Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LordUltimus View Post
    Wait, didn't Dani say at the beginning of the series that their education was better than any human one?

And now it turns out they didn't have one until they asked Charles recently?
    No she didnt. She and Sunspot were recounting the history of mutants/X-men and were talking past tense when he mentioned schools. There have been several schools. Their convo didnt imply that there was a formal education system on Krakoa

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Should we perhaps consider this might just be Farouk himself and not the Shadow King? As Farouk was shown on Krakoa before as one of the mutants on Krakoa.
    i think that's what it is, especially with a flashback to his childhood reminds us that they are seperate, and Farouk was once a good person

I doubt that, but this might be a story about separating Farouk from the Shadow King.

Ultimate Member

Farouk and Karma being in the same book whets my appetite for *that* reunion. If Farouk turns out to just be another childhood victim of the Shadow King entity, that could be interesting.

Poor Anole. He gets aged up and regressed like a yo-yo. He's a kid! He's running Angel's company! He's a kid again! Indra, who was the youngest and smaller than Anole is now six foot and buff, and Victor still looks like a scrawny twelve year old.

And poor Gabby. As soon as this clone-thing gets explored and resolved, she's gonna join Mondo and Chamber, I fear, in the 'not-really-a-New-Mutant' character ghetto.

Spectacular Member

I can see the twist here being that having under the shadow king for so long made farouk taking up some his traits that he'll act like him and then eventually get defeated, then we see afterward that shadow king is around and lurking in someone else for the time being.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Farouk and Karma being in the same book whets my appetite for *that* reunion. If Farouk turns out to just be another childhood victim of the Shadow King entity, that could be interesting.

Poor Anole. He gets aged up and regressed like a yo-yo. He's a kid! He's running Angel's company! He's a kid again! Indra, who was the youngest and smaller than Anole is now six foot and buff, and Victor still looks like a scrawny twelve year old.

And poor Gabby. As soon as this clone-thing gets explored and resolved, she's gonna join Mondo and Chamber, I fear, in the 'not-really-a-New-Mutant' character ghetto.
    Any chance we'll see Fat Karma in any capacity? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Didn't one of the future solicits mention Xi'an (and Dani) being trapped in nightmares? If so, we actually might.

Edit: Actually it says "Delve into their nightmares", but we could still see Fat Karma.
    Last edited by Arachne; 12-17-2020 at 08:16 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No, we want to see Karma get/grow back her leg instead. I mean there are so many healers in Krakoa, not growing back her leg is quite ridiculous.

There might be a plan to have Tran get his original body back as a separate being, now that we have the 'five'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

At least Warpath was a New Mutant for, like, twelve seconds in New Mutants #100.

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    No, we want to see Karma get/grow back her leg instead. I mean there are so many healers in Krakoa, not growing back her leg is quite ridiculous.

There might be a plan to have Tran get his original body back as a separate being, now that we have the 'five'.
    Some mutants just won't feel like the Crucible is worth it for their problems.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    And, keep in mind, in a franchise all about diversity, it is excellent to have characters with visible disabilities. With Charles Xavier walking around, its nice to have Karma have a prosthesis and represent that community in a small way

Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post
    And, keep in mind, in a franchise all about diversity, it is excellent to have characters with visible disabilities. With Charles Xavier walking around, its nice to have Karma have a prosthesis and represent that community in a small way
    I know if I lost a limb, or became disabled in some way, I sure as hell wouldn’t want to be represented.... I wouldn’t need a constant reminder of something I don’t want to be. Just like I don’t want more fat characters because I’m overweight. I read comics to get away, not be reminded of my own situation. If I could be resurrected in peak physical condition? Hell yeah!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    The Crucible is for those who lost their powers. Karma hasn't lost her powers, I am not sure about this but can healers grow body parts that aren't essential like hands or legs?

I am sure when somebody internal organs was damaged, healers can heal them to normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundershot View Post
    I know if I lost a limb, or became disabled in some way, I sure as hell wouldn’t want to be represented.... I wouldn’t need a constant reminder of something I don’t want to be. Just like I don’t want more fat characters because I’m overweight. I read comics to get away, not be reminded of my own situation. If I could be resurrected in peak physical condition? Hell yeah!
    I mean people who are either born with physical disabilities or have lived with them for years (like Karma) probably feel differently. I’m sure she wouldn’t complain if she got her leg back, but I doubt she’d be pressed to be a part of a very public ritual suicide just to get it back. Also who knows if the Crucible is still even happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I mean people who are either born with physical disabilities or have lived with them for years (like Karma) probably feel differently. I’m sure she wouldn’t complain if she got her leg back, but I doubt she’d be pressed to be a part of a very public ritual suicide just to get it back. Also who knows if the Crucible is still even happening.
    Oh, I wasn’t talking about the crucible.. that’s horrific. I’m talking about someone who “just happens to die” lol... If you bring me back, bring my leg I lost as well is all I’m saying. People that are deaf or blind.. I can’t speak for them, but I’d bet most would love to have those senses they never had and had to struggle since they didn’t have them.