Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Default Random House publishing line of stand alone OGNs for DC.

Do we think this is indicative of something bigger?

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/goss...raphic-novels/
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post

Well they cut the person who was in charge of the DC Kid OGNs, maybe this will replace it?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post

As of right now-NO.

Because they were already doing it.

I think as we get back to some kind of normal (mainly libraries being OPEN and schools being full time on campus)-I would keep an eye on.

Random House will get those books in more places than what DC has previously been doing.

Same with IDW and Oni Press.

Because right now here is the major difference between what DC has been doing versus others.

The majority of the DC OGNs are not in EVERY store. I had to get Beast Boy and Aqualad online from Target.

Meanwhile books from other places are on the shelves at stores. Like those Minecraft OGNs.

They are getting the folks who DON'T shop online. DC is not because the stores that do stock those OGNs like Barnes and Nobles are not everywhere and even then it's a crap shoot.

I mean with Barnes and Nobles I have a better change at getting say WIldstorm Michael Cray versus Shazam or Green Lantern or Doom Patrol. All of whom are WAY bigger names than Cray.

Is going to be in addition to or instead of the current kids/YA original graphic novels line (formerly known as DC Zoom and DC Ink)?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Well they cut the person who was in charge of the DC Kid OGNs, maybe this will replace it?
    If true I think it's likely that the current ogn lines are in the process of being phased out. The fact they let go of Michelle Wells could support this. In which case they'd release the books they have currently scheduled an announced before Random House takes over.