Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You know Hal is the kind of sonnuvabitch who suggest strip poker while wearing a ring that will let him conjure 43 layers of clothing.
    And then all they have to do, is tell him to remove the ring .

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    And then all they have to do, is tell him to remove the ring .
    You know Hal is also the kind of sonnuvabitch who doesn't know that's how it works.

Fantastic Member

This story makes zero sense to me. So apparently the Synmar thought Superman would be some kind of threat, so they trained Alkor to be a soldier to fight him. Later the Synmar find out Superman isn't a threat... And Alkor starts a civil war on his planet... so why does Alkor bring him to their planet? He says it's to inspire the people, but this makes zero sense to me. I really have no idea what this was all about. Can someone explain?

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QqOripJER4

JL deconstruction, Seth McFarlane style. Bendis eat your heart out, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I mean that's probably how I'd write Justice League so I'm all-in I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Honestly after Snyder’s never ending escalations the JL could use a few poker nights
    I'm fine with downtime moments. I liked Arthur and Diana talking about their rooms in the Hall of Justice in Snyder's run or stuff like Barry and Cyborg getting to know one another in Johns' JL or Cyborg and Shazam bonding, but I just want it to mean something and actually build up stuff rather than shooting the breeze to fill out page space.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine with downtime moments. I liked Arthur and Diana talking about their rooms in the Hall of Justice in Snyder's run or stuff like Barry and Cyborg getting to know one another in Johns' JL or Cyborg and Shazam bonding, but I just want it to mean something and actually build up stuff rather than shooting the breeze to fill out page space.
    Again, never let me write Justice League.

Reis was born to draw Superman! Fingers crossed he’s the one doing the art on the rumored Superman event next year.

As far as Bendis’ run, overall I wasn’t a big fan. Long drawn out stories that didn’t lead to great conclusions. The less said about Rogol Zar and his Jor El the better. I will say that I loved the voice he gave to Superman. The perfect blend of courageous, confident, and humble with some sharp wit thrown in.

I think the most significant thing that happened during his run was the creation of the United Planets. DC’s cosmic side of things has been seriously lacking and this could create a huge boost in story potential. Getting to see something that is an institution in the Legion world, here in its infancy could be a lot of fun. Though the whole thing was sullied by the fact Bendis gave Jon credit for creating the UP.

Can someone clarify what happened with Synmar was created as a deterrent against Superman. In the first issue he sees his people massacred and an image of Superman on the screen which leads him to earth to seek revenge. Then in this issue it seems like he was the one that killed everyone and he brought Supes to the planet as...inspiration? Maybe it was their unusual way of speaking that confused me.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post

Can someone clarify what happened with Synmar was created as a deterrent against Superman. In the first issue he sees his people massacred and an image of Superman on the screen which leads him to earth to seek revenge. Then in this issue it seems like he was the one that killed everyone and he brought Supes to the planet as...inspiration? Maybe it was their unusual way of speaking that confused me.
    Yeah, I'd like someone to clarify too. It was just a bizarre plot. How was bringing Superman there going to inspire... and which side was it going to inspire... Made no sense to me.

I didn't get those bizarre aliens. They all looked like identical lobster men. I couldn't tell them apart. And they all talked too much in reverse word balloons. I don't understand why I should care about these aliens. That's pretty bad after I spent 20 bucks or so wondering why I should care about them.

Quote Originally Posted by captchuck View Post
    I didn't get those bizarre aliens. They all looked like identical lobster men. I couldn't tell them apart. And they all talked too much in reverse word balloons. I don't understand why I should care about these aliens. That's pretty bad after I spent 20 bucks or so wondering why I should care about them.
    Yeah at first I thought they were unique and cool, but after a while I seriously couldn't tell them apart, so I wasn't able to fully grasp where the divide was amongst them. Glad I'm not alone here, thought maybe it was just me, ha.