Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

I’d rather see Magma have some autonomy for a change. She normally gets paired off with someone, and her most prominent storylines usually involve her getting brainwashed (normally by Empath but most recently by Mesmero). I’d like her to shine on her own.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    Excelent issue, favorite points:
    Farouk and the shadow king being seperated, im happy about it for two possible reasons:
    -It forces writers to have a new take on the shadow king as his prime host could, (im speculating obvs) fight the entity, hence opening up a whole new dynamic! Forcing a quite honestly stale and overused villain to get some fresh new takes.
    -Honestly we needed a non-white writer for this, farouk/shadow king was always a very unpleasent caricature of a middle eastern man: Fat, evil, enslaves people, very little humanity or depth. It has been criticized many times by people more educated than me, so if Vita Ayala (who's probably aware of this too) manages to give the man some depth and independency from the entity, it would create something good from something bad, same way as apocalypse was in DoX

And point two: the way the characterization was so on point, and karma and dani got some much needed focus on their prespectives, so much so that Im 89 % sure Dani will be taking jean's spot.
    why?
    The conversation she had with emma about the children of sextant ending with both going out for a drink ----------- Emma in mauraders saying she has some sugestions for the empty seat---- this issue that pretty much reinforces that Dani is the leader of this community, even xavier (in an assholey way) gave her even more responsibility and authority.
    3 issues, 3 weeks, now next week its x-men, I really think its her.
    Now you’ve got my hopes up! She’s honestly so deserving of the seat.

Fantastic Member

How did Evan die? Bummed that we haven’t seen a reaction from Rockslide’s bestfriend Anole yet. And why does he keep secretly playing with bad mutant liars like Summoner and Farouk?!

The intro showed Farouk's connection to the Shadow King started after his father died. Cosmar killed her parents, Anole just lost his best friend... I think there's a connection to be made there.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    To be fair, they kinda need to address the Karma/Tran issue. Although, it seems like Mew Mutants: Dead Souls is being ignored.
    There was a gap between the end of Dead Souls where Tran is on full control of Karma's body to Karma getting cured of the TO virus in Rosencanny completely free of Tran, considering Vita has been fairly respectful to continuity I think it could be in their intentions to explore that

Aah. That’s my bad. I didn’t follow Rosencanny. Didn’t realise the TO virus issue had been cleared up.

Very good issue. I’m impressed with the fact that this issue didn’t suffer from “new-writer-itis” and continued plot threads from previous writers. Also the writer did her homework and used continuity as a tool instead of a crutch. I loved the clone conversation and I hope it’s not over. I want Stryfe back, dammit. Only thing I didn’t like was the continuation of using “Scout” as a code arm for Gabby.... what was wrong with Honey Badger??

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I’d rather see Magma have some autonomy for a change. She normally gets paired off with someone, and her most prominent storylines usually involve her getting brainwashed (normally by Empath but most recently by Mesmero). I’d like her to shine on her own.
    Magma is great on her own without any man for sure. I love her in everything.

But New Mutants Vol 3 turned me into a big time Roberto and Amara shipper. As it did Sam and Dani. Too late for Sam and Dani given Sam is now married with a kid.

Still a chance with Roberto and Amara. But as we saw with Hickman. He had Roberto obsessed with an alien bird. Lol.

And Amara has been around but obviously Vita doesn’t seem to have plans for her as far as we know.

I'll give this another read, but I really didn't like it that much. It was slow and dull. I like a lot of these characters, but it just wasn't that interesting. Brisson was good on this title and he always had something fun going on, this was not fun to me

Great start to Vita's run. This is exactly what I want from a New Mutants group. The voices were spot on and it's great to see them having a purpose and acting as competent afults for a change. The cameos were also pretty cool. Rain Boy was surprisingly fun and I love how Scout voiced some of the readers' own concerns in an organic way that didn't feel forced.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I'm starting to hope for this, too. As long as it doesn't take her too far from the action.

Magma is underutilized. I wish she was on an actual X-Men with Cyclops.

Mighty Member

I dunno how people don't think this is referencing Dead Souls when that is the exact look of Dead Souls Tran

Quote Originally Posted by ZephyrSurf View Post
    I dunno how people don't think this is referencing Dead Souls when that is the exact look of Dead Souls Tran
    Point made

F0C2B839-A8AF-42A7-A4B7-716D0F086BE8.jpgC306BAFF-AB7E-49B7-84BB-8F012E59F313.jpg
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    like it makes sense right? im not reaching too hard!

Mighty Member

If anything, this issue kinda leads me into the opposite direction. Like it's really hammering home that the new Mutants have no stake in the Quiet Council. For better and for worse.