Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Riddler vs Marvel Street-Levelers

The Riddler comes to NYC Marvel 616, and after getting a sense of how things operate, begins a string of crimes. These range from museum thefts, to the kidnapping and murder of corrupt high society socialites and politicians.

He leaves the usual kinds of clues, geared towards a Batman-level intellect.

Let's further assume Riddler at his best, as opposed to any jobber versions.

What happens? Which, if any, of the NYC Marvel street-levelers can stop him?

Daredevil would have the best chance. Matt is extremely intelligent, though not as smart as Batman, and his heightened senses offer the possibility of picking up on clues that the Riddler didn't intend to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellhead View Post
    Daredevil would have the best chance. Matt is extremely intelligent, though not as smart as Batman, and his heightened senses offer the possibility of picking up on clues that the Riddler didn't intend to leave.
    Is Peter Parker not a Street-Leveler anymore?
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

I dunno. How many subway cars do street-levelers usually lift?

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Agree with Shellhead for Matt being a good starting point for 'someone who has a decent chance before too much chaos happens'.

Parker wouldn't be horrible, either, once he figured out the MO. He's smart, sensible, and pretty good at coming up with solutions. He'd have a chance at pulling it off.

I don't think either of them would do as well as Batman, mind.

Edit: If we're (sensibly) tossing out Peter, fair enough.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

I dunno. How many subway cars do street-levelers usually lift?

At least one, from the look of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Agree with Shellhead for Matt being a good starting point for 'someone who has a decent chance before too much chaos happens'.

Parker wouldn't be horrible, either, once he figured out the MO. He's smart, sensible, and pretty good at coming up with solutions. He'd have a chance at pulling it off.

I don't think either of them would do as well as Batman, mind.

Edit: If we're (sensibly) tossing out Peter, fair enough.
    Riddler might give up if Peter starts quipping back, though.
    Yeah, but if you... man, we're getting into weird analogy territory, like if you disintegrated Superman's arms he wouldn't be able to go "fool! Little did you know that my arms and I are one and can be remade from me!" and will his arms back into being from pure nothingness. - Pendaran

Arx Inosaan

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Ditto Wolverine, depending on whether he is being written as a super spy ninja or drunk thug that day.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    Ditto Wolverine, depending on whether he is being written as a super spy ninja or drunk thug that day.
    Honestly both would work out.

Arx Inosaan

Somehow I think that the Riddler would have a mental breakdown if he was apprehended by Wolverine.

Somehow I think that the Riddler would have a mental breakdown if he was apprehended by Wolverine.
    "He solved a riddle that was two riddles, how is that possible."

Arx Inosaan

What do you think would be more infuriating for Riddler, if Wolverine admitted that he didn't even bother with the riddles, he just tracked the guy by smell OR if Riddler tried to use something for clues that Wolverine was surprisingly knowledge about?

"What, ya' think I don't know anything about (obscure 1920s French Author) I used to play poker with that guy."

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    What do you think would be more infuriating for Riddler, if Wolverine admitted that he didn't even bother with the riddles, he just tracked the guy by smell OR if Riddler tried to use something for clues that Wolverine was surprisingly knowledge about?

"What, ya' think I don't know anything about (obscure 1920s French Author) I used to play poker with that guy."
    If the museum exhibits he's robbing are Japanese-themed, there's a decent chance that Logan will be on site for unrelated reasons when Riddler starts the caper.

Honestly though, barring PIS, Riddler would take a week to familiarize himself with Marvel NYC and then decide to move somewhere else since there's a decent chance that you could field a fairly high-level superteam from the heroes and villains you can run into just buying lunch in Marvel NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

In the second scenario, Riddler would be surprised but then realize that he underestimated his opponent.

In the first scenario, Riddler would be like: "NO. NO. NO. You can't... that isn't..." and then get hauled off in a straitjacket.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu_of_R'lyeh View Post
    "He solved a riddle that was two riddles, how is that possible."
    The trick is to be a super spy ninja and a drunk thug at the same time.

The trick is to be a super spy ninja and a drunk thug at the same time.
    So that is what Wolverine means when he says "I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do isn't very nice."