Page 367 of 376 FirstFirst ... 267317357363364365366367368369370371 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,505 of 5626
    Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    I thought that with Kara's tale about giants, red son and star child PKJ was basically setting up their own adventure.
    I agree this is definitely setup for the twins having their own adventure.

I gotta admit, the twins are really growing on me as characters and I liked the back-up with Bibbo. Not a huge fan of Red Son as Osul's codename but Starchild is really cool. I was wondering if anyone was going to do something with the whole "if you know Clark is Superman then you die" thing and I'm glad that it hasn't been forgotten.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yang deserves a redemption on a main Superman title.
    Oh yeah Yang was on Superman during the whole Superman: Truth era.

Ooooof thats some brutal stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Yeah, he even touched on how difficult it was for him in one of his graphic novels.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Every single idea he had got shot down by editorial. He wanted to do a Brainiac story and editorial said no iirc. So much of “his” run was just him being forced to work with all the garbage editorial mandates. Glad he got to do New Super-Man and Superman Smashes The Klan to show that he’s a great Superman writer, still want to see him get another shot on one of the main books - but who knows if he’s even interested? His indie work sells great and he doesn’t *need* to do a Big 2 book.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Every single idea he had got shot down by editorial. He wanted to do a Brainiac story and editorial said no iirc. So much of “his” run was just him being forced to work with all the garbage editorial mandates. Glad he got to do New Super-Man and Superman Smashes The Klan to show that he’s a great Superman writer, still want to see him get another shot on one of the main books - but who knows if he’s even interested? His indie work sells great and he doesn’t *need* to do a Big 2 book.
    He may not need to be on a Big 2 book but man, we’d all sure love it to happen. Feel like Superman is a true passion project character for the guy. I so want to think that’s he’d jump at the opportunity to write him again.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Incredible Member

Re:AC1058, since I didn't post about that:

- I always enjoy a good "depowered superhero defeats superpowered villain" moment, and Clark going back home so casually after it certainly makes him look badass.
    - Norah Stone looks hilariously try-hard in that interview, but she still comes across as threatening, anyway. In a "she's an idiot with a gun but she's still holding a gun" way.
    - So the twins are studying at Steelworks? That makes sense. Otho defending Osul makes sense, though it feels bland, the way it's done here. Also, is Kara just spending her time babysitting them these days? Or is she working at Steelworks too?
    - Everything about the scene where Kara tells the twins about their House Fable is great.
    - "Red Son and Starchild leave on a quest to find a new home for their people" might even be set-up for the Twins leaving, if PKJ were so inclined.
    - "A Kryptonian that could be turned"... that's Otho.
    - Clark's enjoying himself with that suit and I don't blame him.

Yang's back-up was fun. I don't think it makes any sense with the established continuity, but it's fun enough I don't care. Interesting to have a story about Kenan being a spy in the same issue where a potential traitor in the Super-family is mentioned. I loved how Kenan tried to appeal to their bonds of friendship in the most obviously manipulative way before just going "screw it, scan them Robinpod". Also, this keeps up with the trend of literally everyone having a more interesting dynamic with the twins than Lois & Clark.

The back-up with the twins... existed.

As far as Yang goes... I wasn't a fan of any of the times he wrote "main universe" Clark as opposed to an "elseworld" version, but I suppose he could surprise me. I'm just not expecting it.

I posted this over in the DC collections thread but wanted to cross post it here.

The big Superman Warworld Saga comes out pretty soon - but I've been buying the regular trades as they've been released. I noticed in the solicits for this upcoming collection that it includes:

Action Comics 2021 Annual
    Action Comics 2022 Annual
    Batman/Superman: Authority Special #1

Have these been collected in any other paperback? I didn't notice them in any of the other recent Action Comics trades that have come out.

Thanks!

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

I got lucky that I was behind on my TPBs when the 'Saga' book was announced so I'm just going to buy that (I have Warworld 1 but can shift it).

As PKJ is leaving I'm really wondering whether to bother getting the subsequent TPBs. I didn't think much to the Kal-El returns arc, though I liked Metallo, but if none of this is going anywhere then what's the point?
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ER Prest View Post
    I posted this over in the DC collections thread but wanted to cross post it here.

The big Superman Warworld Saga comes out pretty soon - but I've been buying the regular trades as they've been released. I noticed in the solicits for this upcoming collection that it includes:

Action Comics 2021 Annual
    Action Comics 2022 Annual
    Batman/Superman: Authority Special #1

Have these been collected in any other paperback? I didn't notice them in any of the other recent Action Comics trades that have come out.

Thanks!
    The 22 annual was in a regular trade. I'd bite the bullet on the new collection, absolutely, if I owned any less than half of the material already
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    I got lucky that I was behind on my TPBs when the 'Saga' book was announced so I'm just going to buy that (I have Warworld 1 but can shift it).

As PKJ is leaving I'm really wondering whether to bother getting the subsequent TPBs. I didn't think much to the Kal-El returns arc, though I liked Metallo, but if none of this is going anywhere then what's the point?
    My hope is that we'll get second compendium that will collect only PKJ's issues from return of Kal-El.

And yeah, if I'm not mistaken 21 annaul and authority special were not collected previously.

My hope is that we'll get second compendium that will collect only PKJ's issues from return of Kal-El.
    That'd be good. I'm still holding my breath for DC to announce PKJ for Justice League to continue the story.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

That'd be good. I'm still holding my breath for DC to announce PKJ for Justice League to continue the story.
    I’ve been hit or miss with JL stuff lately but this is something I’d totally be all in on.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I’ve been hit or miss with JL stuff lately but this is something I’d totally be all in on.
    I honestly can't remember the last JL run I really enjoyed.

But if PKJ wants to go full Hickman, do several years on JL and lead it to (god forbid) a well conceived, satisfying, must read crossover then I wouldn't complain.

And yeah, if I'm not mistaken 21 annaul and authority special were not collected previously.
    I expect that’s what they will do since Return of Kal-El wasn’t even really a crossover. Taylor and PKJ’s books didn’t connect at all, you don’t need one to understand the other (and I’d like to get a compendium without Taylor’s issues anyway).
    Last edited by Vordan; 11-12-2023 at 01:47 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Fantastic Member

I honestly can't remember the last JL run I really enjoyed.

But if PKJ wants to go full Hickman, do several years on JL and lead it to (god forbid) a well conceived, satisfying, must read crossover then I wouldn't complain.
    Justice League has to be one of the most consistently bad books out there. No matter what they try, it ends up being mediocre.

Except for JLI I guess.