Page 296 of 376 FirstFirst ... 196246286292293294295296297298299300306346 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,440 of 5626

Yes! That's the one. I just loved the contrast, though I too missed the S on it.

I wonder if what they're planning is something to kinda put Future State in the rearview mirror. Not necessarily go out of its way to retcon it from existing altogether but just make it like any other potential future/hypertime branch/different Earth. With this next event being yet another one of current focus.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-15-2022 at 02:13 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Yes! That's the one. I just loved the contrast, though I too missed the S on it.

I wonder if what they're planning is something to kinda put Future State in the rearview mirror. Not necessarily go out of its way to retcon it from existing altogether but just make it like any other potential future/hypertime branch/different Earth. With this next event being yet another one of current focus.
    That’s already happened with how things have changed compared to FS. Clark was gone for years in FS but it was only months for the mainline Earth. Jon never bottled Metropolis to protect it from Brainiac, Kara didn’t become Superwoman and go found a moon colony, Jon is getting Electric Blue powers which he didn’t have in FS, etc. Only part of FS I think will get any play going forward is PKJ’s House of El descendants and even that isn’t a guarantee since all he can say when asked about them is that he hopes to do more.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s already happened with how things have changed compared to FS. Clark was gone for years in FS but it was only months for the mainline Earth. Jon never bottled Metropolis to protect it from Brainiac, Kara didn’t become Superwoman and go found a moon colony, Jon is getting Electric Blue powers which he didn’t have in FS, etc. Only part of FS I think will get any play going forward is PKJ’s House of El descendants and even that isn’t a guarantee since all he can say when asked about them is that he hopes to do more.
    Boy, am I glad we didn't have to go through years of Warworld!

Good points, it's already been established enough. Curious to see what this will turn into though.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Regarding the same interview Matt Red posted earlier:

so i just listened to the new @PhillipKJohnson and I know I say this a lot but this man gets me excited about comics everytime and I can't wait for the metallo arc next, it looks amazing plus i am also hyped for the multiversal arc that he teased that follows it!
    PKJ replied to him so that’s how I found it. Maybe this is what all the KC homages and teases are leading to, because I’m sure KC Superman will be part of the big Multiverse team up. Hopefully this will be better executed than Tomasi’s Superverse team up was.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

What a crying shame!

Spectacular Member

Meh

PKJ seems to be lucky enough to find new artists that are good every time he loses one

ACTION COMICS #1053
    Written by PHILLIP KENNEDY JOHNSON, DAN JURGENS, and LEAH WILLIAMS
    Art by RAFA SANDOVAL, LEE WEEKS, and MARGUERITE SAUVAGE
    Cover by STEVE BEACH
    Variant cover by RAFA SANDOVAL
    Variant cover by LEE WEEKS
    1:25 variant cover by NATHAN SZERDY
    1:50 foil variant cover by STEVE BEACH
    Shazam! Fury of the Gods movie variant cover by LUCIO PARRILLO
    $4.99 US | 48 pages | Variant $5.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 3/28/23
    "No livin' thing's supposed to have power like this. No matter how blue your eyes are or how pretty your face is, you're just as much a monster as me."
    War rages on between Metropolis's two men of steel, Superman and Metallo! As Metallo's new body continues to evolve in unexpected and nightmarish ways, the voice of his "operating system" has been changing too, testing the limits of his sanity. Finally, when his alien tech takes on a life of its own and infects the most violent members of the Blue Earth movement, the resultant abominations target Superman's greatest strength and greatest weakness: his family! Introducing the first appearance of the Necrohive!
    Sounds exciting, Metallo being packed full of alien tech not even he fully understands beats the hell out of the same old Kryptonite heart scheme in my books any day.

Nice to be getting a big Metallo arc .

God damn, Sandoval is bringing it here on art. Kelex being used as a gaming console is hilarious, the cast is already large but if PKJ can flesh out Kelex beyond “generic Robobutler” it would make me happy. Always wanted to see Kelex get turned into a proper character. And Metallo is already racking up the kills, exactly what I’ve wanted. Let him slaughter some civies to remind people he’s a major threat.

I don't even recognize Kenan with that haircut.

Also just realized that’s a blatant Kingdom Come homage, specifically this:

All these homages and nods to KC appearing, Waid back at DC and maybe doing stories directly connected to that, Gunn posting that Kingdom Come art… just can’t shake the feeling something is coming.

If anyone gets that role it’s going to be Conner.

Kingdom Come might be In a multiverse story coming up,but also maybe at the movies ,maybe Henry cavill will play the older superman in a KC update or a multiverse appearance.

Why do you think it will be conners role as the uppity family member proving how wrong Clark is?
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't even recognize Kenan with that haircut.

Yep,Kenan could be anyone sitting by Conner ugh.

And if they are gonna have conner and Kenan become friends then I want Conner to learn kenans language,thru epigenetic memory
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Kingdom Come might be In a multiverse story coming up,but also maybe at the movies ,maybe Henry cavill will play the older superman in a KC update or a multiverse appearance.

Why do you think it will be conners role as the uppity family member proving how wrong Clark is?
    Because PKJ has said he sees Conner in a similar role as Jason Todd. He really loves Jason Todd so that bodes well for Conner if he views him as Superman’s equivalent, I think he’ll do right by him. I’m curious what might cause the Super Family to butt heads, hopefully something more interesting than arguments over using lethal force or whatever.