Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    All-New Member

I'm guessing the Harley/Ivy story will go into Ivy's role or lack there of in Harley's new solo book...

Quote Originally Posted by Zorkel567 View Post
    I've got to say that this will probably be the first issue of Urban Legends that I'll be passing on- which is kinda okay with me. I've been trying to limit my spending on monthly issues, and with Batman double-shipping for Fear State, alongside the Secret Files- Miracle Molly issue and I Am Batman, I already had a few more issues on top o my normal spending I'm interested in. So this will help balance it out a little anyways. I wonder how long any of these stories are going to last.

As someone who's not super into Elseworlds and dark futures, the only one that currently holds any interested to me is the Future State/Cassandra Cain story, but it's not going to be worth it for that price. I am curious as to when we'll see the Azrael story that was teased for this collection.

I am a little surprised that they're not using it as a tie-in for Fear State, focusing on supporting/extra characters and what they're doing during the event. Maybe that'll be one of the forthcoming issues?
    It's funny you say that, since I'm adding this to my pull solely for the Cass story .

Before you ask, yes - I am a sucker.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    It's funny you say that, since I'm adding this to my pull solely for the Cass story .

Before you ask, yes - I am a sucker.
    I guess we'll be balancing each other out then, haha.

I'm happy to see Cass get something more than a cameo appearance in Batman/Joker/'Tec, and am crossing my fingers we'll finally get the Batgirls books spinning out of Fear State, so we can get some consistent and solid Babs/Cass/Steph material.

I guess we'll be balancing each other out then, haha.

I'm happy to see Cass get something more than a cameo appearance in Batman/Joker/'Tec, and am crossing my fingers we'll finally get the Batgirls books spinning out of Fear State, so we can get some consistent and solid Babs/Cass/Steph material.
    Same here .

Extraordinary Member

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #8
    Written by ALYSSA WONG, BRANDON THOMAS, DAN WATTERS, and CHRISTIAN WARD
    Art by VASCO GEORGIEV, CIAN TORMEY, NIKOLA ČIŽMEŠIJA, and CHRISTIAN WARD
    Cover by COLLEEN DORAN
    $7.99 US | 64 PAGES
    PRESTIGE FORMAT
    Variants by KHARY RANDOLPH and RICCARDO FEDERICI
    ON SALE 10/12/21

-Batwoman: FEAR STATE TIE-IN! Someone has hacked into the Oracle Network and has started spreading information around Gotham—Batman is dead, Cassandra Cain Batgirl is a killer, Fear Toxin is in the air. Which is true and which is false? Batwoman will find out with the help of Commissioner Renee Montoya and…Kate’s sister Beth, AKA Red Alice?!

-Outsiders: FEAR STATE TIE-IN! Scarecrow has stirred Gotham City into a panic, and it’s awakened one of his first students he experimented on, a man turned into a monster known as THE FEARFUL! The Outsiders will have to reunite with the Signal in order to stop the Fearful and keep the city at peace. But a message from the world of FUTURE STATE reaches the Signal and changes everything.

-Azrael: Azrael, the last acolyte of the Order of St. Dumas, has returned to the streets of Gotham City after serving with the Justice League in the stars. He’s convinced he’s strayed too far from his purpose, too far from his teachings, and needs to reassert himself. But he’ll be met with a city that’s changed forever, a city that will shake his faith.

-Professor Pyg: Just in time for Halloween, a tale of Super Hero horror from fan-favorite creator Christian Ward, writing and drawing a story of Batman hunting down Professor Pyg in order to find the victim of a kidnapping. Batman will dig back into his memories of youth to track down Pyg and save a child’s life.

Incredible Member

I'm glad to see we're back to current-day stories that will build upon the current storylines.

It's nice to see Batwoman get a storyline, and see her get pulled into Fear State. I'm curious to see how Montoya will be handled here, and if she will be revealed as a mole for the Bat-family. Hopefully this could lead to another Batwoman series sometime down the line.

I was expecting a standalone Outsiders book, rather than a return to Urban Legends. It's nice to see Duke get more again, though I'm going to assume for the moment anyways that this is separate from whatever Secret Files: The Signal follow-up we get.

Between this and Arkham City, it's nice to see Azrael get some story post-Justice League Odyssey. I have absolutely no idea where they're going with him, but I'm excited to see what is next.

Extraordinary Member

So no ongoing stories after issue #6?

