Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    He was only a few pages away from smacking down Magneto.

That was excellent
    Yep. Nova is on a different level! Glad Al realises this.

Anyone want to buy a 9.0 graded copy of Rich's debut issue? It'll cost you $155!
    https://bleedingcool.com/comics/nova...tage-auctions/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Blue Blazes! If at all possible, I would like it if Rich Rider could interact with his old supporting cast again (especially Ginger Jaye ):
    This series by Eric Larsen and Joe Bennet was too short. And Bennet really killed it in the art (Huge fan of his. Really think he doesn't get the notority and respect he deserves). I was not a fan of Larsen attempt to hammer Rich back into the old mold of his first series, with the same kind of problems and relationships he had with the same supporting cast he had back then, kind of ignoring a lot of further development, but it was an enjoyable series.

Peace

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    This series by Eric Larsen and Joe Bennet was too short. And Bennet really killed it in the art (Huge fan of his. Really think he doesn't get the notority and respect he deserves). I was not a fan of Larsen attempt to hammer Rich back into the old mold of his first series, with the same kind of problems and relationships he had with the same supporting cast he had back then, kind of ignoring a lot of further development, but it was an enjoyable series.

Peace
    Yeah, Larson was aping stories from the first Nova series and did it poorly. I still hate how he damaged Rich's relationship with 'Nita

This series by Eric Larsen and Joe Bennet was too short. And Bennet really killed it in the art (Huge fan of his. Really think he doesn't get the notority and respect he deserves).
    In total agreement with you about both the length of the series & the artwork. Bennett is truly an unsung talent (IMHO):

I was not a fan of Larsen attempt to hammer Rich back into the old mold of his first series, with the same kind of problems and relationships he had with the same supporting cast he had back then, kind of ignoring a lot of further development, but it was an enjoyable series.

Peace
    Completely understandable. All things considered, the 1999 series will always be my personal favorite.
    Last edited by K7P5V; 08-17-2021 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

Nova references in the Guardians of the Galaxy video game.
    https://www.cbr.com/guardians-galaxy...rd-rider-nova/

Apparently Richard is MIA, and has traded in his Worldmind connected helmet for one with it's own Nova Force like Sam's.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nova references in the Guardians of the Galaxy video game.
    https://www.cbr.com/guardians-galaxy...rd-rider-nova/

Apparently Richard is MIA, and has traded in his Worldmind connected helmet for one with it's own Nova Force like Sam's.
    Really cool that they go beyond the vague stuff and he's talked about/referenced through the game, hopefully they follow this storyline they're setting up in a possible sequel and he shows up in a major role.

Extraordinary Member

Marvel Studios Nova Movie Reportedly Beginning Production in 2023
    https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/mc...uction-report/

Pass the salt...

I'll believe that when we have something official.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Pass the salt...

I'll believe that when we have something official.
    Same. We've heard this rumor before. I'll believe it when Fiege says it's happening.

Gods I miss Nova. I miss the DnA series, that's what really got me into the character and elevated him in my eyes. And then, of course, Annihilation, and as far as I'm concerned that made Rich one of the biggest badasses in the MU. I'm still salty that Marvel got rid of Rich just as his star was really starting to rise. I like Sam, but switching characters really ground the franchise's growth to a halt.

Still hoping that movie does materialize sooner rather than later. And they handle it like a buddy cop movie in space with both Rich and Sam headlining. No point in screwing over one or the other when they're both good characters who bring different things to the fold.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.