Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member WallyWestFlash's Avatar

So as usual most of the stories here were pretty forgettable.

Than i got to the last one "Generations". Wow. So well done. That was amazing. Showing Pa Kents doubts and how he raised clark with love and how he passes it on to Clark to pass it on to the rest of the world. Short. Simple. But extremely powerful.
    My name is Wally West. I"m the fastest man alive. I"m the Flash.

Favorite Heroes - 1-Flash/Wally West, 2-Superman, 3-Green Lantern/Hal Jordan, 4-Nightwing, 5-Hawkman, 6-Firestorm, 7-Supergirl/Linda Danvers, 8-Zatanna, 9-Robin/Tim Drake

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I thought the last one was the best issue thus far, but this issue was even better. This series has been hit or miss, but their batting average is only improving as they go.

This issue didn't have a single bad story and the final Pa Kent tale had me teared up by the end. Bravo to everyone involved.

So is it good or not?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So is it good or not?
    Was my post really that vague?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    So is it good or not?
    From what I've seen, the consensus seems to be that "Generations" is the highlight and everything else is either forgettable or almost as good as Generations (I haven't seen people singling out other stories as specially good or specially bad, it's either all good or all bad).

Generations really was a fantastic story. I think it's the fifth consecutive Pa Kent story we've gotten in these, but it's by far the best.

I'll echo the thought that if we don't get a Lois centered story in the last issue, that's some BS after getting Jimmy, Krypto, and like 5 Pa Kent tales. Was there a Ma Kent story? I can't recall, but that will also be a glaring oversight if she gets left out as well.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
    Generations really was a fantastic story. I think it's the fifth consecutive Pa Kent story we've gotten in these, but it's by far the best.

I'll echo the thought that if we don't get a Lois centered story in the last issue, that's some BS after getting Jimmy, Krypto, and like 5 Pa Kent tales. Was there a Ma Kent story? I can't recall, but that will also be a glaring oversight if she gets left out as well.
    There was one in the second issue where Martha is talking with some neighbours and defending that Clark is every bit her son, blood relation or not.

I figure at the end of this we can tally up what kind of stories we got and have as certain knowledge as we're going to get of what kind of (standalone) stories DC writers are interested in telling with Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    There was one in the second issue where Martha is talking with some neighbours and defending that Clark is every bit her son, blood relation or not.

I figure at the end of this we can tally up what kind of stories we got and have as certain knowledge as we're going to get of what kind of (standalone) stories DC writers are interested in telling with Superman.
    I recall that Martha one now.

I think this would be more on the editors than the writers. A lot are going for the low hanging fruit of "prestige" type stories, which is why we've gotten so many of the same general concept. It's the editors fault for not saying, "hey we have had 4 Pa Kent stories, we need something a little different. Or we've had 5 stories about Superman being inspired by regular people, do you have anything else?"

I think this format is great for incorporating Jimmy, Krypto, etc. features. It's just the fact that they didn't seem to think Lois warranted one that irks, but does not surprise, me.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I have generally been enjoying this series so far but def did not like this one nearly as much as the previous issues. Thought it was bookended pretty well, though.

Fetch: quite liked it, and I don’t even have a dog. Short, sweet, and heartwarming.

Deescalation: meh. Clark’s voice was pretty good (can hear Chris Reeve saying the lines) but just felt a bit to out of the box and canned.

Your Favorite: another meh. Cool idea, just wasn’t all that impressive.

Red Son… Blue Dot: meh and kind of pointless. Liked the top and bottom border framing and liked the shared experience of demise among Kryptonians line but otherwise just another generic origin.

Generations: ditto to what’s been said, pretty great. A memorable Pa Kent story for sure, and the one that will likely be remembered from this issue. Would like to see more from DWJ on Supes.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Krypto is life.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

So I just got done reading it. My observations:

Fetch: Short, but I liked it. And I'm not a Krypto fan. Had a very Smallville feel to it. The ship even looked like the one from Smallville.

De-escalation: Loved this! Clark saves the day, not Superman. This is very clever. And he has a very Chris Reeve look. The art has a very John Paul Leon look to it.

Your Favorite: The weak story of the bunch. Sprouse is hit or miss and this one was kind of a miss.

Blue Dot: Meh. If this was part of a REAL origin, maybe it would ring a little better. But it's not.

Generations: WHY IS IT SO DUSTY IN HERE?! SO DUSTY! DAMN YOU ONION NINJAS!
    Assassinate Putin!

Somehow I never announced that I’m doing a Superman Red and Blue with the insanely amazing and incredible, @PaoloMRivera! And now it’s out next week and it’s a story I love and **** it is gorgeous. Seriously. Gorgeous.
    https://twitter.com/tomkingtk/status...918464002?s=21
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

https://twitter.com/stevepughcom/sta...276551691?s=21
    hey i got a story in superman red and blue #6 written by darcie little badger!

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

That panel is incredible.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Extraordinary Member

Superman Red and Blue #6 Preview
    Writers: Sophie Campbell, Matt Wagner, Tom King, Darcie Little Badger and Rex Ogle
    Artists: Sophie Campbell, Matt Wagner, Paolo Rivera, Steve Pugh and Mike Norton