Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

But why? The story just ain't about the parents or guardians. I'm looking at you, ASM films! As long as somebody dies and gives him a reason to be more responsible, it doesn't matter if its Uncle Ben or Aunt May or Cousin Fred or Daddy Richard or whatever.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    But why? The story just ain't about the parents or guardians. I'm looking at you, ASM films! As long as somebody dies and gives him a reason to be more responsible, it doesn't matter if its Uncle Ben or Aunt May or Cousin Fred or Daddy Richard or whatever.
    Whos cousin Fred? Speaking of cousins, since they're not raising Peter maybe Ben and May have a kid together?

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    Whos cousin Fred? Speaking of cousins, since they're not raising Peter maybe Ben and May have a kid together?
    Peter shouldnt be the reason why May and Ben didnt have kids before.
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    Peter shouldn't be the reason why May and Ben didn't have kids before.
    Why not, they seemed like they only could raise one kid financially wise and without Peter maybe they had one or adopted one but anyways this is just a hypothetical alternate universe

Astonishing Member

Those of us who have been reading Spider-Man for decades know we already saw this “alternate world” from 1992 to 1994 and it was kinda lame.

Astonishing Member

Why not, they seemed like they only could raise one kid financially wise and without Peter maybe they had one or adopted one but anyways this is just a hypothetical alternate universe
    I prefer the explanation that they just didn't feel like having kids.

That's what the ASM films were, weren't they? A universe where at least his dad is alive (deleted scene), but practically everything that lead to Peter to become Spider-Man were his machinations.

Oh man, there is no cousin Fred, he was just rhetorical. Point is, anyone could play the role of Uncle Ben, dying to teach Peter a lesson. That could even have been Richard Parker playing that role, with Mary being the Aunt May in Peter's life thereafter.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Taylor View Post
    Oh man, there is no cousin Fred, he was just rhetorical. Point is, anyone could play the role of Uncle Ben, dying to teach Peter a lesson. That could even have been Richard Parker playing that role, with Mary being the Aunt May in Peter's life thereafter.
    Yes but isn't the question what if Peter's Parents are currently alive while hes being Spider-Man?

I don't think it would change that much beyond him having two more supporting characters to juggle. His parents being alive and apart of his life doesn't invalidate his relationship with uncle Ben or the potential impact of Uncle Ben's death.

We may not have seen too much of this, but how has Mister Anger never mentioned that he knew Spider-Man's father?

Incredible Member

Well, I guess one thing that would be different is it would be a good chance that he wouldn’t be at the experiment where the Spider bit him. Chances are, Cindy Moon and some other individual would have got the Spider bite. If his parents were still alive he would have probably lived in a different area away from where the experiment was done. A different school zone and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It would be kind of interesting to see what a Peter raised by Richard and Mary Parker would be different from how May and Ben raised him.
    Well...we wouldn't have "with great power comes great responsibility".
    At best we'd get some almost close version like "amazing abilities means amazing sense of duty".

Isn't there an alternate ending to ASM 2 where it turns out Richard is still alive?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Isn't there an alternate ending to ASM 2 where it turns out Richard is still alive?
    yup right after gwen die he shows up
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy