Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by TheMutantTheorist View Post
    There are so many new possibilities for more younger mutants to be expanded upon like who woulda thought rain boy would make a comeback.

The whole clone ban is interesting though, I wonder if it's gonna intersect with the whole alt-universe thing too cuz dark beast is a copy of Hank but a whole different person. Not to mention separate characters like Jimmy Hudson or Bombshell. Quicksilver from 1610 was last seen in 616 during the whole mother vine thing but he was killed to get his x-gene, would a copy like him count since his counterpart isn't a mutant? And Rahne still has her wolf pack powers cuz it was a secondary mutation triggered by mother vine, you cant take a mutant's secondary mutation away at resurrection.

And ik it's probably not connected but in the new New Warriors, Namorita seems to be back and alive when she was previously seen deceased, was she resurrected on Krakoa? She's a clone tho.
    I think with versions from other universes it should be something like:
    -If there is no version of you in this universe, you are resurrected (Rachel Summers, Bishop)
    -If there is a version of you in this universe, you are not resurrected (Dark Beast, Bloodstorm).

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Because of what an asset she could be? Because they have the resources to keep her locked up? Because she was dealt with a really shitty hand and they give people like that an opportunity in spite of their actions, like they did with Apocalypse?
    She's not an asset to the island. She actively wants to take it down. The nation is still in its infancy and alot of its structure hasnt been fully defined. She is a complication they dont need to deal with right now

Then sentence her to the Hellions.
    The Hellions are all on there voluntarily. Its not a sentence, so much as a form of therapy to deal with the mental implications that their powers have on them. They arent shackled and they dont go to prison when not on a mission. I cant see Maddie voluntarily being placed on there, especially since that would put he under the thumb of Sinister
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-16-2020 at 03:18 PM.

Then sentence her to the Hellions.
    The Hellions' goal has not been to destroy Krakoa. They have different mental problems that make them destructive but their goal is not "Destruction of Krakoa".

Maddie's goal is to destroy Krakoa. And it is far more powerful and dangerous than any of the Hellions. She has made plans to destroy Krakoa, had it not been for the Hellions, she would have sent an army of zombie-demons against Krakoa. She put herself in the position that the Quient Council has no reason or sympathy for resurrecting her.

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

i love the issue. Ayala knows the characters + the premise/antagonist are interesting and Reis is back and thats a pleasure for me.

Omega Red came as Krakoa's enemy, and Beast has still found use for him, even if Red doesn't know it. And Xavier overwrote the Fives's objections there.

Fauna is so cute!

This was a really good comic. I love that the New Mutants are going to be going up against the Shadow King again. Getting some backstory for Farouk is great, too.

That said, I don't like that the New Mutants are being cast as mentors again. I really think the team should be broken up between other titles.

Omega Red came as Krakoa's enemy, and Beast has still found use for him, even if Red doesn't know it. And Xavier overwrote the Fives's objections there.
    Okay and? 10char

Good issue. Art is solid but I read X-Force first and Cassara just kind of overshadowed Reis. I really like the story about Farouk and the Shadow King, gives me a twinge of sympathy for him despite how evil he has been. I really do agree we are quickly heading towards the current day debut of Chimera on Krakoa as mutant technology has been a focus in 2 books now. I will say I honestly miss Hickman writing this book as I really enjoyed his story about the team in space but it seems redundant given we have SWORD now. There isn't an X-book I don't enjoy right now.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Okay and? 10char
    That it's not out of character for them to resurrect potentially dangerous mutants with an agenda towards Krakoa if it suits their needs, even overriding saner voices.

