Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by lordozone View Post
    Selene, Emma Frost, Shadow king, Sinister... there is a lot of inhabitants of Krakoa who worked with nazis...
    Scott,Storm,Colossus and other all worked with Dr. Nemesis who was a Nazi agent. Yes they are a lot of inhabitants of Krakoa who worked with Nazis

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Half of the Quiet Council is rotten to the core really. Magneto, Exodus, Apocalypse, Shaw, Sinister, Mystique - Krakoa's government is made up of the worst of the worst... basically like real-life governments.
    I am at pains to include Exodus in the list, he may be enamoured with Magneto's creed but I don't find him an out and out villain.He is more of anti-hero, he risked his own life to put down Matthew Malloy , a mutant Xavier himself erased from existence. In so many arcs he is part of the good guys and not working some angle...He was against Apoc in AoA, he repaired Xavier's brain after his assassination, basically resurrected him, he helped free mutants kept by Someday corp,he helped in neutering Mothervine worldwide with Elixir in X-Men Blue. I think it is a little harsh throwing him in with Sinister,Apoc ,Shaw or Selene.I am not absolving him of his fanaticism but I find him more of a believer in mutant messianism than outright global genocide

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Scott,Storm,Colossus and other all worked with Dr. Nemesis who was a Nazi agent. Yes they are a lot of inhabitants of Krakoa who worked with Nazis
    What were the circumstances? Which is something you'd think the mutant community would be squirrelly about, along with the members committing genocide, including many of the mutants on the very island itself.

Rev9:

Exodus committed genocide in Heroes for Hire and has been a well known mover and shaker in mutant terrorism since he joined Magneto, and he's not known for being remorseful over his actions. He's the furthest thing from an anti-hero you can get. He was like the prototype for Gorgon.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    What were the circumstances? Which is something you'd think the mutant community would be squirrelly about, along with the members committing genocide, including many of the mutants on the very island itself.

Rev9:

Exodus committed genocide in Heroes for Hire and has been a well known mover and shaker in mutant terrorism since he joined Magneto, and he's not known for being remorseful over his actions. He's the furthest thing from an anti-hero you can get. He was like the prototype for Gorgon.
    yeah he may not be remorseful, but I doubt he commits genocide or terrorism unprovoked, I am yet to see him absolutely revel in genocide like Sinister or Selene or Apocalypse.I have not read Siege of Wundergore arc to be fair, but from all depictions of Exodus I've seen I'm yet to believe he sanctioned a genocide without reason.As I've mentioned before he is filled with a sense of duty and honour informed by his historic past.So painting him with broad infamy of his other co-consuls is disingenuous
    Last edited by Rev9; 12-15-2020 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    I will play along

Jean Grey via Phoenix- Mass Murder,Terrorism
    Wolverine-Serial Killer,Terrorism
    X-23 Serial Killer, Terrorism
    Bishop- Mass Murder,Terrorism
    Kwannon- Serial Killer,Terrorism
    Beast- I am pretty sure mass murder,Terrorism,
    Gambit-Thief and accessory to mass murder,Terrorism
    Rogue-Terrorist
    Professor X-Child in endangerment,Emotional abuse of his followers,Terrorism
    Domino-Serial Killer,Terrorism
    Rahne-Attempting to seduce a minor,Terrorism
    Colossus-Attempting to seduce a minor,Terrorism

I can find reckless stuff say about Shatterstar,M,Quire, Sage, Strong Guy, Cable, Betsy, Storm and many others as well.
    X-23 and Wolverine are mass murders, not serial killers; there is a distinct difference.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    yeah he may not be remorseful, but I doubt he commits genocide or terrorism unprovoked, I am yet to see him absolutely revel in genocide like Sinister or Selene or Apocalypse.I have not read Siege of Wundergore arc to be fair, but from all depictions of Exodus I've seen I'm yet to believe he sanctioned a genocide without reason.As I've mentioned before he is filled with a sense of duty and honour informed by his historic past.So painting him with broad infamy of his other co-consuls is disingenuous
    Exodus fought in the crusades, nice people did not join become crusaders, he tried kill every none mutant super-human on earth and threatened to kill everyone on Genosha unless the mutants there killed all the humans.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Exodus fought in the crusades, nice people did not join become crusaders, he tried kill every none mutant super-human on earth and threatened to kill everyone on Genosha unless the mutants there killed all the humans.
    'Nice people did not join to become crusaders' is that an opinion or fact? While there was a plethora of reasons to fight in crusades some less noble, adventure, personal advancement, hope to gain reward and title and so forth you cannot go ahead and claim real people driven by religious fervour or fighting as loyal subjects or swearing fealty for their king were 'bad people'.

Also Genosha is not the entire world, he wanted a purely mutant enclave, but that is different than eradicating all humanity
    Last edited by Rev9; 12-15-2020 at 07:28 AM.

