Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Superman: Red & Blue Announced

Here we go!

In the spirit of Batman: Black & White, comics' top storytellers present fresh new visions of the Man of Steel in Superman: Red & Blue, debuting in March!

Details: https://bit.ly/2Kyzcrt
    6 issue miniseries anthology featuring a variety of creators in the same spirit as Batman: Black & White! One of the first stories is by John Ridley, which I’m very excited for, I thought he had a very interesting handle on Superman in The Other Side of DC History.
    Last edited by Vordan; 12-16-2020 at 07:10 AM.

Extraordinary Member

There's some good stuff in there, keep giving us new voices instead of the endless cycle of retreads DC.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Yeah, looks like an interesting project, lots of new-ish talent. That top cover is awesome! I'm pretty excited for the Watters/Dani story, been reading Coffin Bound since the beginning and their style is pretty cool, could make for a pretty unique take on Superman. Also pretty pumped for the Lieber art.

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Yeah, looks like an interesting project, lots of new-ish talent. That top cover is awesome! I'm pretty excited for the Watters/Dani story, been reading Coffin Bound since the beginning and their style is pretty cool, could make for a pretty unique take on Superman. Also pretty pumped for the Lieber art.
    I’ve heard high praise for Watters, his Lucifer series was brilliant apparently. Excited for his Future State work and this.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

What a beautiful Frank cover.

Sounds like a nice little creator showcase, not bad to have a side project on top of new runs.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

Looks pretty cool. Covers are awesome. I'm up for this.

Just two negative points for me. I really didnt like Other history of DCU so not excited for Ridley. As well as 6 bucks is a bit pricey. Hope the page count makes it worth it.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Looks good just don't want it to go the way of superman confidential or Adventures of superman vol2

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

YES! This is exactly the kind of thing I wish they'd do more of! I was going to get Batman B&W but I think I'll wait and get this instead!
    Assassinate Putin!

About time! Happy to finally have a new Superman anthology book .

Wink

For a hot second, I thought this was the long-anticipated return of the Electric Red & Blue Supermen.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-16-2020 at 11:11 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    For a hot second, I thought this was the long-anticipated return of the Electric Red & Blue Supermen.
    Lmao they should 100% give Jurgens a story here to write a return to that.

Also I hope Waid gets a story here if he’s not doing a BL book, would like to get more Superman stories from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Lmao they should 100% give Jurgens a story here to write a return to that.

Also I hope Waid gets a story here if he’s not doing a BL book, would like to get more Superman stories from him.
    That would be hilariously epic.

Agreed, I want to see more Superman stories from Waid ASAP. While I eagerly await Johnson's run, I can't help but feel Waid got shafted (yet) again.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    That would be hilariously epic.

Agreed, I want to see more Superman stories from Waid ASAP. While I eagerly await Johnson's run, I can't help but feel Waid got shafted (yet) again.
    As a fan of young Jon and the marriage I don’t know if Waid would be to your taste honestly. He wanted the marriage undone once upon a time. I myself would like to see a follow up to Birthright as a Superman Black Label book, and hopefully that’s still a possibility.

It would be kind of funny if they have this anthology and do an actual Superman Red and Blue story .

Nice! This is something I'll definitely be grabbing.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El