Spectacular Member

Default DC Universe Infinite - What will you do about new comics?

When we get DC Universe Infinite, new comics will take 6 months to be put on. Will you wait them 6 months for new comics or will you still read new comics as soon as they come out?

It depends on the comic, I think. Some things you don't want to wait that long. But there are plenty that I would be fine waiting for - especially if it's included with the package and you don't have to pay extra for the new ones.

Thank God for back issues.since 2010 I've been collecting stuff I never read before like Infinity Inc.some classic DC comic presents.Brave and Bold and Worlds Finest and some Wonder Woman stuff.DC should probably get Back to Basics.and stop tryn to over due w certain Characters and Teams.so unless its something that i'm instrested in i'm good w just reading stuff from the past.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'm a collector on top of reader so it won't impact me. I still use DCU (and have signed up for infinite) because it makes reading on my tablet at night a breeze. I use it to reread stuff I loved in bed a few issues a night, or stuff I missed. I still prefer print, though, so in the daytime when I read it's TPBs or floppies. The six month wait I'll use for books I can't justify purchasing or don't have enough interest in to buy.

But being able to read in bed with the lights off in case your partner wants to get some sleep? And something as durable as a tablet you won't ruin by sleeping on and therefor putting a crease in? Pretty rad. If you're thinking "who can afford a tablet, though" I got a Kindle fire HD for like $60 on a sale and it works. Essentially a down payment but it paid for itself several times over since.

I've tried using it to read on my phone and PC, though, and it just doesn't work for me.
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-28-2020 at 10:52 PM.

I’ve been waiting 12 months for new comics, so 6 won’t bother me at all.
    Especially since I mostly read pre-2011 comics.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Is there a reason for the 6 month wait? I feel like thats way too long in 2020.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Is there a reason for the 6 month wait? I feel like that's way too long in 2020.
    To keep the comic shops open.
    To have the comics up for sale on Comixology so DC gets some kind of profit from the books digitally before they go to the DC Universe buffet table, where people pay just $8 a month (the price of about two comics) to read everything.

I could see them offering a one month wait, but the cost for that would have to be like $25-50 a month to keep them from losing money.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.