Default Akira Fudo (Devilman) vs Inuyasha (Inuyasha) vs Etrigan (DC Comics)

It's a bloody battle in brimstone! Which of these three Hellspawned Heroes will come out on top?
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I don't know a lot about all three of these, but I'm going to put something out there for starters.

Etrigan takes punches in the face from Superman, and comes back by punching Clark all the way to the moon. How the others doing by comparison?
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Which version of Devilman?

There are like... three I think?

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I don't know a lot about all three of these, but I'm going to put something out there for starters.

Etrigan takes punches in the face from Superman, and comes back by punching Clark all the way to the moon. How the others doing by comparison?
    If he's not blitzed, then Inu Yasha's best bet is to use his dimension dumping/portal cutting sword to BFR/dice anything that isn't resistant to dimensional shenanigans. Though in the case of his upgraded portal cutting move, that actually worked on a version of Naraku who was able to no-sell the OG version of the dimension-dump/portal cut move, then let him be able to jump straight into the world inside the artifact that gave Naraku that ability... even though it was hiding inside a pocket dimension at the time... after having jumped 500 years into the future first.

Or if Etrigan and Devilman count as youkai, he might be able to cut their youketsu (the source of power for a Youkai, located in their aura) and oneshot them, though it seems unlikely that they would have the same power mechanics as his own universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Which version of Devilman?

There are like... three I think?
    Devilman is... a confusing canon to say the least

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    If he's not blitzed, then Inu Yasha's best bet is to use his dimension dumping/portal cutting sword to BFR/dice anything that isn't resistant to dimensional shenanigans. Though in the case of his upgraded portal cutting move, that actually worked on a version of Naraku who was able to no-sell the OG version of the dimension-dump/portal cut move, then let him be able to jump straight into the world inside the artifact that gave Naraku that ability... even though it was hiding inside a pocket dimension at the time... after having jumped 500 years into the future first.

Or if Etrigan and Devilman count as youkai, he might be able to cut their youketsu (the source of power for a Youkai, located in their aura) and oneshot them, though it seems unlikely that they would have the same power mechanics as his own universe.
    Etrigan has, at times, pulled the dimension dump schtick himself by opening portals to other dimensions (not just 'poofing' people there, but actually opening a gate and sending people into that other dimension). He has also cast spells that have sent people (Superman) back in time. I think there's SOME argument at least that he can deal with being dumped into another dimension.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

Are we counting the all-Nagai material ie. Devilman VS Shin Getter/Mazinger Z VS Devilman/Devilman VS Hades?

I'd only consider Devilman, Devilman vs Hades, and Shin Devilman
    There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire" and "I need to reload.".

I like to think the 90s was the time when comics hit puberty. They’d grown out of being endearing but hadn’t yet figured out where to channel their emotions to not be utterly whiny cocks. -Beadle

Not really familiar with Devilman. But I can't help but feel Inuyasha is in over his head in this one. Etrigan not only has his demonic powers (being a grandson of Trigon), but his physical prowess has had him go head to head with Supes. With the advantage.

I don't think Inu Yasha can do the one shot spiritual kill thing. That's a Tensaiga sword attack and it's not currently in his possession. Seshoumaru was trolled for most of the series by carrying around the sword

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Etrigan has, at times, pulled the dimension dump schtick himself by opening portals to other dimensions (not just 'poofing' people there, but actually opening a gate and sending people into that other dimension). He has also cast spells that have sent people (Superman) back in time. I think there's SOME argument at least that he can deal with being dumped into another dimension.
    Sounds like Inu Yasha should probably just skip trying to dimension/time dump Etrigan and only try to portal cut him and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuro View Post
    I don't think Inu Yasha can do the one shot spiritual kill thing. That's a Tensaiga sword attack and it's not currently in his possession. Seshoumaru was trolled for most of the series by carrying around the sword
    That's a different thing related to how Tenseiga being a sword of the afterlife lets it slash souls. I'm talking about the Dragonscale Tessaiga's ability to slash/absorb the youketsu that youkai generate their power from (the one he got after having a really good, IMO, training arc where he had to learn how to perceive youketsus in the first place), which probably isn't going to work in this this situation due to a difference in universal mechanics.