Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    so he is back to normal, figured out Bruce and Dicks identity and became robin at 13. But I guess he gets two years before Damian at age 10 arrives, that gives him a year and half with his titans before resuming all events up to now?
    If it stays that way, yeah. He built Young Justice within the first year, then joined Teen Titans in the next.

I've... talked about Tim's timeline a lot, and the way I handle it is by pulling back Tim's timeline so he started earlier, like at 10 or something, but that's just me. There's no clarification from DC.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Duke took a year of training before Rebirth started, then maybe add a few months after Rebirth before he officially go out as The Signal after the first Metal, but that's when Rebirth runs in real-time.

Now though, since Damian only aged one year from Rebirth to Infinite, Duke's training naturally got shorter, but don't know how short. It's impossible to compress all of the Rebirth events into just one year anyway, but there ya go.

it gets shorter but not really by much. Duke meets Damian when Damian is 12 and Duke is 16 during We are Robin/Robin War. Then Damian turns 13 around the same time Duke accepts the offer and starts training, at the start of Rebirth. Duke becomes The Signal after Metal and says it's been about a year, then Damian turns 14 during Infinite Frontier. So that would mean compressing the time between Metal and Death Metal, and/or push back the time between Batman Rebirth and Teen Titans Rebirth, by a few months. You could conceivably reconcile a year between Rebirth and Infinite for both of them if you take into account all the timeline fluidity going on from all the multiverse shenanigans happening between Metal, Doomsday Clock (begrudgingly), and Death Metal.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

If it stays that way, yeah. He built Young Justice within the first year, then joined Teen Titans in the next.

I've... talked about Tim's timeline a lot, and the way I handle it is by pulling back Tim's timeline so he started earlier, like at 10 or something, but that's just me. There's no clarification from DC.
    To give him more time as Bruce’s partner? 10 is too young for him, especially since Tim’s family was alive and well when he starts as Robin

I don't think they've scaled the timeline back to that dramatic an extent but I assume Tim got at least 3-4 years as Robin.

Now that I think about it, is No Man's Land not in continuity anymore? I don't think Sarah Essen's death has come up at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Now that I think about it, is No Man's Land not in continuity anymore? I don't think Sarah Essen's death has come up at all.
    If that's the case Azrael might as well have no continuity or any reason to exist cause I believe him taking over the roll of Batman is also noncanon now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    If that's the case Azrael might as well have no continuity or any reason to exist cause I believe him taking over the roll of Batman is also noncanon now.
    Oh yeah, are they still just using the B&R Eternal backstory? Man, in hindsight that mini re-introduced a lot of characters but created some unforseen baggage.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    it gets shorter but not really by much. Duke meets Damian when Damian is 12 and Duke is 16 during We are Robin/Robin War. Then Damian turns 13 around the same time Duke accepts the offer and starts training, at the start of Rebirth. Duke becomes The Signal after Metal and says it's been about a year, then Damian turns 14 during Infinite Frontier. So that would mean compressing the time between Metal and Death Metal, and/or push back the time between Batman Rebirth and Teen Titans Rebirth, by a few months. You could conceivably reconcile a year between Rebirth and Infinite for both of them if you take into account all the timeline fluidity going on from all the multiverse shenanigans happening between Metal, Doomsday Clock (begrudgingly), and Death Metal.
    I was thinking crunching them equally, because Rebirth during publication took about 4 years, and Duke one or a half, so he'd get less than a quarter of a year, but I like your solution with all the timeline interference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    To give him more time as Bruce’s partner? 10 is too young for him, especially since Tim’s family was alive and well when he starts as Robin
    I'm okay with 10 since Damian started at 10 and Dick can go as young as 8

I don't think they've scaled the timeline back to that dramatic an extent but I assume Tim got at least 3-4 years as Robin.

It's back now. Recently it's mentioned in... Detective Comics, that the current Fear State is probably the worst it's been since No Man's Land, but that's the only mention I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Devil View Post
    That... I didn't read his story in Rebirth. I only read the pages people spoiled... but what I took from them was Azrael used to wear that Bat Suit, but now (in Rebirth) it's brought back and improved by Luke Fox... I'm not sure though since it's been a while.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 11-04-2021 at 03:37 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Duke meets Damian when Damian is 12 and Duke is 16 during We are Robin/Robin War.
    Damian was still 10 before Rebirth, Damian ageing 3 years in Rebirth, is one big reason why the ages make no sense.

Extraordinary Member

I'm okay with 10 since Damian started at 10 and Dick can go as young as 8
    In Comics that are actually set at the beginning of Dick time as Robin he is usually arround 12, the 8 was mentioned sometimes in dialogue, but it made never much sense.
    Even if you look in his first few appaernces from the early Bronze Age age 8 doesn't seem that likely.

Most stories from Tim original time as Robin wouldn't really work if he was that young, since the revolved around is life as highschool student, and you would also really have problem with the timeline since if he was that young, he would have been at best a baby when Dick's parents died (that's btw. als a reason why Dick becoming Robin at age 8 simply doesn't work).
    Last edited by Aahz; 11-04-2021 at 08:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    Damian was still 10 before Rebirth, Damian ageing 3 years in Rebirth, is one big reason why the ages make no sense.
    yeah no, you're just making it more complicated than it is. considering how close together We are Robin/Robin War was to Rebirth (canonically no more than a handful of months) he would have to be 12 when it happened. they may have stated Damian to be 10 at some point before that but given all the timeline compression/decompression that's happened from New 52 all the way to Infinite, and the events given to us that provide context for the timeframe, their there is 0 reason to assume Damian is still 10 when he met Duke.

comics are not really THAT hard to understand or follow guys. I feel like people are just hung up on the idea that they're "super complicated" so they don't wanna make it make sense.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

yeah no, you're just making it more complicated than it is. considering how close together We are Robin/Robin War was to Rebirth (canonically no more than a handful of months) he would have to be 12 when it happened. they may have stated Damian to be 10 at some point before that but given all the timeline compression/decompression that's happened from New 52 all the way to Infinite, and the events given to us that provide context for the timeframe, their there is 0 reason to assume Damian is still 10 when he met Duke.

comics are not really THAT hard to understand or follow guys. I feel like people are just hung up on the idea that they're "super complicated" so they don't wanna make it make sense.
    were also forgetting the year he was dead, time kept moving after he died, and it explains why he hasn't grown

Incredible Member

I'm pretty sure NML also got referenced in the Lady Shiva story from Urban Legends.

Extraordinary Member

He was still said to be 10 or 11 during Robin Son of Batman.
    And it was established that he was only 10 when he died.
    And there is no way that he aged two years between Robin Rises and Robin War, since those two were published only one year appart.
    And since We are Robin is relative direct follow-up to endgame, that would actually place Endgame two years after Robin Rises even if those two events were published around the same time.

Damian really went during 1 year of publication from 10 to 13, and the simply doesn't line up with the continuity.

Btw. even if Damian was 12 during robin War and Duke 16, Duke would have to be 18 by now since Damian is now 14, and based on how is Cousin Jay treats Duke it seems pretty clear that Duke is still a minor.
    Last edited by Aahz; 11-04-2021 at 02:11 PM.

...Basically they needed him to be 13 to make him part of the Teen Titans.