Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    I read comics since 1984 and I can tell you what you think it’s pretty delusional, everything points to Krakoa being in 616 current timeline, Hickman explained Moira powers because it’s part of his story, not for some obscure reason, her powers allow to setup the various futures seen in powers of X, it’s the reason he can justify the long game played by Moira, Xavier and Magneto, the involvement of Sinister, how they know what to they need to watch for (Nimrod etc.) basically everything about the setup of his run, so saying that the reason for Moira powers is for some future reset does not sound like a solid theory. Additionally what you are saying, a run that spans for several years and intertwines with all 616 events that get’s erased while nothing else change never happened in Marvel history.
    Don't gaslight me. If you've read comics that much then you know how flexible comic continuity is instead you insist on nothing changes in comic books, especially with Hickman. I never said Krkaao right now is an alternate time line, I said the possibility is set up for that option if they choose it, the trigger being Moira X. That's how her powers work, Hickman's gone in explicit detail on this. She dies in Krakao's timeline it becomes a seperate timeline from 616, they've fudged things so it might not be so but it is a distinct possibility. Of course it's not an obscure reason, the reason being - she can retcon any time line she's in to being an alternate, instead you'd have me believe Hickman wants nothing to do with her powers any longer it's just 616 from now on. His entire run hinges on Moira X, without her Krakao doesn't get founded. Without her the timeline gets retconned out.

Krakao is in its own bubble in Marvel, its not heavily impactful on what the titles do. They make cameos, but they hardly bring in every detail from what's going on in Krakoa, it's be very simple to retcon them being from another 616 Krakoa. It's far less intertwined with Marvel than his Avengers run was.

Have you read Hickman's Avengers? The precedent in him erasing continuity happened in that, it's how Secret Wars became the setting. Marvel is also fine temporarily overriding their 616 continuity with a new setting then getting rid of it - they did this in Age of Apocalypse and Secret Wars (2015).

Hickman is known for writing things that add to the Marvel universe, rathe then subtracting them, and adding the various time lines to Marvel would fit this philosophy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bulagirl1 View Post
    Yes, you are. Total denial.

"Some other krakoa". What is this even? Wouldn't even make sense. So all the X-Men from King in Black and Wolverine from all his stories, were all alternate universe characters who we... just join at the end of Hickman's run? And we get years of character development for characters who were not even 616 in every x-book being made?

Hickman's X-men have had more than a single Krakao in its time lines created by Moira X, it'd be simple to add this to those ones. Character development gets retconned happen regularly in comic books, including the big characters like Spider-man. Hickman's run has done this to Magneto even, he's far less welcoming to humans then he was before Krakao. This is comic books, everything's possible all that's required is a writer who want it and an editor to approve it. That's how we got Krakoa!

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Don't gaslight me. If you've read comics that much then you know how flexible comic continuity is instead you insist on nothing changes in comic books, especially with Hickman. I never said Krkaao right now is an alternate time line, I said the possibility is set up for that option if they choose it, the trigger being Moira X. That's how her powers work, Hickman's gone in explicit detail on this. She dies in Krakao's timeline it becomes a seperate timeline from 616, they've fudged things so it might not be so but it is a distinct possibility. Of course it's not an obscure reason, the reason being - she can retcon any time line she's in to being an alternate, instead you'd have me believe Hickman wants nothing to do with her powers any longer it's just 616 from now on. His entire run hinges on Moira X, without her Krakao doesn't get founded. Without her the timeline gets retconned out.

Krakao is in its own bubble in Marvel, its not heavily impactful on what the titles do. They make cameos, but they hardly bring in every detail from what's going on in Krakoa, it's be very simple to retcon them being from another 616 Krakoa. It's far less intertwined with Marvel than his Avengers run was.

Have you read Hickman's Avengers? The precedent in him erasing continuity happened in that, it's how Secret Wars became the setting. Marvel is also fine temporarily overriding their 616 continuity with a new setting then getting rid of it - they did this in Age of Apocalypse and Secret Wars (2015).

Hickman is known for writing things that add to the Marvel universe, rathe then subtracting them, and adding the various time lines to Marvel would fit this philosophy.
    “How long have you been reading comics?”
    “1984”
    “Don’t gaslight me” Proceed giving example of erases continuity that’s never been erased and it’s still all there and would require the writer to come back after years to write a story identical to its last one just to fit is ill conceived theory.

On a more serious note, Moira’s powers reset the timeline don’t create a new or divergent one, making the point moot anyway.
    Last edited by PeterParked; 12-25-2020 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterParked View Post
    On a more serious note, Moira’s powers reset the timeline don’t create a new or divergent one, making the point moot anyway.
    I wouldn’t be that categorical…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Hickman's X-men have had more than a single Krakao in its time lines created by Moira X, it'd be simple to add this to those ones.
    Are you completely sure in what you say here?
    Please tell us exactly which of Moira's other lives mention the nation of Krakoa.

Just that i have personally read i know Krakoa has been mentioned in Savage Avengers several times, King in Black, Immortal Hulk, King in Black 2 with blade pleading with Xavier and Magneto to open their gates and let people in. Jane's new book, i could go on and on. So not exactly in a bubble. Then you have Ewing doing S.W.O.R.D which tied into Empire and he writes GOTG while doing a cosmic mutant book. Then you have the entire FF franchise that basically more than recognized it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Even in Amazing Mary Jane you have an interview with MJ where she jokes about Krakoan drugs.

Mighty Member

This thread is weird. People are arguing it was all retconned or that none of it was when the answer is obviously in between.

If the story sucked, then that means the odds of a retcon are huge. If the story is good, the odds of a retcon diminish.

What Hickman did was do a story where he can choose what he liked about the recent years of stories (which is very little) and ignore everything else.

Some of you mention Carey, but tech he's not a recent writer. Pretty much anything in the past 5 years has been either boring (Guggenheim) or offensive (Rosenberg), AND these writers had absolutely no idea what minorities go through either. They only wrote for white characters in the most basic ways possible. Havoc, Kitty, Magik, etc... were all written as basic bros. All the females were written as Maddonna/Whores. Meaning one was exceptionally perfect at everything (Kitty and Magik) while all the other women were beyond useless (Storm, Rachel, Wolfsbane).

Even if Hickman hates Age of X-Man, eventually he'll leave, and the new writer might see some potential in what happened in the story. They'll probably retcon some things about Hickman's writing as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    This thread is weird. People are arguing it was all retconned or that none of it was when the answer is obviously in between.

If the story sucked, then that means the odds of a retcon are huge. If the story is good, the odds of a retcon diminish.

What Hickman did was do a story where he can choose what he liked about the recent years of stories (which is very little) and ignore everything else.

Some of you mention Carey, but tech he's not a recent writer. Pretty much anything in the past 5 years has been either boring (Guggenheim) or offensive (Rosenberg), AND these writers had absolutely no idea what minorities go through either. They only wrote for white characters in the most basic ways possible. Havoc, Kitty, Magik, etc... were all written as basic bros. All the females were written as Maddonna/Whores. Meaning one was exceptionally perfect at everything (Kitty and Magik) while all the other women were beyond useless (Storm, Rachel, Wolfsbane).

Even if Hickman hates Age of X-Man, eventually he'll leave, and the new writer might see some potential in what happened in the story. They'll probably retcon some things about Hickman's writing as well.
    It's sad that the only good team book with a female mutant as a leader in the last five years (Uncanny Avengers by Duggan, then Zub) wasn't even an x-book
    Last edited by rhaenylis; 12-26-2020 at 10:37 AM.

Astonishing Member

That’s not what Madonna/whore means...