Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by norj View Post
    There are multiple accounts by the Byzantine's of crusaders pillaging and looting their way across the empire to get to the 'Holy Lands', and the crusaders themselves wrote about their massacres. Holy wars are very opposite of holy.
    That was the 4th crusade, again it was not the first, I think the Catholic -Orthodox schism had already happened, before even the first crusade as I said the crusade goals were religious but the opponents changed.I see you think all crusades were about personal or material reasons and had absolutely no religious/spiritual impetus which is quite a tall claim that flies in the face of history

Astonishing Member

There are multiple accounts by the Byzantine's of crusaders pillaging and looting their way across the empire to get to the 'Holy Lands', and the crusaders themselves wrote about their massacres. Holy wars are very opposite of holy.
    Dandolo Vult.

Mighty Member

Selene. Woman has had a really long time to commit atrocities in her own name.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    Although he puts mutants before humans absolutely, the fact that he tried to help SHIELD shut down Malloy and helped Elixir to contain Mothervine unleashed by Bastion and Sinister is clear signal that he is not about indiscriminate snuffing out of human lives. He is not even close to Selene,Shaw,Apocalypse or Sinister level of contempt for humanity
    The fact Exodus has done some nice things is hardly outshining the horrors he's committed and he's not even the type of guy like Angel from Buffy, dude just doesn't care about what he did and is right now making propaganda to kids to demonise the Scarlet Witch like he's an evil Scout master building a cult. Exodus has content for humanity, he's just a apathetic about it - didn't make him good by any stretch. he's not Charles Xavier, he believe in dominating humans like Magneto does. He's a mutant supremacist with a large body count who'll strike again whenever he gets a chance.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Scott,Storm,Colossus and other all worked with Dr. Nemesis who was a Nazi agent. Yes they are a lot of inhabitants of Krakoa who worked with Nazis
    Oh I forgot about Dr. Nemesis, who committed high treason, terrorism, was a war criminal during world war two who murdered American soldiers and fought for the nazis !

But let's be real, almost all the heroes of the Marvel universe (except maybe Spider-man) committed acts of high treason and terrorism.
    Last edited by lordozone; 12-15-2020 at 11:38 AM.
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    That was the 4th crusade, again it was not the first, I think the Catholic -Orthodox schism had already happened, before even the first crusade as I said the crusade goals were religious but the opponents changed.I see you think all crusades were about personal or material reasons and had absolutely no religious/spiritual impetus which is quite a tall claim that flies in the face of history
    They were looting and pillaging the Byzantine's during the First crusades. Political leaders have and will continue to use religion to justify many bad decisions, only a few crusaders actually believed they defending Christendom and those guys were probably worse than the cynics.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    There is no fear, there is power.
    I am the heart of the Force.
    I am the revealing fire of light.
    I am the mystery of darkness.
    In balance with chaos and harmony,
    Immortal in the Force.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    Interesting… What makes a criminal the worst? The number of people killed or something else? Oscar Wilde said “Morality is simply the attitude we adopt towards people we personally dislike.”
    I think it’s difficult to determine gradients of evil. All the people listed in the OP have done monstrous things, but so has Logan, Gambit, Jean and Cyclops. Some situations require us to examine the morality of the decisions made while others are simply evil acts meant to dominate and destroy. I specifically chose Sinister because he has an obsession with mastering and dominating his victims in a way the others don’t imo. His relentless pursuit of Jean and Cyke is fanatical and his unwillingness to let his Marauders die is terrifying to me. Apocalypse doesn’t make things personal, if you’re fit you live end of story. Selene is pretty awful but she seems mostly like a super powered psychopath, although I have only read a few stories involving her so I could be way off base. Magneto is fighting for his people, he may make some hard choices but he is mostly a sympathetic character. I’d add Nimrod to the list of worst villains as it is a sentient being and has a specific prejudice against mutants.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    Half of the Quiet Council is rotten to the core really. Magneto, Exodus, Apocalypse, Shaw, Sinister, Mystique - Krakoa's government is made up of the worst of the worst... basically like real-life governments.
    Eh, they're a bit worse than that. Having Sinister and Apocalypse on is like if Stephen Paddock were made Secretary of Defense

Astonishing Member

They were looting and pillaging the Byzantine's during the First crusades. Political leaders have and will continue to use religion to justify many bad decisions, only a few crusaders actually believed they defending Christendom and those guys were probably worse than the cynics.
    No they didn't the first crusade of 1095, had a direct plea of King Alexios of the Komnenion dynasty( a Byzantine emperor) to pope Urban II to help fight the Seljuks in Turkey and generally the holy land, there was no pillaging in Byzantium or Constantinople until 1204 in the fourth crusade. Yes Jerusalem was sacked but only because the conquered it in 1099 from the Arabs/ Seljuks. The first crusade was in fact the most successful of the 7 crusades in terms of its goal

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Eh, they're a bit worse than that. Having Sinister and Apocalypse on is like if Stephen Paddock were made Secretary of Defense
    It was a toss up between him and Donald Rumsfeld.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    I think it’s difficult to determine gradients of evil. All the people listed in the OP have done monstrous things, but so has Logan, Gambit, Jean and Cyclops. Some situations require us to examine the morality of the decisions made while others are simply evil acts meant to dominate and destroy. I specifically chose Sinister because he has an obsession with mastering and dominating his victims in a way the others don’t imo. His relentless pursuit of Jean and Cyke is fanatical and his unwillingness to let his Marauders die is terrifying to me. Apocalypse doesn’t make things personal, if you’re fit you live end of story. Selene is pretty awful but she seems mostly like a super powered psychopath, although I have only read a few stories involving her so I could be way off base. Magneto is fighting for his people, he may make some hard choices but he is mostly a sympathetic character. I’d add Nimrod to the list of worst villains as it is a sentient being and has a specific prejudice against mutants.
    Selene tried devouring the souls of the entire world, mutants first.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    This - Selene is actually among the worst of the worst, if you look at it from goals and methods.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    This - Selene is actually among the worst of the worst, if you look at it from goals and methods.
    And is still doing it despite the only law of the island. She truly doesn't care.

Azazel has tried to take over Heaven

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    What's the saying, one murder is a tragedy but do it enough it becomes a statistic?
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.