Page 322 of 376 FirstFirst ... 222272312318319320321322323324325326332372 ... LastLast
Results 4,816 to 4,830 of 5626

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Rat View Post
    Action Comics #1053 International Women's Day Variant

Everybody is going to get a jacket at this point .

Although I guess it does make it easy to cosplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Everybody is going to get a jacket at this point .

Although I guess it does make it easy to cosplay.
    Conner needs to Contact his lawyer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by magha_regulus View Post
    I want this to be canon! Ma Kent definitely deserves a jacket
    Only if she (without any change in her power level) actually takes on a SuperFamily level threat one-on-one.

A nice Ma and Pa vs Brainiac where they use the "elderly person vs high-tech" bit to defeat Brainiac. The senior Kents wouldn't actually be confounded by tech, just playing up the stereotype until Brainiac has a meltdown trying to deal with them.

Or Martha using her motherly powers to make Lobo behave. I can see a panel with either Martha pulling him along by an ear or with the Main Man having his mouth washed out with soap.

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post

Isn't that the truth, and he didn't even make the cover, cause I'm pretty sure that's kenan in the back. It should be in his contract that whenever anyone wears the jacket he also is somehow in the panel with them
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Action Comics got back up to the top 25 last month

It also sold out completely which makes me very happy. Hope some of those newcomers liked what they read and stick around so PKJ can get his long run.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

It also sold out completely which makes me very happy. Hope some of those newcomers liked what they read and stick around so PKJ can get his long run.
    Not just that, but it outsold one of two editions of Amazing Spider-Man that were out that month. A nice victory for fans of married superheroes.

Though another issue of ASM reached number one, I think that was only because of the 'Rek-Rap' debut appearance and thus was on a lot of speculator lists

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

This series selling pretty well becomes even more impressive considering DC was originally not advertising it much, clearly focusing more promotion in favor of Son of Kal-El as their big Superman series

And thanks to good word of mouth look what happened, SoK got cancelled and now AC is the headlining direction for the brand

Conner Kent saves the Superverse again
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post
    This series selling pretty well becomes even more impressive considering DC was originally not advertising it much, clearly focusing more promotion in favor of Son of Kal-El as their big Superman series

And thanks to good word of mouth look what happened, SoK got cancelled and now AC is the headlining direction for the brand
    DC are such **** advertisers for everything not Batman. They don’t even bother to use the non-Bat social media accounts they created except for once in a blue moon tweets/posts. Pisses me off because randos on the Internet know how to sell DC’s books better than DC. Freaking Gunn makes a Tweet and suddenly books are selling out! Maybe they should just let Gunn run the Superman social media accounts and do the advertising.

If they had shown Federeci’s art to people while the Warworld Saga was ongoing on the social media accounts it would have helped raise awareness of the book. I hope Gunn adapts TWS and that causes PKJ’s trades to get the same bump King’s WoT is getting right now.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status...hfC72SV1le_aQg

Probably just picked a cool cover of Superman flying, but I’d be ecstatic if this means he’s reading and enjoying PKJ’s run.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

https://twitter.com/jamesgunn/status...hfC72SV1le_aQg

Probably just picked a cool cover of Superman flying, but I’d be ecstatic if this means he’s reading and enjoying PKJ’s run.
    [puts on positive vibes hat]

Let's go transitive properties with it... Gunn is buddies with Morrison, who is buddies with PKJ. So Gunn is buds with PKJ.

Alternatively, it would be cool if Morrison straight up told Gunn, "yeah, you gotta read the PKJ run."
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis-Ray View Post

Same thing happened with Flash, I believe.

Incredible Member

The picture doesn't really have anything to do with the stories PKJ is telling (it'd be different if it were Superman in the Warworld outfit, or the 1051 cover with the Super-family), and it doesn't even have the logo "Action Comics" on it for me to think this is an attempt at increasing those sales after how Woman of Tomorrow and the others got sales spikes...

Yeah, almost definitely just Gunn picking a cool cover.

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan58 View Post
    The picture doesn't really have anything to do with the stories PKJ is telling (it'd be different if it were Superman in the Warworld outfit, or the 1051 cover with the Super-family), and it doesn't even have the logo "Action Comics" on it for me to think this is an attempt at increasing those sales after how Woman of Tomorrow and the others got sales spikes...

Yeah, almost definitely just Gunn picking a cool cover.
    It is Superman flying upwards so its representative of flying sales yo

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    He's just going to walk into the lawyer's office to see them in a jacket too.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.