Page 138 of 376 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188238 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 5626

Perhaps not all of the Phaolosians were captured by Mongul, or they’re itching for revenge after they get their freedom and basically want revenge on everyone who treated them poorly and Clark will have to navigate that.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oneveryfineday View Post
    Good point, can’t believe I missed that gob-smackingly obvious parallel. Between Clark and Jon we really might be getting an Invincible-esque setup. It’s amazing how it managed to be way ahead of its genre.
    I don't think so.Invincible might be steeped in paranoia about the alien traveler that came to our lands.Superman stories aren't...The story is in the hands of tom taylor,pkj and morrison.All of these guys are into superman the savior.The skyparents are important for that.Earth parents too..But the skyfather jor el and kryptonian el family are treated like royalty and they are building a dynasty..
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 07-09-2021 at 09:12 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/dc-r...rror-spoilers/

Holy **** Johnson did what I’ve wanted someone to do with the Phantom Zone for ages! Spoilers obviously for the Annual that’s coming so read at your own risk. I can’t wait until tomorrow!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Jon kent as the ruler of new krypton would be an amazing take on the character...especially if he serves as the bridge between humanity and krypton

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

Holy **** Johnson did what I’ve wanted someone to do with the Phantom Zone for ages! Spoilers obviously for the Annual that’s coming so read at your own risk. I can’t wait until tomorrow!
    I really hope that this event that johnson is planning somehow attracts people’s attention to action comics

Because otherwise...his run is going to be cut short by those assholes at DC

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

This sounds amazing.

Spectacular Member

A sleeping, overwhelmingly powerfull god? Guess we got a new candidate for the necropolis prisoner.

Incredible Member

I didn't know the Phantom Zone had been tied to the Multiverse in Snyder's JL/Death Metal, but if it was, then it makes perfect sense that this is what PKJ meant when he said his event would involve the Multiverse in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    I didn't know the Phantom Zone had been tied to the Multiverse in Snyder's JL/Death Metal, but if it was, then it makes perfect sense that this is what PKJ meant when he said his event would involve the Multiverse in some way.
    But Bleeding Cool is kinda saying that it is moving away from that interpretation.

This is a good thing. Always fond of going back to pre-Crisis inspirations. Also the Phantom Zone doesn't need to be tied to a mostly Batman-based idea.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    This is a good thing. Always fond of going back to pre-Crisis inspirations. Also the Phantom Zone doesn't need to be tied to a mostly Batman-based idea.
    Exactly.

This is really neat, and I'm glad to see a reference to Gerber's PZ mini. I really wish Gerber had been able to write more Superman because that mini was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Bromor View Post
    A sleeping, overwhelmingly powerfull god? Guess we got a new candidate for the necropolis prisoner.
    Wouldn’t be the first time such a being was tied to the Phantom Zone:

Wonder if he’s read Superman: The Black Ring? If he hasn’t he absolutely should. The Zone as the home/gestation place of these Lovecraftian entities is perfect!

Quote Originally Posted by kryptonian View Post
    I really hope that this event that johnson is planning somehow attracts people’s attention to action comics

Because otherwise...his run is going to be cut short by those assholes at DC
    I'm sure Superman: Son of Kal-El will sell like water, my concern is that DC will start to imagine how well would Action Comics sell with Taylor on board.

BANNED

The Annual is actually pretty good,
    but the Red King still isn't that interesting of a character,
    reminds me of Dragonball AF where a son of Goku went rogue and wanted to rule the world.

Fantastic Member oneveryfineday's Avatar