Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

"The Joker is doing his best to stay several steps ahead of law enforcement overseas, but Jim Gordon, facing retirement, realizes this is the last manhunt of his life and vows to track down Gotham’s worst nemesis, completing his storied career. But there are some mysterious and deadly forces that are also on the hunt for The Joker, and they’re not going to let Gordon slow them down or get in the way."

I'm okay if this book is a villain vs villain kinda thing, but the problem with Joker, in particular, is I'm so used to him suddenly one-upping the other villain without satisfying explanation, that if there's an interest for me to see this book is how to make him NOT a villain sue

"When I was approached by DC about the concept of an ongoing series spotlighting The Joker..."

Of course, this is DC's idea

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I wonder if Bane is part of the crew trying to hunt down the joker since he's on the cover..

At Last! The ost under rated and under used Batman villain gets a book of his own!

Lets be honest as much as people bitch about Joker Fatigue this book will be a huge seller. Its like the whole variant cover thing and crossover events. People bitch like mad about them yet they sell really well.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

What does that mean " a punchline backup" is that like a punch line book as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Witch View Post
    What does that mean " a punchline backup" is that like a punch line book as well?
    If it is like other comic back ups it will be a small Punchline story after the Joker story.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    If it is like other comic back ups it will be a small Punchline story after the Joker story.
    Ah ok, so like in the same book at the end..

Ah ok, so like in the same book at the end..
    Yep! I love when they do that. I loved the old split books back in the day. the Tales of Suspense, Tales to Astonish, and The Avengers Solo book they did in the 90s.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I wonder if Bane is part of the crew trying to hunt down the joker since he's on the cover..
    Maybe Gordon will form his own Task Force X to hunt down Joker...

BANNED

It just shows DC is desperate. Gotta milk that cash cow.

Quote Originally Posted by prepmaster View Post
    It just shows DC is desperate. Gotta milk that cash cow.

I don't see it. They have the biggest villain in all of media, aside from darth Vader and have not given him his own book. The Todd Phillips movie that made a billion dollars and won a best actor oscar clearly shows there is money and acclaim in the character. Just because you're tired of him doesn't mean DC is desperate lmfao.

Aside from popping up in batman comics a few times a year, and animated films here and there I've never seen a company sit on character as popular as him. Sure shirts and **** are made but it's the Joker ffs. This is a long time coming.Now if you want to argue it's not the right creative team etc ,sure I'll follow you down that path. What you just said is wrong and uninformed .

I'm glad we're getting a joker book. The character should be a fun/antihero type. Joker with his face missing was fun for a bit but now it's time to get back to basics and having a book where joker gets to be joker should be fun and interesting..

I don't see it. They have the biggest villain in all of media, aside from darth Vader and have not given him his own book. The Todd Phillips movie that made a billion dollars and won a best actor oscar clearly shows there is money and acclaim in the character. Just because you're tired of him doesn't mean DC is desperate lmfao.

Aside from popping up in batman comics a few times a year, and animated films here and there I've never seen a company sit on character as popular as him. Sure shirts and **** are made but it's the Joker ffs. This is a long time coming.Now if you want to argue it's not the right creative team etc ,sure I'll follow you down that path. What you just said is wrong and uninformed .

I'm glad we're getting a joker book. The character should be a fun/antihero type. Joker with his face missing was fun for a bit but now it's time to get back to basics and having a book where joker gets to be joker should be fun and interesting..
    Joker should never be an anti hero. He should be a crazy killer who does not say sorry. If they go the Anti hero try to redeem him route I will be pretty mad.

I will buy this book but I want to see The Joker doing what he does best. Killing and maiming people.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Joker should never be an anti hero. He should be a crazy killer who does not say sorry. If they go the Anti hero try to redeem him route I will be pretty mad.

I will buy this book but I want to see The Joker doing what he does best. Killing and maiming people.
    You could buy a good Joker story instead. Like The Man who Laughs, Mad Love, Gotham Central or the John Carpenter one shot.

Actually joker as a psychopath is what has got us into this "I'm tired of him " mess.

Perhaps not a full blown antihero but he def will come to the dark knights rescue out of jealousy or because he feels they are connected. Thus heroic. It never fails to amaze me how long the character has been around and how misunderstood he is...

also any character can be anything. You don't get to decide how a character is written. Lmfao. Joker "maiming people and killing people" is not what he does best...like at all. Lmfao

Edit- ignore list can't see response!!!
    Last edited by Bad Witch; 12-16-2020 at 10:45 AM.

You are right I dont get to decide how a character is written. But I have a right to say how I like seeing the character as does everyone else. I dont like BatGod/Batdick. I like him a little more lu=ight hearted like in the 60's and 70's. Others like Dark batgod and that is fine.

I am not tired of Joker being a psychopath at all. I am kind of tired of him showing up ever 5 seconds. But I do not mid him being a psychopath and killer because that is how he works best IMO. Saving Batman out of Jealously does not make him heroic.

I just dont like seeing villains written as some Dark Good guy Anti hero or given some tragic back story to make me feel bad for him and give a reason for why he does what he does. Some times a bad guy is just a crazy dick and that is how I like my Joker.

Actually joker as a psychopath is what has got us into this "I'm tired of him " mess.

Perhaps not a full blown antihero but he def will come to the dark knights rescue out of jealousy or because he feels they are connected. Thus heroic. It never fails to amaze me how long the character has been around and how misunderstood he is...

also any character can be anything. You don't get to decide how a character is written. Lmfao. Joker "maiming people and killing people" is not what he does best...like at all. Lmfao

Edit- ignore list can't see response!!!
    I think Joker the extremely over the top serial killer has become overplayed even if I don't think I could ever see him as a hero by any stretch of the imagination. He'd probably laugh if anyone ever thought of him that way.