Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    As a fan of young Jon and the marriage I don’t know if Waid would be to your taste honestly. He wanted the marriage undone once upon a time. I myself would like to see a follow up to Birthright as a Superman Black Label book, and hopefully that’s still a possibility.
    Granted, but I doubt undoing the marriage would ever be on the table as things now stand.

I do like his Sups writing style though.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

I’ve heard high praise for Watters, his Lucifer series was brilliant apparently. Excited for his Future State work and this.
    Watters did a killer OCEAN MASTER one shot during Year of the Villain. Really good issue. I've been hoping he'd take over AQUAMAN for a bit.

RED AND BLUE sounds rad, I'll be getting this.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Watters did a killer OCEAN MASTER one shot during Year of the Villain. Really good issue. I've been hoping he'd take over AQUAMAN for a bit.

RED AND BLUE sounds rad, I'll be getting this.
    Oh hell I remember that! Yeah that was great!

I definitely like the idea behind Superman: Red & Blue. An anthology series with multiple short stories by writers who haven't done any Superman material before sounds like a refreshing take if you're not a fan of the current status quo as I am. And those covers by Gary Frank and Lee Bermejo are absolutely jaw dropping. However, I haven't really been impressed by any of the writers of the first issue or I'm not familiar with them. And $6.99/however much the issue costs in the UK is a steep price to pay for something I'm not sure of. I'll keep my eye on the solicits and see if any interesting writers will be featured in the future.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Like a poker player with no inhibition, I'm all in, baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    I definitely like the idea behind Superman: Red & Blue. An anthology series with multiple short stories by writers who haven't done any Superman material before sounds like a refreshing take if you're not a fan of the current status quo as I am. And those covers by Gary Frank and Lee Bermejo are absolutely jaw dropping. However, I haven't really been impressed by any of the writers of the first issue or I'm not familiar with them. And $6.99/however much the issue costs in the UK is a steep price to pay for something I'm not sure of. I'll keep my eye on the solicits and see if any interesting writers will be featured in the future.
    Which ones are you unfamiliar with? Watters I can vouch for, he’s great. Super excited for his FS Superman/WW stuff. He also wrote the YotV Ocean Master one shot which was great, and his indie work (which tends to be horror) is critically very well regarded from what I’ve seen.

Which ones are you unfamiliar with? Watters I can vouch for, he’s great. Super excited for his FS Superman/WW stuff. He also wrote the YotV Ocean Master one shot which was great, and his indie work (which tends to be horror) is critically very well regarded from what I’ve seen.
    Nice guess, Watters is the writer I hadn't heard of in the first issue's creative teams. Not the biggest horror fan so his style probably isn't my cup of tea. But I'll take your word on him being a good writer.

This looks cool, I'll read it.

Hopefully it goes beyond six issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Nice guess, Watters is the writer I hadn't heard of in the first issue's creative teams. Not the biggest horror fan so his style probably isn't my cup of tea. But I'll take your word on him being a good writer.
    Hah I figured as much, I didn’t know who he was when he was announced for FS either. Give his Ocean Master one shot a try, that was straight up “superhero” (well supervillain) storytelling. Or you could wait for FS to see if he can write capes to your liking.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Like a poker player with no inhibition, I'm all in, baby.
    Let those stacks fly, yo.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Coffin Bound by Watters/Dani is great. It's def indie/existential/artsy though, and certainly NOT a superhero comic. That's why I'm curious to see what they can do with Superman; even their story sounds weird in a good way (something about colors being stolen).

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Looks good just don't want it to go the way of superman confidential or Adventures of superman vol2
    You mean canceled...? No need to worry about that, as this is only a 6 issue mini.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Nice. Looking forward to this

So is this where superman fans go of they don't want everything about Jon?

Hopefully because it's 6 issues the quality will be high.

Does anybody know why DC would call this red and blue?

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    So is this where superman fans go of they don't want everything about Jon?

Hopefully because it's 6 issues the quality will be high.

Does anybody know why DC would call this red and blue?
    Probably to contrast Batman Black and White