It sounds like #7 and #8 are just one shots.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I get the feeling they're gonna continue with Batwoman since she doesn't have a series. Arkham City is basically Azrael and Jason's in Zombieland.

It's nice to see Batwoman get a storyline, and see her get pulled into Fear State. I'm curious to see how Montoya will be handled here, and if she will be revealed as a mole for the Bat-family. Hopefully this could lead to another Batwoman series sometime down the line.
    If I didn't know that the recent 'Truth & Justice #5' was non-cannon, I'd assume Kate was two-timing and dating both Maggie and Renee at once, lol.

I'm curious to see how Montoya will be handled here, and if she will be revealed as a mole for the Bat-family. Hopefully this could lead to another Batwoman series sometime down the line.
    The tone of the solicit seems to indicate that at least nothing is wrong between them, which would sure be the case if Renee really was Nakano's stooge. This story is also a stealth team-up with Cass, and will continue in issue #9.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Terry !!!

Extraordinary Member

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #9
    Written by BRANDON THOMAS, ALYSSA WONG, DAN WATTERS, and SAM JOHNS
    Art by CIAN TORMEY, VASCO GEORGIEV, NIKOLA ČIŽMEŠIJA, and KARL MOSTERT
    Cover by KHARY RANDOLPH
    $7.99 US | 64 PAGES | PRESTIGE
    Variant by FRANCESCO FRANCAVILLA and RICCARDO FEDERICI
    ON SALE 11/9/21

Outsiders story: “FEAR STATE” TIE-IN! The Fearful has turned the Outsiders against each other! Tim Drake has entered the fray to save the manipulated team, but it won’t be enough. The future of the Outsiders depends on the Signal, but he’ll need help…from the world of Future State. Signal, meet Future State Duke Thomas, and listen to every warning he has to deliver!

Batwoman story: “FEAR STATE” TIE-IN! Batwoman now has the help of her sister, Beth, who is currently disguised as Red Alice to hit the underground network of villains in order to trace where the Anti-Oracle is. The only problem is, all of this is too familiar for Beth…and as old habits die hard, so might this be for Beth in keeping Red Alice at bay.

Azrael story: Dead criminals are walking the streets of Gotham City, and Azrael’s faith is shaken. Is the rapture truly upon us, and will this avenging angel be called home? Or is there a more sinister and human force at work, and what warrior has been stalking Jean-Paul Valley without him noticing? Threats to Azrael’s body and soul are here, and he’ll need more than a flaming sword to stop them.

Tweedledee and Tweedledum story: After their last job with the Mad Hatter, Tweedledee and Tweedledum took their money and decided to live a quiet life…but a quiet life can be just as dangerous. Tweedledee has fallen ill, and Tweedledum will find out quickly that a pile of stolen money isn’t enough to survive in Gotham City. Will his wickeder ways prevail and see him turn to a life of crime to save his cousin’s life?
    BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS #10
    Written by MEGHAN FITZMARTIN, TINI HOWARD, DAN WATTERS, and SAM JOHNS
    Art by ALBERTO JIMENEZ ALBUQUERQUE, CHRISTIAN DUCE, NIKOLA CIZMESIJA, and KARL MOSTERT
    Cover by BELEN ORTEGA
    Variant cover by RICCARDO FEDERICI and BECKY CLOONAN
    $7.99 | 64 PGS | Prestige Format
    ON SALE 12/14/21

Tim Drake goes to make peace with Batman before he leaves Gotham. Superstar writer Tini Howard makes her DC debut on a Nightwing, Oracle, and Batgirls holiday spectacular. Azrael faces down the new villain THE POOR FELLOW. And Tweedle Dum has to make a grave decision.

Extraordinary Member

BATMAN: URBAN LEGENDS VOL. 1
    Written by CHIP ZDARSKY and MATTHEW ROSENBERG
    Art by EDDY BARROWS and RYAN BENJAMIN
    Cover by HICHAM HABCHI
    $24.99 US | 264 PGS | 6 5/8″ x 10 3/16″ | Softcover
    ISBN: 978-1-77951-217-8
    ON SALE 12/7/21

Two top comics writers, Matthew Rosenberg and Chip Zdarsky, enter the world of Gotham City with new tales of Batman, Red Hood, and Grifter in the first volume collecting stories from the thrilling new anthology series Batman: Urban Legends