Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Duke looking good, even going through what he seems to be going through!

The Clownhunter bit is picking up where Clownhunter's story left off last in the Batman backups, where he was saved and detoxed of Scarecrow's new fangled fear toxin thanks to Tim.

Mind you, he and Tim are approximately the same age.
    they really need to just straight up state and give Tim an appropriate age, a lot of these new teen/adolescence should be young than him by now. it should be Tim early 20s, Jason mid to late 20s, Dick late 20s early 30s. regardless, I'm curious what role Clownhunter is gonna play here.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Mind you, he and Tim are approximately the same age.
    In vigilante years Tim is much older and more experienced.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    they really need to just straight up state and give Tim an appropriate age, a lot of these new teen/adolescence should be young than him by now. it should be Tim early 20s, Jason mid to late 20s, Dick late 20s early 30s. regardless, I'm curious what role Clownhunter is gonna play here.
    Tim is about hard 18.

Steph and Cass should be too but it seems like they're de-aging them because of the prior continuity and because of the audience they're aiming for with the Batgirls book.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post

Tim is about hard 18.

Steph and Cass should be too but it seems like they're de-aging them because of the prior continuity and because of the audience they're aiming for with the Batgirls book.
    thats what I'm saying, he shouldn't still be 18. hell, he just BARELY and very recently must've gotten to be 18 because his stated age for a while was like 16-17. Duke and Clownhunter are both 17, there should be a couple years separation between Tim and them just as a matter of further illustrating the difference of generation. same thing with Cassandra and Steph. now would be the perfect time to correct their ages considering the multiversal shift, I just don't think they should all be so close in age to the generation below them.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

currently following:
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

Extraordinary Member

Tim is about hard 18.

The way it’s going now he has less experience then Damian, in fact I guess becuase Damian is 14 and became Robin at 10, we’re back to Tim never being Bruce’s partner. He started as redrobin. Or he was Robin a few months before Damian arrived

thats what I'm saying, he shouldn't still be 18. hell, he just BARELY and very recently must've gotten to be 18 because his stated age for a while was like 16-17. Duke and Clownhunter are both 17, there should be a couple years separation between Tim and them just as a matter of further illustrating the difference of generation. same thing with Cassandra and Steph. now would be the perfect time to correct their ages considering the multiversal shift, I just don't think they should all be so close in age to the generation below them.
    I think it's just a consequence of all the rebooting and starting from scratch and then not reorienting them 100% back to their old selves while introducing new young characters.

Extraordinary Member

Hoenestly I don't think he is allredy supposed to be 18, I think if that was the case they would have mentioned that allready.

Btw. that Duke and Tim (and Cass and Steph and Harper and Gotham Girl and all the We Are Robin Kids) are basically the same age was already the case pre rebirth.
    I think they just made a lot of the new characters to old when they were introduced.
    Last edited by Aahz; 11-02-2021 at 12:11 AM.

Astonishing Member

We know Bao is 17 (people just assumed he was younger before his age was revealed because he appears, at first and/or a casual glance, to be scrawny, combined with him being short), but like you say, that's on DC and them for, seemingly by mandate, not laying down concrete ages for the chronologically older Batfamily characters. I agree with your age approximates; Tim should be an early 20-something adolescent and not still a teen himself. (You could even squint that he is and that he just hasn't hit his final growth spurt or is just gonna be short and youthful-looking. Until he interacts with/is shown around actual 17 year-olds and the illusion breaks.)

I, too, wonder what Clownhunters role will be going forward in the Fear State story.

To be clear, that wasn't what I meant when I pointed that out. (It's true Tim's been a vigilante longer, yes.)
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 11-02-2021 at 11:02 AM.

Astonishing Member

I think it's just a consequence of all the rebooting and starting from scratch and then not reorienting them 100% back to their old selves while introducing new young characters.
    I actually think it's a consequence of them not letting Tim's generation age.