Oh lets not forget Jumbo Carnation. How dare he let Emma get a mom bob. I will NEVAH forgive him.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I am at pains to include Exodus in the list, he may be enamoured with Magneto's creed but I don't find him an out and out villain.He is more of anti-hero, he risked his own life to put down Matthew Malloy , a mutant Xavier himself erased from existence. In so many arcs he is part of the good guys and not working some angle...He was against Apoc in AoA, he repaired Xavier's brain after his assassination, basically resurrected him, he helped free mutants kept by Someday corp,he helped in neutering Mothervine worldwide with Elixir in X-Men Blue. I think it is a little harsh throwing him in with Sinister,Apoc ,Shaw or Selene.I am not absolving him of his fanaticism but I find him more of a believer in mutant messianism than outright global genocide
    He never valued regular human lives though... oh wait, same as the rest of the Council I guess, except for when it's time to punish Sabretooth

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

And let's not ever forget Magneto did this to his own daughter (OK, she wasn't at the time, and she isn't anymore... but still!)

'Nice people did not join to become crusaders' is that an opinion or fact? While there was a plethora of reasons to fight in crusades some less noble, adventure, personal advancement, hope to gain reward and title and so forth you cannot go ahead and claim real people driven by religious fervour or fighting as loyal subjects or swearing fealty for their king were 'bad people'.

Also Genosha is not the entire world, he wanted a purely mutant enclave, but that is different than eradicating all humanity
    Crusaders had a nasty habit of sacking and looting christian cities, as well as killing most of the civilians of in the muslim lands the conquered, the also fought among each for those lands. The only people that signed up for the crusades were power hungry murders, thieves and fanatics, no one joined for honor or because they loyal to their king, they just wanted to loot and kill.
    Immortal in the Force.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    Crusaders had a nasty habit of sacking and looting christian cities, as well as killing most of the civilians of in the muslim lands the conquered, the also fought among each for those lands. The only people that signed up for the crusades were power hungry murders, thieves and fanatics, no one joined for honor or because they loyal to their king, they just wanted to loot and kill.
    You seem to speak as if you were there, many who debate history read into it what is probable and plausible but not complete fact.The same logic can be used to claim pilgrims who migrated to the new world were no better than the Spanish conquistadors, or simply hated Catholicism or were anti monarchy..is it plausible that some were? Sure but did others leave because of religious wars, internal schisms and again an honest attempt to create a new religious society in what they presumed was virgin land or to evangelise the original inhabitants? That is equally true.Crusades began because of pope Urban II calling for them, his motivations were purely religious, to reclaim the holyland ,get relics protected.. sure they may have been used by kings for reasons other than originally intended but it doesn't mean people who joined the first crusade for example didn't do so with religious conviction. There was not only one crusade there were about 7 and with time they diverged in their goals as realities changed but to the end many retained a religious component just that some changed from being against Islam to other gnostic sects within Europe.I wouldn't try to re-write history with such tunnel vision outlooks
    Last edited by Rev9; 12-15-2020 at 08:08 AM.

Selene, Sinister, Sabretooth, Omega Red, Magneto (if, for nothing else, what he did in Fatal Attractions), Beast

Apocalypse would be included but do we consider him part of Krakoa now? And is the Shadow King actually part of Krakoa or not? Possibly Wolverine and Bishop and Mystique for terrorism.

Sorry, but compared to these, things like thievery, and some of the other crimes listed, while absolutely horrible (and I make clear I'm not okay with them in any way) are a step down.
    Last edited by Captain Nash; 12-15-2020 at 08:46 AM.

You seem to speak as if you were there, many who debate history read into it what is probable and plausible but not complete fact.The same logic can be used to claim pilgrims who migrated to the new world were no better than the Spanish conquistadors, or simply hated Catholicism or were anti monarchy..is it plausible that some were? Sure but did others leave because of religious wars, internal schisms and again an honest attempt to create a new religious society in what they presumed was virgin land or to evangelise the original inhabitants? That is equally true.Crusades began because of pope Urban II calling for them, his motivations were purely religious, to reclaim the holyland ,get relics protected.. sure they may have been used by kings for reasons other than originally intended but it doesn't mean people who joined the first crusade for example didn't do so with religious conviction. There was not only one crusade there were about 7 and with time they diverged in their goals as realities changed but to the end many retained a religious component just that some changed from being against Islam to other gnostic sects within Europe.I wouldn't try to re-write history with such tunnel vision outlooks
    There are multiple accounts by the Byzantine's of crusaders pillaging and looting their way across the empire to get to the 'Holy Lands', and the crusaders themselves wrote about their massacres. Holy wars are very opposite of holy.
    Immortal in the Force.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    He never valued regular human lives though... oh wait, same as the rest of the Council I guess, except for when it's time to punish Sabretooth
    Although he puts mutants before humans absolutely, the fact that he tried to help SHIELD shut down Malloy and helped Elixir to contain Mothervine unleashed by Bastion and Sinister is clear signal that he is not about indiscriminate snuffing out of human lives. He is not even close to Selene,Shaw,Apocalypse or Sinister level of contempt for humanity