Page 369 of 376 FirstFirst ... 269319359365366367368369370371372373 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,535 of 5626
    Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Badass issue, all around good stuff. So the Empire of Shadows is back after all.

Plus the Kenan back-up is good if a bit rushed at the end.

Gonna be real sad when this ends. Hopefully we get an announcement of a new series by PKJ continuing this story.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    Finger crossed for PKJ sticking the landing.
    As we approach the end of this run I still easily rank this as the best Action run since Morrison and a great run in its own right - but man could it have been so much better if PKJ had gotten to keep a consistent art team. Imagine if the Warworld Saga had been drawn entirely by Sampere instead of wasting him on Dark Crisis, or if they had been better at pairing Federici with a faster artist. Sucks that the ending arc here lost Sandoval as well.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    As we approach the end of this run I still easily rank this as the best Action run since Morrison and a great run in its own right - but man could it have been so much better if PKJ had gotten to keep a consistent art team. Imagine if the Warworld Saga had been drawn entirely by Sampere instead of wasting him on Dark Crisis, or if they had been better at pairing Federici with a faster artist. Sucks that the ending arc here lost Sandoval as well.
    Yeah the art was all over the place with the artists keeping being moved onto other projects. Usually are the big name writers that have more consistent art in their runs or deciding who's going to draw for them.

So is Norah a telepath?

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Yeah the art was all over the place with the artists keeping being moved onto other projects. Usually are the big name writers that have more consistent art in their runs or deciding who's going to draw for them.
    Yeah… another reason to give Dark Crisis a permanent side-eye.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    So is Norah a telepath?
    I’m assuming you meant teleporter and it looks that way. Probably has powers because of magic rather than being a meta.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

https://x.com/phillipkjohnson/status...487sLx_4UoiJsQ
    Many thanks to @CBR for naming SUPERMAN: THE WARWORLD SAGA the best DC Comics storyline of the past five years. All credit to the artists and editors for making the undertaking so inspiring and rewarding

Top story for the publisher over the last five years… and they take him off the book.

One of the things that made the run great is that he truly loves writing Superman.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam

If he’s getting JL and being granted the opportunity to step into the spotlight I can’t begrudge that too hard. At least he’s getting a chance to continue his Action storylines in a way that will force the rest of the DCU to take notice, and which will assuredly center Superman. Would still rather have him on Action until #1100 personally.

I’m assuming you meant teleporter and it looks that way. Probably has powers because of magic rather than being a meta.
    No, I mean the pages where she talks with the kid. Nobody else noticed them talking so I'd guess it was telepathy?

As for telepoetation, my assumption is that she was teleported by the amulet and not Norah.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Spoilers/Gossip for PKJ's Action Comics' finale: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/supe...nale-spoilers/

“Sister Shadow” is a cool name. spoilers:
    Looks like she’s sticking around? I have no complaints about that, Supes could use more women villains, but I dunno if anyone other than PKJ would have any use for her. Superman vs. evil Batkids/Batman is a fun concept though
    end of spoilers

Spoilers/Gossip for PKJ's Action Comics' finale: https://bleedingcool.com/comics/supe...nale-spoilers/
    I’m very interested to see what was up with Norah having Etrigan’s corpse in her trophy room. Especially with him set to appear next issue.

Has there ever been an Elseworld story where Bruce accepted Ra’s offer to be his heir? I don’t recall ever reading one. Seems like a no brainer with lots of story potential.

I guess if Bruce did go mad and became the leader of the League of Shadows he would probably go all in with magic as a way to take out Superman. Heroic Bruce is all about science and logic while evil Bruce becomes a powerful mage. It would make him a lot like Dr. Doom as a brilliant scientist and user of magic.
    Last edited by Robotman; 12-05-2023 at 07:41 PM.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I just started reading the War World Saga trade paperback and this is my first introduction to PKJ Superman.

1. I wonder if the Last God was good? So far this has been great.

2. Jon Kent really feels like his own character and the whole family dynamic is handled so well. I remember thinking of Jon Kent as gimmicky or unnecessary but now I like Super-Dad.

3. I never read the last time Superman was in space wearing a beard and torn cape but I did read Planet Hulk.

So far this has been a blast and I even like Superman and the Authority as a team.

Nit Pick:

I loved the original Authority from way back and I like the way the Midnighter needles Batman. Shouldn't the Midnighter totally outclass Batman?

I always thought that Midnighter was a superhuman version of Batman but I guess Batman really is a superhuman even without all the implants and enhancements.

Great run so far and I am 4 issues in!

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Thunders! View Post
    I just started reading the War World Saga trade paperback and this is my first introduction to PKJ Superman.

1. I wonder if the Last God was good? So far this has been great.

2. Jon Kent really feels like his own character and the whole family dynamic is handled so well. I remember thinking of Jon Kent as gimmicky or unnecessary but now I like Super-Dad.

3. I never read the last time Superman was in space wearing a beard and torn cape but I did read Planet Hulk.

So far this has been a blast and I even like Superman and the Authority as a team.

Nit Pick:

I loved the original Authority from way back and I like the way the Midnighter needles Batman. Shouldn't the Midnighter totally outclass Batman?

I always thought that Midnighter was a superhuman version of Batman but I guess Batman really is a superhuman even without all the implants and enhancements.

Great run so far and I am 4 issues in!
    Yes, the Last God is awesome. I'm dying for the second volume to come out. He's teased it but haven't heard anything about actual specifics. Can see where he got a lot of his writing chops for Warworld but full on fantasy. Def worth checking out.