    Although the character can be described to be an X-Man (Human with Ex-tra power).