Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue22 View Post
    He said he likes Mike Carey's run and thinks it's underrated .
    I share that sentiment. Mike Carey did some amazing things during his run on X-Men Legacy. I think it's an underrated era of X-Men.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    It's just best left forgotten.
    I kind of liked it in the very beginning, but looking back I'd like to forget about it.

BANNED

Remember how Bishop and Jean were going to be a thing? Lol, no, no one really thought that except for some posters who swear they know EXACTLY what is going to happen every time they see a solicit.

Remember cool lava lamp power girl from the Apocalypse series? No? Yeah me either.

Remember how Nature Girl was going to become a MAJOR PLAYER because she was featured in one crappy spin-off?

Remember how Psylocke and Blob were ENDGAME for sure?

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Yes he did and he is so right. Mike Carey run was awesome.

It also shows Hackman liked it, as he brought back the Children of the Vault. Only thimble he did not is give Rogue and Gamit the spotlight as Mike did.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

It's not retconned, it's just irrelevant from the moment of conception. It's only role was to kill Evan and everyone from Age of Apocalypse. It was filler.

Mike Carey's run was definitely underrated and full of high concepts but looking at it objectively aside from Rogue who was too heavily focused on and maybe Iceman he didn't have a big draw cast. But what he did with what he wrote was really good.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I've kinda come to the conclusion that everything gets retconned sooner or later.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    I share that sentiment. Mike Carey did some amazing things during his run on X-Men Legacy. I think it's an underrated era of X-Men.
    My favorite part of the run was the first 17 or so issues, the book had a pretty unconventional team. The Age of X event later on also has some interesting parallels with Krakoa.
    Hated.Feared.SavingThe World.Tell Me What's Changed.

Quote Originally Posted by mikedesil View Post
    I kind of liked it in the very beginning, but looking back I'd like to forget about it.
    As events go, there's been worse. But yeah, was the world-building was really uneven, some concepts should have had much sharper teeth than they did, and it really didn't stick the landing. And the less said about Disassembled and the Rosenberg run the better. But I enjoyed Prisoner X, The X-Tremists, the Nightcrawler solo, and (up until the last issue) GenNext.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    As events go, there's been worse. But yeah, was the world-building was really uneven, some concepts should have had much sharper teeth than they did, and it really didn't stick the landing. And the less said about Disassembled and the Rosenberg run the better. But I enjoyed Prisoner X, The X-Tremists, the Nightcrawler solo, and (up until the last issue) GenNext.
    Yeah I really liked Prisoner X and The X-Tremists so I'm glad Vita and Leah got to stay on board.

I also remember coming up with some headcanon that all of the mutants were so quick to follow Xavier to Krakoa because they just got ripped out of a mutant only "paradise" (at least in the sense that they weren't being hunted down by humans).

Astonishing Member

New mutanrs confirmed its still cannon

Just to further show it’s not “retconned”, we recently got direct callbacks to a development that happened in Age of X-Man in today’s Excalibur issue.

BANNED

okay Ladderbro, go back to 4chan, you are drunk

I do feel bad for Matthew Rosenberg though. I wonder if he knew that House of X was in the works (since Hickman was working on it for a while) or if they kind of tricked him into being a filler writer.

I can't, however, forgive him that awful AWFUL Wolfsbane murder storyline. Probably one of the most offensive comic book stories I've ever read. Offensive to readers, the character of Wolfsbane, X-Men fans, and any victims of that kind of violence (whether it be "gay-panic"/"trans-panic" scenarios or not).

For that reason alone, his run is better off never mentioned again.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Just to further show it’s not “retconned”, we recently got direct callbacks to a development that happened in Age of X-Man in today’s Excalibur issue.
    But it also ignored how Northstar and Rictor were hanging out and regained their memories at around the same time and yet today Northstar apparently didn't think that Rictor would maybe want to know about Shatterstar's situation.