To be clear, that wasn't what I meant when I pointed that out. (It's true Tim's been a vigilante longer, yes.)
    But I meant Tim mentoring a younger hero in the sense of one just starting out.
    I actually think it's a consequence of them not letting Tim's generation age.
    Which is partially because of the reboot resetting all of them (and the universe in general to wipe out a lot of younger kids).

Extraordinary Member

Tim is about hard 18.

When did tim become Robin? Vigilantes years are kinda meh you can be a pro in 6 months or less
    Look at Duke and Steph

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    When did tim become Robin? Vigilantes years are kinda meh you can be a pro in 6 months or less
    Look at Duke and Steph
    Duke explicitly trained with Batman for over a year before he went pro as Signal. although, to your point, Bruce said he's trained under him longer than most which implies the Robins and whoever else that have trained directly under him probably did it for less time before being considered legit. 6 months of Robin boot camp before legit real pro level hero work wouldn't be a stretch.

currently following:

BANNED

Look at Duke and Steph
    Imagine being a thug out with the grunts one night and loosing a fight to a little high school girl who has hardly done any training.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Look at Duke and Steph
    When he was 13-14. 6 months is the standard Robin training. Dick, Tim, and Jason trained in that amount of time. Tim got extra training with Lady Shiva after his 6 months were up.

Damian's been trained since birth so he's better than them at their age.

New Dick's back story has made him a prodigy whose raw skill set attracted various assassins and organizations, while Jason's extra intensive training that made him Batman and Nightwing's equal happened after his resurrection.

Tim had martial arts training before he met Batman, and in New 52 they also made him an athletic prodigy on top of being smart, but in this case, they screwed up his character since he's supposed to be the everyman, not genius at everything.

Duke took a year of training before Rebirth started, then maybe add a few months after Rebirth before he officially go out as The Signal after the first Metal, but that's when Rebirth runs in real-time.

Now though, since Damian only aged one year from Rebirth to Infinite, Duke's training naturally got shorter, but don't know how short. It's impossible to compress all of the Rebirth events into just one year anyway, but there ya go.

Steph in the new continuity got a martial arts lesson before her story started (I think), then she was trained by Catwoman and her yakuza girlfriend, and then Nightwing sent her a video training that she spent studying while the other Robins are saving the world, then under Batwoman during Gotham Knights. That was during the New 52-Rebirth publication in real-time though. Currently, I have no idea. New Steph is supposed to be the least experienced out of all Robins and Batgirls.
    Last edited by Restingvoice; 11-03-2021 at 07:02 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    When he was 13-14. 6 months is the standard Robin training. Dick, Tim, and Jason trained in that amount of time. Tim got extra training with Lady Shiva after his 6 months were up.

Duke took a year of training before Rebirth started, then maybe add a few months after Rebirth before he officially go out as The Signal after the first Metal, but that's when Rebirth runs in real-time.

Now though, since Damian only aged one year from Rebirth to Infinite, Duke's training naturally got shorter, but don't know how short. It's impossible to compress all of the Rebirth events into just one year anyway, but there ya go.

Steph in the new continuity is got a martial arts lesson before her story started (I think), then she was trained by Catwoman and her yakuza girlfriend, and then Nightwing sent her video training that she spent studying for half a year while the other Robins are saving the world. That was during the New 52 publication in real time though. Currently, I have no idea.
    Yeah the time line is so messed up that sometimes you just have to view each character as their own universe. For instance, in New Earth, Stargirl did not age a single year over the course of multiple presidents.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post

Steph in the new continuity is got a martial arts lesson before her story started (I think), then she was trained by Catwoman and her yakuza girlfriend, and then Nightwing sent her video training that she spent studying for half a year while the other Robins are saving the world, then under Batwoman during Gotham Knights. That was during the New 52-Rebirth publication in real-time though. Currently, I have no idea. New Steph is supposed to be the least experienced out of all Robins and Batgirls.
    so he is back to normal, figured out Bruce and Dicks identity and became robin at 13. But I guess he gets two years before Damian at age 10 arrives, that gives him a year and half with his titans before resuming all events up to now?