Page 345 of 375 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 5625

I honestly don't remember the last time I saw Hellgramite.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Probably since Superboy dressed like that as a regular thing and not a throwback look
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I honestly don't remember the last time I saw Hellgramite.
    He cameo’d in the Superboy-Prime Death Metal one shot that Johns and Snyder did with Manupal on art.

Which in hindsight is an interesting pull because I think the only place that Johns used him was in Up, Up, and Away. Rest of those guys got much more heavy usage. Speaking of old pulls:

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

Looks like this is the map they’re using. I should try and ask PKJ if he sees Metropolis as an East Coast or West Coast City. Been noticing a trend to make it more West Coast-y, and I don’t hate the idea. Lets you draw on West Coast culture which mostly isn’t represented in comics. Fits with Metropolis being the city of Superman and Lex too, lots of sunshine and egomaniacal techbros running the place
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Fits with Metropolis being the city of Superman and Lex too, lots of sunshine and egomaniacal techbros running the place
    You make it sound like Delaware and/or New York is in eternal state of twilight......and not full of egomaniacl techbros

Yeah I gotta admit the east coaster in me shuddered and went into "fight" mode when Metropolis being a west coast city was mentioned. Y'all can have Gotham if you want it!

Ironically, back in the day I was a much bigger fan of Tupac and Dre than I was of Biggie.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Lol, same on both accounts. West coast can have Flash and Lantern, maybe Green Arrow idk. With all the years that have gone by, I've really come to cling to Delaware and Jersey City for Metropolis and Gotham even if I don't think it should ever be explicitly canon

Hah, I’m a Midwestern boy myself so if I had total power, I’d have Metropolis take Chicago’s place in the DCU. I’m only thinking in terms of what would help differentiate Metropolis from Gotham more. Given Williamson is exploring Metropolis as an “old West” town per his teases about Moonlight’s history with the place, and the SS video game has Metropolis on the West Coast, I wouldn’t be surprised if this becomes a new thing. Fits with DC moving from NYC to Burbank too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Lol, same on both accounts. West coast can have Flash and Lantern, maybe Green Arrow idk. With all the years that have gone by, I've really come to cling to Delaware and Jersey City for Metropolis and Gotham even if I don't think it should ever be explicitly canon
    Flash is in Missouri and Kansas. Not west coast.

I dunno who's where, I'm saying I wouldn't even care in that case lol.

As someone who lived in Chicago and loved it, I wouldn't mind if that was a basis for Metropolis but that was never the vibe to me. I begin wondering if the Midwest is still how Shazam and Hawkman feel tbh

I'd accept Chicago for Metropolis' location as well. Never lived there but visited a few times back in the day, loved that place. Of course, I was a kid and thought I'd run into Michael Jordan on the street. If I had my way, I'd actually put Gotham where Chicago is (or roundabout) and leave Metropolis on the coast (for the trade and economic advantages) but I'd be fine putting Metropolis in Ill. instead.

I'd also accept Metropolis being somewhere in Kansas.

Anything further west, and I veto it straight to damnation.

I do admit that the east coast has a disproportionate amount of major comic book cities....but that's what happens when you're the best coast!

.....and, y'know, both major publishers (were) in NYC...

Actually, how's that for a trade? We keep Metropolis, but we'll give you west coasters NYC. I'm from New England, Sox country, so you can have NYC as long as you take the Yankees with you!
    Last edited by Ascended; 06-02-2023 at 12:40 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

https://twitter.com/phillipkjohnson/...487sLx_4UoiJsQ

"You're just a sad, discarded little gun...

...that dreamt it was a man."

This weekend's FOC for the FINAL ISSUE of the current #ActionComics arc! The Metallo arc concludes and an ALL-NEW VILLAIN makes their 1st appearance! @RafaSandoval75 @MattHerms @Paul_Kaminski @thedcnation

Incredible Member

This arc pulling an "Anatomy Lesson" on Metallo would be sick... but ultimately not as good as what it has established so far for the dude. So hoping it's a reference instead of outright inspiration.

He also wrote that terror knights story is not required reading for those who are sticking with regular issues. So probably some dream sequenes that flesh out the twins a bit and thats that.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I'd accept Chicago for Metropolis' location as well. Never lived there but visited a few times back in the day, loved that place. Of course, I was a kid and thought I'd run into Michael Jordan on the street. If I had my way, I'd actually put Gotham where Chicago is (or roundabout) and leave Metropolis on the coast (for the trade and economic advantages) but I'd be fine putting Metropolis in Ill. instead.

I'd also accept Metropolis being somewhere in Kansas.

Anything further west, and I veto it straight to damnation.

I do admit that the east coast has a disproportionate amount of major comic book cities....but that's what happens when you're the best coast!

.....and, y'know, both major publishers (were) in NYC...

Actually, how's that for a trade? We keep Metropolis, but we'll give you west coasters NYC. I'm from New England, Sox country, so you can have NYC as long as you take the Yankees with you!
    As a fellow New Englander (Mass) and Sox fan, couldn't agree more, lol.

But yeah, I'm def more in the East Coast camp, but I could be coaxed into Metropolis on the West Coast with one caveat: NOT LA. I could see NoCal areas like SF or even Sacramento. Or maybe Portland or Seattle. For some reason though, SoCal just wouldn't cut it for me. I dunno, maybe its just that I can't picture Metropolis with palm trees.

Regardless, I do like the concerted effort to give it more of it's own personality. Feel like the upcoming Steekworks book has a chance to elevate it even more.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    He also wrote that terror knights story is not required reading for those who are sticking with regular issues. So probably some dream sequenes that flesh out the twins a bit and thats that.
    My guess is that the big appeal of the Action tie-ins for those unsure is that Clark isn’t involved, so PKJ can focus on the Superfamily interactions. Scenes like Kenan and Kon messing with each other that he’s talked about wanting to do, but just hasn’t gotten the panel space to do, will probably be what he focuses on.