Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Emma Frost the horse killer.

I don’t have a preference: they are all awful.

But like Jessica Rabbit said: “I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.”
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Mighty Member

It seem confirmed in "New mutants" that the shadow king is in Krakoa,
    I try to improve my english, feel free to correct me by DM if you see some mistakes !

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Conspiracy against the US is “unforgivable”?

Amahl Farouk and Shadow King are two, separate people.
    I always thought that was his real name. Was that retconned/changed?

---

I'd like to add when Selene wanted to give Rachel and Amara to Shaw as slaves. And they were teens and human trafficking of minors eh...

What about Sabertooth? Serial killer/rapist.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I always thought that was his real name. Was that retconned/changed?

---

I'd like to add when Selene wanted to give Rachel and Amara to Shaw as slaves. And they were teens and human trafficking of minors eh...

What about Sabertooth? Serial killer/rapist.
    Define "Real..."

The current lay of the land is that the Shadow King was kicking well before there was ever an Amahl Farouk.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wolverine12 View Post
    What's the saying, one murder is a tragedy but do it enough it becomes a statistic?
    Well Selene for me gets serious competition from Sinister, the only thing worse than leaving only Selene in the world after killing everyone in it is killing everyone to make an entire world of Sinister clones.Guy's megalomania is second to none

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Define "Real..."

The current lay of the land is that the Shadow King was kicking well before there was ever an Amahl Farouk.
    with the last issue of NM they probably want to give a duality to Amahl as in he was a good guy but is inhabited by a dark entity that obviously pre dates him..let's wait and see the backstory they are crafting

Astonishing Member

I gurentree what ever former nazi scientist sinister did beats everyone else.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    I gurentree what ever former nazi scientist sinister did beats everyone else.
    I do believe Sinister is the worst guy on the council for sure.

Ultimate Member

There are a few that are evil and selfish (Selene, Sinister, Shaw, formerly Emma and often Mystique) a few that are ruthless and idealistic (Apocalypse, Magneto, sometimes Xavier) and then there's Exodus, who is just weak like veal.

He gloms onto someone to follow and is fanatical about whatever that charismatic person is on about. If there was a charismatic *good* person for him to glom onto, I suspect he could be a force for good.

But the kind of folk that have that potential to 'inspire' him, Magneto, Apocalypse, Sinister, tend to be built as bad-guys able to threaten the whole team.

There's less narrative need for good-guys with that sort of crazy level of power and charisma (although some versions of Jean Grey or Storm go there, he's not really been established as being forward-thinking enough to 'follow' a strong woman?). Maybe if someone like Vulcan or Mikhail Rasputin built up a creed and a following, he'd be right there in the crowd, all moist-eyed and fanatical, but those dudes also have a tendency to go off the rails, and they'd take him right over the edge with them...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    There are a few that are evil and selfish (Selene, Sinister, Shaw, formerly Emma and often Mystique) a few that are ruthless and idealistic (Apocalypse, Magneto, sometimes Xavier) and then there's Exodus, who is just weak like veal.

He gloms onto someone to follow and is fanatical about whatever that charismatic person is on about. If there was a charismatic *good* person for him to glom onto, I suspect he could be a force for good.

But the kind of folk that have that potential to 'inspire' him, Magneto, Apocalypse, Sinister, tend to be built as bad-guys able to threaten the whole team.

There's less narrative need for good-guys with that sort of crazy level of power and charisma (although some versions of Jean Grey or Storm go there, he's not really been established as being forward-thinking enough to 'follow' a strong woman?). Maybe if someone like Vulcan or Mikhail Rasputin built up a creed and a following, he'd be right there in the crowd, all moist-eyed and fanatical, but those dudes also have a tendency to go off the rails, and they'd take him right over the edge with them...
    to use biblical parlance , Exodus just like his name suggests seems to always be the herald not the 'messianic' figure himself.Maybe because of his knightly past he likes to be the John the Baptist character beating the drum for someone else.I think the day he realises there is no one else to drum to because all have fallen short of his ideal and he finally starts beating the drum for himself is the day of Reckoning.Writers need to get their heads straight and write the story of this epiphany