Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Default Batman Urban Legends

Looks like a new Bat related anthology hitting in March with the first issue featuring Red Hood & Batman, Grifter, Outsiders and a Harley & Ivy story.
    http://https://www.gamesradar.com/ba...hing-in-march/

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Looks like a new Bat related anthology hitting in March with the first issue featuring Red Hood & Batman, Grifter, Outsiders and a Harley & Ivy story.
    http://https://www.gamesradar.com/ba...hing-in-march/
    Chip writing Batman and Red Hood.
    A new anthology made of "minis" written by some writers I enjoy.
    I'm sooo looking forward to it.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 12-14-2020 at 01:45 PM.

Astonishing Member

Good idea for a title, will definately pick it up.

Not a fan of anthologies
    Usually a 3rd of the book is unreadable anytime its focused on too many characters

An anthology sounds cool. Not sure how it'll sell or how long it'll continue, but it should offer a good variety of stories .

I'm guessing the Harley/Ivy story will go into Ivy's role or lack there of in Harley's new solo book...

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    An anthology sounds cool. Not sure how it'll sell or how long it'll continue, but it should offer a good variety of stories .

I'm guessing the Harley/Ivy story will go into Ivy's role or lack there of in Harley's new solo book...
    That is how it sounds.

I'm not really excited. Zdarsky is good, but the other creative teams don't interest me. I guess a proper Gotham Knights book would have interested me more, where there was a main GK story every month and a spotlight on one of the members too.
    And then there's the fact that I don't really trust DC will have top talent every month on an anthology. It will probably be like their Digital First offerings, where the artists change mid-story and they all have different styles.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m ready. Especially if we see Looker and Halo returned to the Outsiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm not really excited. Zdarsky is good, but the other creative teams don't interest me. I guess a proper Gotham Knights book would have interested me more, where there was a main GK story every month and a spotlight on one of the members too.
    And then there's the fact that I don't really trust DC will have top talent every month on an anthology. It will probably be like their Digital First offerings, where the artists change mid-story and they all have different styles.
    Maybe DC will do a GK book closer to the game's release.

Fantastic Member

How is th8: in anyway similar when digital first are weekly and change entire creative teams because most are one off

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    How is th8: in anyway similar when digital first are weekly and change entire creative teams because most are one off
    None of the creative teams announced seem to be staying for the long run. These are mostly minis or one-offs inside the anthology format, so I'd say DC's track record with keeping quality and consistency is a cause of concern in a book with rotating leads and creative teams.

I never read the Gotham knights stories in detective, but I kind of liked the idea of it, so I wouldn’t mind seeing them together again.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Art looks gorgeous.