Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    dc-crime-syndicate-explained/

Some surprises.

Why can't TPTB give Johnny Quick a good costume?!?
    At first I was surprised at Johnny's "costume", but they may be going with the drugged-out punk kid or something like that and so the look? I liked his last look with the cool silver helmet.

So Superwoman in now Donna Troy

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    Don't know if Superwoman is "supposed to be" Donna Troy, or if Donna Troy is just her human name.....

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I was really hoping they would flesh out Earth 3 some more and we would see some new takes on past members of the CSA like Deathstorm (Firestorm), Deadeye (Green Arrow), Sea King (Aquaman), Blood Eagle (Hawkman), White Martian (Martian Manhunter), and White Cat (Black Canary).

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Can someone explain Power Ring's symbol to me? Is it an X? Is it a Butterfly?
    Has anyone ever explained this? I mean if it's either of these two things I still don't get the meaning. What does it have to do with the character?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Has anyone ever explained this? I mean if it's either of these two things I still don't get the meaning. What does it have to do with the character?
    Not sure, but I do know that the symbol used to be inside a triangle. And Power Ring's power ring used to be triangular, rather than circular. But I believe that changed 1 or 2 incarnations ago. Do not know if this Power Ring (Emerald Knight?) has a triangular ring or not.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Having Donna take over the Superwoman role is an interesting twist. Wonder how they will play it out. If that's really her.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    Ughhhhh!

The main universe is rarely kind to Donna Troy, let alone the multiverse.

SAVE DONNA TROY!

Whoops. CBR originally reported that this team had a black version of Hal Jordan. It isn't. As you'd expect, the Emerald Knight is in fact John Stewart.
    https://www.cbr.com/dc-crime-syndica...ck-hal-jordan/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Seems like clickbait is far more important than doing the slightest bit of research first and contact the author about what the deal with the "black Hal" actually was. Evidently that would be too much to ask for people who write for this site.
    Last edited by Johnny; 12-18-2020 at 07:40 AM.

Astonishing Member

I am thrilled that the CSA are being developed as their own characters instead of 'the evil counterparts from the mirror universe'. This has promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    Seems like clickbait is far more important than doing the slightest bit of research first and contact the author about what the deal with the "black Hal" actually was. Evidently that would be too much to ask for people who write for this site.
    Especially when a CSA John has happened before (page from 2004's JLA #107)
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

I'm surprised no one has posted the solicitation copy for issue 2 yet. It seems one character may be getting a name change? Not sure how I feel about that yet...large-7502488.jpg
    With Starro ravaging the planet and controlling superheroes and villains alike, the fate of the world rests in the hands of Ultraman, Superia, and Owlman—in other words, win or lose, humanity is doomed!
    Question of the month: What famous Gotham foes are held in Owlman's cave?
    Plus, in the backup story, witness the origin of Owlman in a tale illustrated by superstar artist Bryan Hitch

It's not a name change, it's an entirely different character. Superia is Donna Troy, not Lois Lane who CSA's Superwoman usually is.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's not a name change, it's an entirely different character. Superia is Donna Troy, not Lois Lane who CSA's Superwoman usually is.
    She was referred to as Super Woman in the solicitation for the first issue as well as in interviews, so while yes she is a different character in that she's Donna Troy, they appear to have changed her alter ego as well.