That it's not out of character for them to resurrect potentially dangerous mutants with an agenda towards Krakoa if it suits their needs, even overriding saner voices.
    It is out of the ordinary. Beast is being presented as being morally corrupt and the writing is suggesting that he is in for a downfall. The Five had objections for obvious reasons and this will likely backfire. Besides the situations are different. Omega Red was being mesmorized by Dracula. He was being used and didnt have full agency. He still does not have full agency as Beast is using him for a different purpose. Maddie had full agency and her objective was to burn Krakoa down. Again this is only part of why she wasnt brought back. The real Maddie was merged and exists within Jean! The one that died in Hellions was an abomination created by Nate Grey and took over a body magically altered to look like Jean. She was not the original
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-16-2020 at 04:56 PM.

Mighty Member

Wow! I just read this issue and I was surprised that this issue was better than I expected.

What I liked:
    -The core cast are Dani, Karma, Wolfsbane, Magik, Warpath as written in the letter to Prof X.
    -Dani finally managed to use her mirage powers
    -The mystery of Karma's dream (Tran?)
    -Shadow king as a villain this issue
    -The team mentoring other newer mutants.
    -There are so many rotating newer mutants that is showing their powers.
    -Karma didn't lose an eye like in the misleading cover page.
    -Farouk's origin

What I didn't like
    -Doug and Magma absence from the team, they should be part of the core cast as well.
    -I hope they don't make Gabby a core cast like in the cover page, I'm fine with a guest-star appearance but not part of the core-cast.

Not sure whether Warlock is considered a core cast or just a guest-star because his name was not in the letter to Prof X.

At last, the New Mutants book has a direction unlike Brisson's run.
    Last edited by ericng; 12-16-2020 at 06:19 PM.

To be fair, they kinda need to address the Karma/Tran issue. Although, it seems like Mew Mutants: Dead Souls is being ignored. I wish Magma or Boom Boom could be on the team instead of Gabby. I agree with a previous poster that Wolfsbane’s already covers the claws portion of the team, no need for Wolvie-lite. I’d also like to see Boom Boom get some development beyond drunken party girl, I get her whole schtick for the last few years has been the lazy, entitled millennial but it’s time to give it a rest and develop her properly.

Magma and Sunspot need to hook up. But Hickman basically doesn’t want that. He wants the ladies man Roberto.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    Wow! I just read this issue and I was surprised that this issue was better than I expected.

What I liked:
    -The core cast are Dani, Karma, Wolfsbane, Magik, Warpath as written in the letter to Prof X.
    -Dani finally managed to use her mirage powers
    -The mystery of Karma's dream (Tran?)
    -Shadow king as a villain this issue
    -The team mentoring other newer mutants.
    -There are so many rotating newer mutants that is showing their powers.
    -Karma didn't lose an eye like in the misleading cover page.

What I didn't like
    -Doug and Magma absence from the team, they should be part of the core cast as well.
    -I hope they don't make Gabby a core cast like in the cover page, I'm fine with a guest-star appearance but not part of the core-cast.

Not sure whether Warlock is considered a core cast or just a guest-star because his name was not in the letter to Prof X.

At last, the New Mutants book has a direction unlike Brisson's run.
    The core cast members are the ones on the cover which include Warlock and Gabby. It wouldnt have made sense for Warlock to sign the letter bc he's not a teacher and doesnt have any authority on Krakoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    To be fair, they kinda need to address the Karma/Tran issue. Although, it seems like Mew Mutants: Dead Souls is being ignored. I wish Magma or Boom Boom could be on the team instead of Gabby. I agree with a previous poster that Wolfsbane’s already covers the claws portion of the team, no need for Wolvie-lite. I’d also like to see Boom Boom get some development beyond drunken party girl, I get her whole schtick for the last few years has been the lazy, entitled millennial but it’s time to give it a rest and develop her properly.
    Gabby isnt there bc she has claws. She's here because:

1. Youth. She's a connection from the vets to the o=younger generation
    2. She's a clone. That wasnt mentioned for no reason and will likely come into play
    3. Vita wrote her in Prisoner X. This is likely the strongest reason why she is here. Vita likes the character. They chose her for Prisoner X and likely had other ideas of what to do with her