Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    I just noticed Bizarro is flying downwards rather than upwards! Looking at all the details on this entire cover is just a delight.
    Yeah good catch. Fantastic cover, could look at this one for hours.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Hell of a cover!
    Lots of Supes. Amazing!

Incredible Member

Doc Shaner is a blessing. Solicit sounds fine too; how could I reject the glorious return of Streaky?

Only disappointing part of the new solicits is I was hoping Yang would get a story, but I suppose he’s plenty busy with B/S and Shang-Chi. Otherwise though I’m excited, the next couple of issues sound great!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Only disappointing part of the new solicits is I was hoping Yang would get a story, but I suppose he’s plenty busy with B/S and Shang-Chi. Otherwise though I’m excited, the next couple of issues sound great!
    I was so sure they'd give him one and I'm at a loss for words that they passed. Come on!

I'm not sure if he really needs it since it looks like he can do whatever he wants to Batman/Superman.

As for the cover, amazing work.

The covers for this series have kinda been my biggest disappointment. But that Shaner one makes up for them all. That’s amazing.

Hell of a cover!
    Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    I just noticed Bizarro is flying downwards rather than upwards! Looking at all the details on this entire cover is just a delight.
    There a lot of details to enjoy this cover: not only the Legion of Super-Pets but also the uncoming Superman from the Authority, Super-Man (Kenan Kong), Superman Beyond, One Million, Kingdom Come, New Frontier, the multiversals, electric Blue and Red, New 52 armor and jeans, black suit mullet, and that on top is Kirk Alyn or Georges Reeves?
    But alas, no Sunshine Superman.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    and that on top is Kirk Alyn or Georges Reeves?
    But alas, no Sunshine Superman.
    If by guy on top you mean the guy right above Kal Kent, that's actually All-Star Superman according to Doc. And Sunshine doesn't have space to be in the image properly but his fist is extending out to the left right above Conner, much as Lana/Superwoman's is emerging from the bottom of the image around Steel's leg. He also mentioned wanting to include the Secret Identity Clark but not having space, so we can assume he's among the indistinguishable backround Supermen and Superwomen.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    If by guy on top you mean the guy right above Kal Kent, that's actually All-Star Superman according to Doc.
    That one exactly! Thanks for the clarification. Now I think than All Star should had used the simplified S proposed by Morrison years ago.

And Sunshine doesn't have space to be in the image properly but his fist is extending out to the left right above Conner, much as Lana/Superwoman's is emerging from the bottom of the image around Steel's leg.
    You sure? I thought of that too, but it could be also the hand of Superman of earth D. Lana's hand is more recognizable thanks to her sleeve.

He also mentioned wanting to include the Secret Identity Clark but not having space, so we can assume he's among the indistinguishable backround Supermen and Superwomen.
    I think it could be the one on the face of Allen Adam.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

You sure? I thought of that too, but it could be also the hand of Superman of earth D. Lana's hand is more recognizable thanks to her sleeve.
    Doc mentioned it, in either a Tweet or on Tumblr - that's where I got my own clarifications.

I think it could be the one on the face of Allen Adam.
    That one's Superwoman from Earth 11.
    Buh-bye

Thanks for the clarifications.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

In addition to the general awesomeness of everything going on in this cover, Clark's inviting, "come along for the ride" pose is just great.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    In addition to the general awesomeness of everything going on in this cover, Clark's inviting, "come along for the ride" pose is just great.
    Right? It radiates "world's chillest dude" energy.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/