Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Superia... wasn’t that what Marston was going to originally call WW before he settled on “Wonder Woman” as her name? I like the change, it helps eliminate confusion over the Earth 0 Superwoman (whoever has the mantle at the time).

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Superia... wasn’t that what Marston was going to originally call WW before he settled on “Wonder Woman” as her name? I like the change, it helps eliminate confusion over the Earth 0 Superwoman (whoever has the mantle at the time).
    Oh yeah. I had forgotten about that. It is far more fitting for a villain anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's not a name change, it's an entirely different character. Superia is Donna Troy, not Lois Lane who CSA's Superwoman usually is.
    Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    She was referred to as Super Woman in the solicitation for the first issue as well as in interviews, so while yes she is a different character in that she's Donna Troy, they appear to have changed her alter ego as well.
    Superia... wasn’t that what Marston was going to originally call WW before he settled on “Wonder Woman” as her name? I like the change, it helps eliminate confusion over the Earth 0 Superwoman (whoever has the mantle at the tie).
    Marston's original name was Superia, the Wonder Woman for the character we now know as Wonder Woman.

The solicitation for the character Superwoman looked similar but different than the cover for ish 2 Superia. Superwoman is Wonder Woman analog not Donna Troy, which means Superia may indeed be Donna Troy analog.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Though Kara's using it in Future State, in present day continuity, the Superwoman mantle is vacant, following Lana Lang's depowering at the end of her Rebirth book. Where would the confusion come from if nobody else is using the name?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I hope they aren't world conquerors like under Morrison... they're so much more fun as glorified mobsters and thieves, in my opinion, haha!
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Though Kara's using it in Future State, in present day continuity, the Superwoman mantle is vacant, following Lana Lang's depowering at the end of her Rebirth book. Where would the confusion come from if nobody else is using the name?
    Kara may end up taking the name, there’s a Superman event coming in Sept that will hopefully spin out a book for here. I’d like to see her graduate to “Superwoman” honestly.

They'd need to create a new Supergirl if they do that, to maintain the trademark. But hey, that can bear good fruit (Marvel needed a new Ms. Marvel when Carol became Captain Marvel, and look where Kamala is now, with her own TV show).
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    I hope they aren't world conquerors like under Morrison... they're so much more fun as glorified mobsters and thieves, in my opinion, haha!
    But if someone had the powers and morality of Ultraman, don’t you think they’d try to take over the world?

Or they could just be a petty *******.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Marston's original name was Superia, the Wonder Woman for the character we now know as Wonder Woman.

The solicitation for the character Superwoman looked similar but different than the cover for ish 2 Superia. Superwoman is Wonder Woman analog not Donna Troy, which means Superia may indeed be Donna Troy analog.
    Of late CSA Superwoman has been Lois Lane, the most recent was under Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Of late CSA Superwoman has been Lois Lane, the most recent was under Bendis.
    Superwoman has taken the human name of Lois Lane in the past; she was not a lois lane counterpart.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Superwoman has taken the human name of Lois Lane in the past; she was not a lois lane counterpart.
    In this particular instance, it was Lois Lane since Jon Kent was trapped there for a few years after Jor-El hoped to take him on a summer vacation space adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    In this particular instance, it was Lois Lane since Jon Kent was trapped there for a few years after Jor-El hoped to take him on a summer vacation space adventure.
    Regardless, this version of Superwoman, the Superwoman of the Crime Syndicate, was created to be an evil version of Wonder Woman.

Yes, there have been other versions of Superwoman, most of whom, if not all, who were not villainesses.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    But if someone had the powers and morality of Ultraman, don’t you think they’d try to take over the world?
    I don't.

Think about what that means, "the morality of Ultraman." When we first met the Syndicate their motivation was boredom. They like being chased by the cops, they like the thrill of the hunt, cat and mouse games. They could want influence, maybe, but they don't want the world. If they feel too on top of things, they start to feel they're getting soft, and they go looking for trouble. That's like the opposite of wanting total domination.

More importantly than in character motives though are how they work structurally. A story about dictators will always play out very differently from a story about the mafia, and the former is much more generic to me.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Thing is that in that case, we need the Justice Underground to be a far stronger team than they are. Because if the Crime Syndicate continues to completely dominate their world, than the cops and the military andbthe government stand no chance.