Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Oh wait nevermind, I thought JRJR was on a story, didn't check the solicit in full to see he was just on a cover. Oh well, still stand by what I initially wrote, if he did have interior work, it'd probably be good since this isn't a monthly.

Really look forward to Waid's story. Though I still haven't been able to grab issue 1 yet!
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 03-19-2021 at 11:33 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

The pairings for #4 seem to be Waid/Mok, Williamson/Sprouse, Douek/Quinones, Conrad/Hamner, and Manapul on his own.
    Buh-bye

Douek is an interesting choice, heard good stuff about his creator owned work but I haven’t read any myself. Think this is his first Big 2 work. He seems to love Superman so fingers crossed.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    The pairings for #4 seem to be Waid/Mok, Williamson/Sprouse, Douek/Quinones, Conrad/Hamner, and Manapul on his own.
    Mok on Superman was something I never knew I wanted. She killed it on Archie and Josie and the Pussycats so this could be fun.

Manapul on Superman is already a must-buy. I don't care if it's just 8 pages of pinups, I'm there.

Mok seems like a good fit for the young Clark tale I’m guessing Waid will want to tell:

Heh I wonder how Waid feels about Venditti getting to write Reeve Supes? Probably green with envy.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Stellar team all around .

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Well that’s one writer you guys can rely on to show Superman doing cool s*** lol. Hope this isn’t all Waid is doing.
    Jesus I love the first cover

The glaring eyesore of those stupid gauntlets aside #1 is indeed beautiful.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm just saying, at least Romita knows how to draw feet.
    Ah yes, but does he know how to draw massive shoulder pads, pouches, and utility belts?

Although, full disclosure, I have been enjoying Liefeld's Snake Eyes book.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Ah yes, but does he know how to draw massive shoulder pads, pouches, and utility belts?

Although, full disclosure, I have been enjoying Liefeld's Snake Eyes book.
    Yeah but Snake Eyes has no facial features and is half pouches.
    Assassinate Putin!

Extraordinary Member

Bleeding Cool: Marvel/DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes To Superman, Miles Morales & Valkyries
    Superman Red & Blue #2 will now feature a story by Steven T. Seagle and Duncan Rouleau and will be available in stores on the 20th of April.

The Robert Venditti and Althea Martinez story will be moving into Superman Red & Blue #3, which has an FOC date of the 18th of April and will be in stores on the 18th of May.

Cool, seems like Seagle & Venditti switched spots for some reason?

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-d...n-story-again/

Looks like Venditti's spot got moved yet again. Wonder what's up with that?

On another note, sweet robot punching action on that cover!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Thomas wrote that fantastic Man of Tomorrow issue with the Key invading the Fortress of Solitude, I’m happy as hell to see him writing Superman again.