Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011

Quote Originally Posted by Aahz View Post
    He was still said to be 10 or 11 during Robin Son of Batman.
    And it was established that he was only 10 when he died.
    And there is no way that he aged two years between Robin Rises and Robin War, since those two were published only one year appart.
    And since We are Robin is relative direct follow-up to endgame, that would actually place Endgame two years after Robin Rises even if those two events were published around the same time.

Damian really went during 1 year of publication from 10 to 13, and the simply doesn't line up with the continuity.

Btw. even if Damian was 12 during robin War and Duke 16, Duke would have to be 18 by now since Damian is now 14, and based on how is Cousin Jay treats Duke it seems pretty clear that Duke is still a minor.
    various events leading into Rebirth already altered the timeline (through events or single issues) and added previously missing events back into the timeline, which already expanded the timeline; a trend that continued even after Rebirth. like I said, they may have stated AT THE TIME that he was 10 but no matter how you shake it he would HAVE to be 12 by the time he gets to Rebirth because Infinite Frontier reaffirms Rebirth's birthday and which was in-canon only a few months after We are Robin/Robin War.

you are working against the obvious answer because you are working under the assumption that the older comic holds more or equivalent canonical weight than the newer ones; it's the other way around. they can state he's a literal infant at the time but if they retcon he was 22 and you look at the story and it conceivably looks like he could be 22 then thats the answer. you have to remember these ages truly don't matter that much, everyone looks more or less age-ambigious and abnormally fit. you simply go with the ones that make the most sense with the established canon. unfortunately these things get overcomplicated because the dominate school of thought is "lol comics are confusing" instead of just making it make.

Also it wouldn't make Duke 18, it would make him around 18. we only know for fact that Duke is a year older after training, which started a few months after he was stated to be 16. I'm fully aware Duke should be around 18 based on his timeline from WaR to BaTS to Outsiders to now, but the Multiverse resets leading into Infinite Frontier makes anything after the year declaration murky. he could be 18 or he could be turning 18 or older, but until DC gives him a birthday scene or does something that indicates he's of age, 17 is the safest assumption. DC doesn't touch on Duke's age too much, his last stated age was 16 in We are Robin (and even then it wasn't even in the actual story, it was in the companion character profiles), so for all we know DC could confirm he is in fact 17, 18 or even 19 at any point.

also, regardless of him being 18 or 17 Jay's treatment doesn't really indicat one way or the other. turning 18 doesn't make family suddenly treat you like your an adult
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-04-2021 at 04:34 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Few snippets from Mark Russell and Karl Mostert's story in issue #11:

https://twitter.com/jesswchen/status...31527484174342

Yay, Ace .

Eggbert!? Screw that I want some Jerry or Batcow or Goliath.

Yeah give me Goliath the batdragon not a genius chicken. Dc pets are going the same way as their characters. so many limboed while writers create new ones.

I expected to see Kanga in the Superpets movie but nope we got a Pig

I liked the stories but not the format. Ironically the story I liked in #11 the most was the Eternity 1st parter.