Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    This is the punishment y'all deserve for giving a billion dollars to a Taxi Driver knock-off.
    This is hilarious and true. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I think adopting the Azzarello/Bermejo aesthetic and characterisations of the Joker OGN would be the way to go. But that would make it too Elseworldsy, I guess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    I've never seen a company sit on character as popular as him
    Joker is profitable so of course they are gonna make more comics featuring him just like how Harley is put into other comics. Its just that why now? Right after all of the mess happening within DC? Right after 3 Jokers being the best selling comics for DC in 2020? Why didnt they give him a solo before characters like Harley?
    Last edited by prepmaster; 12-16-2020 at 09:49 PM.

I hope that he's a straight up villain. Joker as an anti-hero would not sit well with me lol. You can still write a comic starring a villain protagonist

Quote Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
    I hope that he's a straight up villain. Joker as an anti-hero would not sit well with me lol. You can still write a comic starring a villain protagonist
    Tynion's writing it. It's going to be a horror book with Jim as the relatable/sympathetic character going up against the monster that is The Joker.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Tynion's writing it. It's going to be a horror book with Jim as the relatable/sympathetic character going up against the monster that is The Joker.
    Well as a premise, I dig that. IMO Joker is a character where you could really lean into the horror

If that is the take on it I will for sure read it. But I dont know if horror could work with the Joker. Have creepy Killer clowns been done in horror before? Seems kind of risky
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I’m getting some carnage ongoing series flashbacks from the Jim Gordon description
    Well the first two arcs of that one were actually good, the climax not so much.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Remember when he was suddenly 38, jacked, and wearing a mecha Bunny suit? Guess the cigars and late nights really took a toll.
    Looks like all the steroids that Gordon was taking back then had some REALLY nasty side effects...

P.S.: I'm glad you brought that run up otherwise I'd think I hallucinated it.

Spectacular Member

This was inevitable I suppose but I really didn't get much out of Tynion's take on the Joker during Joker War and I don't really know if there is a writer in comics that would get me to pick up a Joker book. I am so very tired of the character. He's losing all his specialness the way DC is just putting him everything and now this.

I'm also not huge on March's art. I think I used to like his work back in the Gotham City Sirens days but it's lost something recently. I don't know if he's been rushed or something, cause a lot of it is kind of sketchy and half-formed these days

I do love Jim Gordon though. If this is really a Jim Gordon book with Joker haunting the edges, maybe I'll pickup the first trade when it comes out.

Extraordinary Member

The Joker #1 Variant by Mark Brooks

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    The Joker #1 Variant by Mark Brooks

Punchline really channeling that classic Harley energy .

Punchline really channeling that classic Harley energy .
    I'm smiling because my batman 89 and hell arisen 3 first prints just keep going up!!! Keep it coming dc...

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Nakano's a big part of all of it, both in what we see in "Future State" and beyond. He's going to be a key character in the Joker series, which will be taking him out of Gotham, and we'll get a new alignment as to how vigilantism will be treated in Gotham City.

Okay, then, let's talk a little bit about the Joker. He's left in pretty bad shape at the conclusion of "Joker War." He's wounded and on the run, and with him getting a new series, it's pretty clear his story isn't over just yet. What can fans expect from this new series?

Abernathy: I think people are going to be taken by surprise. What we're doing has been really thought out. I can't go into many details because there are things happening in March that I can't compromise, but it's an exciting book and not what people are going to expect. There are a lot of twists and turns and is a story of one of the deadliest, craziest humans to ever live who is now probably the most wanted man in the world. Jim Gordon is in pursuit as a sort of aging hero in sort of a "cowboy's last ride" mission, and this is the end cap of what he needs to do. Jim Gordon, almost more than any character in Gotham has suffered a lot at the hands of the Joker, both in terms of himself, his daughter, and his son.

We saw in "Joker War" that Joker is a little upset with Bane.

Abernathy: Hmmm.

It looks like the two of them may be headed toward something of a war. Is there anything you can share about what happens in their relationship in the coming year?

Abernathy: Umm, no, I cannot! (Laughs) You're right! Joker is not really pleased with Bane. Joker lays out exactly what he thinks of Bane in that Joker War Zone story that James and Guillim did, and in a lot of ways *******phs what his thoughts are regarding the killing of Alfred, the impact it had on Damian and everything along those lines. The teaser I shall leave you with is...let's talk again in March! By then, you'll have some of the answers you seek!

https://www.cbr.com/interview-ben-ab...-future-state/

Boing Boing Baggies. Baggie_Saiyan's Avatar

He is still getting big writing gigs????
    "Yes...Mondo Cool"- Vegeta.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baggie_Saiyan View Post
    He is still getting big writing gigs????
    guess it helps when your mentor is scott snyder lol